It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Promises, Israel Never Eased the Gaza Blockade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

The suffering of the Gazans continues. Perhaps some of you don't know that the blockade also prevents the Gazans from exporting anything. This means only enough in to stay a small step from starvation. Israel on a daily basis raids something in Gaza and usually the Gazans respond the only way they can with glorified bottle rockets. Although I heard they may have received something a bit more sophisticated.

I understand Israels security concerns but it seems Israel (government) doesn't want security. Hamas has asked previously for a cease fire (Israel broke the last one) but Israel has refused. To me it is obvious what Israels agenda is, which is to make life so unbearable for the Gazans that they over throw their elected leaders. Well if that has not happened by now I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen in the future.

Collective punishment is a war crime and one day someone will pay a huge penalty.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Nonsense. This is what a starving child looks like:

worldhunger1.tripod.com...

Now, show me a similar child from Gaza.

This is a market place in Gaza:

barenakedislam.files.wordpress.com...

Bottle rockets ?
This is what a 122 Grad rocket looks like:

2.bp.blogspot.com...

Here is the damage caused to a school in Israel. Luckily, there were no children there at that time.

wpcontent.answcdn.com... r_rocket_attack_from_Gaza_2.jpg

Israel left Gaza strip in 2005. Gazans decided to elect Hamas and continue to terrorize Israeli citizens. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Really Gem_Men? Blockade keeps them one step away from starvation? IDF goes in on a daily basis? And the Gazaens are the ones *responding* to Israeli attacks?!

Really? Facts? Proof? Is that all unnecessary anymore? Forget this forum, men.. What about you? Do you not care about facts anymore?

Your own article talks only about the ban on exporting and letting in construction materials, the rest you just made up!

Gaza is in shambles! Israel needs to asist, I agree, but how can it? How can it when the government of Gaza still seeks to destroy Israel? A government that does not care for its citizens, as we've been shown and told time and time again, sometimes by the people of Gaza themselves..

I don't want to sound like a broken record and go on and on about how Hamas needs to stop shooting and start taking care of its people (as the PLO did), so I will just say this-

Israel can not support the government that is trying to destroy it. Period.

new topics

join