It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: TSA worker abducts woman from Hartsfield-Jackson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Report: TSA worker abducts woman from Hartsfield-Jackson

www.ajc.com

A TSA employee based at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson tried to kill himself after allegedly abducting a young woman from the airport, sexually assaulting her then giving her a suicide note to deliver.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hey I am against the scanners and the pat downs at airports, but this man being a TSA worker has no bearing on what he did at all.

He could have worked at McDonald's, would you have posted this same thread with the title: McDonald's worker abducts woman from x-area?

Crazy people are crazy, TSA had nothing to do with what this person did.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

yes it does...

You see the TSA workers don't have to acquire DOD level security clearances...

DOD level security background checks look for all sorts of issues, such as those which resulted in this action.

As long as TSA does not require DOD level clearances, these situations will continue to reflect on the quality of the TSA staff.

That's just how it is.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by angrydog

The timing of this does reinforce my thoughts that we are being led, coached, and provoked with all of this TSA stuff. This organization has been around for awhile and, suddenly, it's a bigger issue than Katrina, the BP spill, and the Ground Zero Mosque all rolled into one? I find that unfathomably suspect.

Right, had nothing to do with the introduction of hundreds of Rapiscan systems in to airports, shutting off metal detectors, randomly picking hot women to be rapiscanned, and then changing pat-down procedures right before it all erupted to harass people in to being rapiscanned. Unfathomably suspect. Right.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I think you misunderstand what I am saying...

Why is all this happening now, including the scanners and pat searches? Why is it snowballing so fast? Why is it the biggest (or one of the biggest) news stories and ATS thread subjects of the year in a 2 or 3 day span?

Are you familiar with how magicians and illusion work? Distraction. Diversion. They know how you think and they use that knowledge to force your eyes (attention) to one point, far away from what is really going on. This is how we are fooled even though we believe we've seen everything.

This is what I think is being done here.

We are being distracted, diverted, and we are missing something very important. Or is least that is how it seems to me.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
exactly...so its just a relationship drama...happends all day..nothing to do with TSA

errr, except this apparently very disturbed individual happened to work for them and had contact (maybe literally) with members of the public (or should that be "pubic").

The event in question may have nothing to do with the TSA but the person certainly does.

Would you trust someone who had just tried to kill himself after assaulting a woman and been arrested for abduction? A man who took that same mindset to work every day.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Exactly... it has EVERYTHING to do with TSA, because they hired him without a rigorous background check as required by DOD.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Cassandra5Finish

My point is this simply...

Without DOD level security clearances being required, and special background checks which include talking to people who knew you , up to and including your high school teachers, these people shouldn't be allowed to access anything that has to do with privacy of our citizens.

You are missing my point though, say this man worked somewhere else, and say he did have the clearance, would you have made the post? clearances cannot predict an individuals actions. things happen in life and people lose their minds. It has nothing to do with where they work at all, none, notta, zip, zilch, zero. So all this clearance crap you keep spewing, it may or may not have happened if this guy and gal worked for the FBI, CIA, Navy, Coast Guard, Army, Marines, Bed Bath & Beyond, Taco Bell, etc....

Where is your post about this man former McDonald's employee

Because this man worked at McDonald's its a non issue with you? or you may not have heard of it, but since TSA is the Hot Topic of the month, you feel as though it matters that this crazy man worked for TSA?

Your making absolutely no sense to me.

I'm not arguing about the need for security screening... I'm saying that these folks need to shoulder the burden/requirements of having a DOD security clearance. And though that isn't 100% effective, it will remove a lot of these low hanging situations.

In your reasoning above, your saying that if this man had a CLEARANCE this would not have happened?or that it could have been prevented in some way shape or form?
So if Charles Manson had a CLEARANCE he would not have murdered all those people?

Each TSA member should have a SSBI, and if they don't they shouldn't be able to work as a TSA agent.

When did the incident of a man raping a women, become an issue with each TSA member and Single Scope Background Investigations? So in your reasoning everyone of those people who work for TSA are potentially the same as this guy right? Then so are you sir.

I personally have no use for the TSA in its current form.

So your statement above basically says you have issues with TSA and could give two S@%# about the victim and are trying to make an issue out of where this man works. I am just baffled at how your thinking on this.

a victim is a victim, wrong place, wrong time, an assailant is POTENTIALLY ANYONE, anywhere, anytime.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't think the TSA should even be mentioned in this particular article. This did not happen at the airport, and has nothing to do with the agency.
They probably just made that connection for ratings, since it's such a hot topic in the media lately, because of the upcoming holidays where everyone is going to be travelling.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

I disagree. His job does have a lot to do with this because he is in a position of public trust. You would see the same type of headline if he were a police officer. You do not want someone who carries weapons, handcuffs, etc as part of their job being able to use those tools for his job to commit a crime.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by InnerTruths

I disagree. His job does have a lot to do with this because he is in a position of public trust. You would see the same type of headline if he were a police officer. You do not want someone who carries weapons, handcuffs, etc as part of their job being able to use those tools for his job to commit a crime.

I understand your concern (which is very valid, btw) but obviously since this has happened, he is probably no longer employed, since he is in jail.

Most of you are sensationalizing the heck out of this topic.

Even with screening, like someone else pointed out, it cannot predict the future. Although a more rigorous hiring process could definitely benefit the TSA (and other private security organizations), that is not the main topic at hand. The main topic is that a woman got abducted and assaulted by a suicidal man... who just so happens to be employed by the TSA.

Because TSA is in the headline it blows the whole article out of proportion. But that's just going by logic and common sense, something a lot of people seem to lack now a days.

***edit**
For all you know, he coulda went crazy because he is now being "forced" to grope people in the name of security? Maybe this drove him to be suicidal???

just throwing it out there, food for thought.

edit on 23/11/2010 by InnerTruths because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/11/2010 by InnerTruths because: coorections

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
TSA to politics right now is what Lady Gaga is to music. just a part of pop culture that will fade away tomorrow the same way everyone forgot about Dubya already. notice everyone fall over themselves to hurry up and open the n-th TSA related thread- mostly redundant rehash about TPTB`s control- these past couple weeks? there are probably ten times more TSA related paranoidal fit threads than usual ATS fair about people asking when the rest of the humanity wake up/explaining NWO to the unwashed etc.

i will admit i hate any kind of authority as much as the next guy and find the term "authorities" when referring to police just fooking repulsive. as if another term "law ENFORCEMENT" was not enough. having said that, i think it`s just a case of good ol` witch burning. because i dont see many people being overly worried about emotional/moral state of cops/SWAT/docs who are not immune to committing nasty shyt. i think i saw a thread today/yesterday on here about a SWAT team who went Hollywood on a young girl and killed her when she was sleeping. i guess the thread is pretty much dead.
edit on 23-11-2010 by delicatessen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by NoEXcUseS

I'm amazed... just simply amazed....

As far as I'm concerned TSA folks need to have DOD clearances if it really is for our own security...

You know you make a great point. There is something so not right about all of these pat downs. I dont think that its good for the patter's or the pattees. This pretty much proves it!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Cassandra5Finish

My point is this simply...

Between your last post and your cute little PM to me, I more than got your point. You are angry and want to fight with someone about the TSA. You pulled an attitude with me over a whole series of things I did not say. I never defended the TSA or anything of the sort. All I did was point out that according to the article, this was an off duty agent who raped an aquaintence and not some officer using his position of authority to snag some girl out of line. I have yet to see what your actual problem is with what I actually did say. This is all I pointed out. It seems rather simple to me. Somehow, you imagined an entire other argument in your head and then wasted your time posting your half of it to me. The funny thing is, you have always been one of my personal heroes on this site for your level headed answers and grasp of facts and logic. Yet somehow, I noticed an important detail in the article and acknowledged it and that really got you upset. If you have some decent argument against anything I actually wrote, I would love to read it. Until then please save your made up fights over people defending the TSA for someone actually defending the TSA.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why would this guy illegally sexually molest this woman and get nothing out of it except trouble, when he could do the same thing all day legally to passengers during his job and get payed for it? Something doesn't add up here.

A serious question to be asked here is does being a TSA rent-a-security-guard sexual molester/pervert make you more prone to becoming a sexual predator? It's starting to look that way.
edit on 23-11-2010 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
No where in the article does it say that the TSA agent knew this woman beforehand.

MARTA police are among the law enforcement agencies investigating the claim that Randall Scott King, 49, kidnapped the woman from the Lakewood station Wednesday night. King accompanied her there from the airport where she left with him voluntarily, Hartsfield-Jackson spokeswoman Katena Carvajales told the AJC.

But King allegedly restrained the woman in the MARTA parking lot and took her to his house in Hogansville, about 50 miles south of Atlanta, where the sexual assault occurred, police there say.

"The victim stated that she was released by Mr. King who provided her with a suicide note and instructions on where to deliver it," Hogansville Police Department Sgt. Jeff Sheppard said in a press release.

A relative brought the woman, who was still bound in leopard print, novelty handcuffs, to the Union City Police Department, Det. Gloria Hodgson said.

Union City authorities notified the Hogansville Police Department, who dispatched officers to King's home. They found him with "several wounds about his body," Sheppard said. King was airlifted to Columbus Regional Medical Center where he remains in critical condition. Criminal warrants have been obtained by Hogansville police.
www.ajc.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
I don't get it. Why would this guy illegally sexually molest this woman and get nothing out of it except trouble,

You do not know what he would get out of it. Speculation like that isn't too clever me thinks and because you "don't get it" is a poor reason for that speculation.

when he could do the same thing all day legally to passengers during his job and get payed for it? Something doesn't add up here.

Are you serious? Are you saying TSA staff handcuff people in leapordskin cuffs and abduct them when they feel like it? Once again, because YOU don't understand doesn't mean it isn't possible.

A serious question to be asked here is does being a TSA rent-a-security-guard sexual molester/pervert make you more prone to becoming a sexual predator? It's starting to look that way.

Only to you.

While I don't support what this man may have done and what the TSA are excercising with their security checks, the ignorance of quotes like the poster here is just plain wrong.

This report could be about ANY messed up person and bears no ties to his employment except that TSA staff are not screened well enough before being put into the business of public/airport security. To presume that working for the TSA breeds unstable minds that pose a threat is just plain rediculous. I think it would take many years of unknown cr*p to get a person to behave in the way this man apparently did and it is not limited to any profession in particular.

Are some of us REALLY that naive?

Is this story all part and parcel of creating even more conflict and is it engineered to provide some kind of result?

If I was a TSA security guard, I'd be pi**ed off if someone stereotyped me and presumed I was some kind of evil pervert, I'd be resentful against the public and "hey presto"..... here comes your invasion of privacy for my own gratification....because I'm just doing my job.

Let's point the finger at those who make the rules and give the orders, not those who follow them.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Oh boy, this isn't good for TSA.

Just like TSA isn't good for freedoms

I wish they would just get rid of the new enhanced pat downs and scanners already. How many people need to be hurt before they realize its pointless?

It's in the peoples hands. Their Representatives need to know this is not acceptable by the people of this planet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join