It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreadin' the glove: TSA infecting U.S.? More TSA Fun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just some more TSA fun today. I read this and though about my last visit to my local sandwich shop. They change gloves after every order. Apparently not the TSA. YUCK!!

Those latex gloves Transportation Security Administration agents wear while giving airline passengers those infamous full-body pat-downs apparently aren't there for the safety and security of passengers – only the TSA agents.

That's the word being discussed on dozens of online forums and postings after it was noted that the agents wear the same gloves to pat down dozens, perhaps hundreds, of passengers, not changing them even though the Centers for Disease Control in its online writings has emphasized the important of clean hands to prevent the exchange of loathsome afflictions.

www.wnd.com...

The gloves are indeed for their protection. Always remember that.

Now after reading day after day of TSA horror stories, I remembered this bit from one of my favorite movies.

Enjoy!! Smell the Glove!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's some more on the topic

TSA's not talking yet.

n fact, TSA officials in both national and regional offices declined to respond to WND inquiries about the policy for changing gloves to prevent an infection that may be on the clothes or body of one passenger during a pat-down by TSA agents from being transmitted to other passengers, including children, in line.

"For those of you who fly and opt for the 'pat down,' you need to demand the TSA thugs change their gloves. I've been watching on the news how they operate. People are being searched [with] dirty gloves ... gloves that have been in crotches, armpits, touching people who may be ill, people who pick their noses. Do you want those gloves touching you?

ABC reporter claims that a hand went inside of her underwear

"The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around," the ABC employee said in the network's report. "It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

Asked today about the possibility of contamination being spread from one passenger to another on the gloves of TSA agents, a spokesman for the CDC bailed.

www.wnd.com...

Its cold and flu season dammit!! Remember the fuss about H1N1 last year? Now we have all of the trappings for another classic pandemic. TSA spreads the love and the passengers take around the nation and the world to keep the Love Train Rolling!!

Amazing!. At the very least they should dunk their gloved hands in a Purell tank after each Inspection.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I hope you're joking about the "dunking hands in Purell". People who use hand sanitizer repeatedly can get bloody / cracked hands and knuckles.

Also, I have recently been infected with the flu while at school. Someone coughed in my eyes. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DEMAND HEALTH SAFETY - EVERYONE WEARS BLINDFOLDS
edit on 23-11-2010 by NeedsNoName because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How can anyone be On Board with this?
Next time I fly, I'm making sure they change those gloves in front of me, touching other people's person's is just plain nasty.

Funny clip!
still trying to figure out how a cuecumBer. could be metallic.

Yeah, TSA is waaaaaay out of line!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
. People are being searched [with] dirty gloves ... gloves that have been in crotches, armpits, touching people who may be ill, people who pick their noses. Do you want those gloves touching you?

And yet you handle paper currency every day that may have been in even worse places and probably carries more germs than you can count. Maybe this is all designed to give rise to the change in currency from paper to digital as well. How many birds can be killed with this stone?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

He had the cucumber wrapped in foil.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeedsNoName
reply to post by jibeho

I hope you're joking about the "dunking hands in Purell". People who use hand sanitizer repeatedly can get bloody / cracked hands and knuckles.

Also, I have recently been infected with the flu while at school. Someone coughed in my eyes. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DEMAND HEALTH SAFETY - EVERYONE WEARS BLINDFOLDS
edit on 23-11-2010 by NeedsNoName because: (no reason given)

Funny! I said dipping their GLOVED hands in Purell. If they won't change gloves they should do something to reduce the spread.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm glad this matter is starting to get the attention it needs. It is a serious health issue.

Also , You can pretend the fondle/molestsearch didn't happen or was for your own good, but you can't pretend you or your child got herpes, hpv, scabies or MRSA for their own good.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

This issue definitely needs attention. So far CDC and TSA have been mum on the topic. They probably don't have the budget allocation to continually replace gloves after each pat down. Logistics Logistics...

I read another thread the other day that suggested that all of the media hype behind the pat downs is designed to make people want the scan vs. the pat down. I am beginning to believe that. We will be forced to accept the scan as the new normal. In the meantime, they will make the pat downs as demeaning as possible.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Exuberant1

This issue definitely needs attention. So far CDC and TSA have been mum on the topic. They probably don't have the budget allocation to continually replace gloves after each pat down. Logistics Logistics...

I read another thread the other day that suggested that all of the media hype behind the pat downs is designed to make people want the scan vs. the pat down. I am beginning to believe that. We will be forced to accept the scan as the new normal. In the meantime, they will make the pat downs as demeaning as possible.

Once again the heavens align and we agree on something! I am certain that all of this fooferah is meant for the flying public to opt for the scan, instead. I fly into the States tomorrow, and will not have that option. I will, however, insist on fresh gloves for the fondle.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Good luck with your trip. Don't wrap the cucumber in foil and you should be A.O.K.!

Actually, I would love to hear your feedback after the trip regarding your request for fresh glove treatment. I would imagine that such a request will get some attention from the people in line behind you. Hopefully, all will request a nice fresh glove.

Cheers! and Safe Travels!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Good luck with your trip. Don't wrap the cucumber in foil and you should be A.O.K.!

Actually, I would love to hear your feedback after the trip regarding your request for fresh glove treatment. I would imagine that such a request will get some attention from the people in line behind you. Hopefully, all will request a nice fresh glove.

Cheers! and Safe Travels!

In the end, I didn't press for the fresh gloves, Here's what I posted in two other threads:

I can't go through the scanner. I just went though the process in Toronto and NOLA...not much difference. Not that intrusive, and one thing I haven't seen mentioned...after the pat-down the gloves are swabbed and the swabs go through an ion analyzer to test for explosive chemicals. After all this talk about rights, I have to say that one also has a right to pass on flying. Given recent circumstances, I'd say the whole process is not out of line...and one is given a choice. I'm very protective of my rights, but after all is said and done, I have to say there's a whole bunch of hyperbole being generated here.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Good to hear that all went well. It would seem that for every bad encounter we have been hearing about there are many more positive encounters like yours. The press does not like positive apparently.

Thanks for checking back in!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Good to hear that all went well. It would seem that for every bad encounter we have been hearing about there are many more positive encounters like yours. The press does not like positive apparently.

One further comment, which is also why I didn't press the issue...I regard my entry to the US as a privilege, not a right. (that applies across any border, of course) If one is a guest in another country, then it behooves one to behave oneself.

At home, I can squawk all I want.

top topics

join