It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I just heard on CNN.. Edit: Confirmed Story..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is just absurd... I'm going to paraphrase the best I can here.

A child was kicking around something under their seat on a Southwest flight. The flight attendant picked it up and didn't know what it was. A CNN crew member on board informed him/her that it was a loaded clip.

1) I call BS
2) I call BS
3) How can anyone pick up a loaded clip and not work out that it fits into a gun and goes bang?
4) Convenient that a CNN employee was on the flight to inform them what it was.
5) Convenient that CNN is the only source I can find for this and it was said in a nonchalant manner in between tidbits about the breaking Logan's Airport bomb search and the British Royal Wedding...

Assuming this is true, I honestly cannot comprehend how ignorant people have become. I don't know what has spared me from the mental condition that affects the population today. Have problem solving skills all but died? Can people not put two and two together anymore?

I'm leaning more toward this being false however. This being true, the MSM has long since lost all credibility with me. I honestly didn't know it was this bad. I'd been watching network news for a few years only, and had no idea that it had become a glorified TMZ.

Edit: Found link to the story.. It's true.. www.kpho.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by PayMeh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey, great to let us know ASAP.
As soon as you get a link - post it!
I'll go looking too.

Thanks!
edit on 23-11-2010 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Can't imagine how a clip, full of metal, could get on board.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by PayMeh

Can't imagine how a clip, full of metal, could get on board.

Air Marshals carry fully loaded weapons. Perhaps the child was sitting in a seat that was used prior to this flight by a said Air Marshal, and perhaps the clip fell out of his clip belt. Just a possibility.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Good point, That is a possiblity, never know when a Air Marshall is on board.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Breaking LOgan airport bomb squad checking out suspicious duffle bags...

So it all begins...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Yeah, What you said ! How the heck did this get into a plane if it's true ? This should be a HUGE story !!!second line

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Good point, That is a possiblity, never know when a Air Marshall is on board.

If it indeed was the property of an Air Marshal, you can be sure that they will trace the serial numbers on the bullets, if the clip even exists, and isn't the intellectual property of a CNN staffer's mind. The Air Marshal would most likely be severely reprimanded for this, as they have to be in control of all of their tools at all times.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by piercebitchone
reply to post by amc621

Yeah, What you said ! How the heck did this get into a plane if it's true ? This should be a HUGE story !!!second line

This: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Which makes me ask, shouldn't there be security sweeps of the planes before loading new passengers? If someone did sneak something onto a plane, they could just leave it there on a timer for the next flight. Plane blows up and there is no way to know that something like this happened.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That's what gets me.. The nonchalant way it was inserted into unrelated news. I found a link posted about an hour ago.

www.kpho.com...

Read it up. It's all true apparently. It was from an "undercover" LEO who had properly declared his weapon. I don't know what disturbs me more - A regular non air marshal being allowed to carry a loaded weapon onboard, or the fact that he lost the items once there.

It's a sad day people.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wish editing the OP would bump the topic in the list... Again.. this is a true story now.. x_x

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
this is not the first time this has happened, back in 2007 there was a clip found by a cleaning crew on a plane. i will see if i can find the report. find it at gothamist.com, still do not know how to add link's

edit on 23-11-2010 by bekod because: added info.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

So, we have more than one idiot not able to keep his clip in his pants.. great!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
this is not the first time this has happened, back in 2007 there was a clip found by a cleaning crew on a plane. i will see if i can find the report. find it at gothamist.com, still do not know how to add link's

edit on 23-11-2010 by bekod because: added info.

Here ya go. gothamist.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

like too see that reported "i lost my clip on a plane how do i get it back"?
i know this is no laughing matter what is, is the way TSA does things, what a joke, this will just give them, the TSA more fuel to the fire.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

thank you that be it!!! so i see it was confirmed well does that not beat all!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by PayMeh

like too see that reported "i lost my clip on a plane how do i get it back"?
i know this is no laughing matter what is, is the way TSA does things, what a joke, this will just give them, the TSA more fuel to the fire.

If anything, it should show everyone just how absurd the TSA is. Air marshals, I can understand needing the ability to carry guns + ammo. LEOs traveling on an airline should NOT be allowed to carry loaded on a plane. LEOs are anyone and everyone. They are no different in mental stability than any American with a concealed weapon permit. No one but an air marshal has a need to have bullets on a plane. Everyone else can deal with acquiring their ammunition upon landing.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Read it up. It's all true apparently. It was from an "undercover" LEO who had properly declared his weapon. I don't know what disturbs me more - A regular non air marshal being allowed to carry a loaded weapon onboard, or the fact that he lost the items once there.

A "regular" LEO does not get to carry a loaded weapon onto a plane. Only Federal authorities get to carry loaded weapons. My FBI friends actually outrank the Air Marshalls in the sky, they don't go through TSA, they board the plane before everyone else, etc., etc.

The skies are Federal jurisdiction. I'm not sure if DEA, NICE, and US Parks get the same treatment as the FBI, but I know that it wasn't some city cop or sheriff. The person that dropped the clip wasn't just a "regular" LEO.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This should give the TSA adequate cause to start implementing anal probes.

Coming to an airport near you, Anal Probes! Grey Alien approved!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join