It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Modifies Pat Downs/Protests dated for 11/24/10

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by janon

Everyone who isn't for the machines, they clearly stated that they are the minority on the issue nationwide, so I said since I'm the minority on the site (this thread) your all being hypocrites. Since you want your voice heard on the subject but won't give someone who's clearly out numbered here the time of day, you just heckle and don't even debate the topic just say I'm wrong thats that. Sorry that was too much for you to absorb.

edit on 24-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

I have already debated the topic and you choose to ignore me. Your logic is flawed and I don't believe it is possible to have a civil debate with you. You would rather insult people than actually debate. I'm beginning to think you are just a troll and this entire thread was a big waste of time.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

Sure I don't need to site your insults from earlier posts do I really?

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Your wrong and so is that site here you go: www.americaspace.org...

This site states 81% as of the 18th.

Yours is a newer date but it was a smaller amount of people the study I'm talking was nationwide, tell me in that article where it states that this was a nationwide vote or a localized vote.

Well I'll tell you the study conducted was only 2,032 voters... hmmm seems like a gigantic vote when the countries population is about 307 million.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

What is the cost of that device, it maybe the reason it's not on the open market yet but I agree if it does do a better job put it in. Otherwise you are in agreement that this device does perform better then the basic metal detector right?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Also in relation to what you put there last, if I'm afraid of the terrorist boogie man (which I'm not, I discussed my reasons for this I've been put through both the scanner and the pat down: no problem), are you afraid of a little human contact? Or possibly the TSA agents making fun of your small package? Is that what your afraid of?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Yes that is what I am afraid of.

You are just a tool with no spine.

Bend over and comply you fool.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Like I said before and I'll say again if your "uncomfortable" with it, find another way to travel. A plane isn't the only way and believe me I do get it, people need to suck up their pride and go through it or don't fly.

You know what that's very logical however once they are commonplace in one place they will be everywhere, as in bus stations, train stations, or there any other forms of transportation I left out? Not only that, other places will be employing their usage out of "fear of terrorists" such as courts, banks, schools, hospitals, grocery stores, no place would be safe from this sort of intrusion.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Hhahaha ya ya ya I KNOW THATS WHAT YOUR AFRAID OF!

Why else would you insult again and not blow it off, you know there is surgery to fix that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

If that happens then maybe we could have an argument but at this point it's only airports and devices usually run their course for a few years then something else is installed.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

...are you afraid of a little human contact? Or possibly the TSA agents making fun of your small package? Is that what your afraid of?

Wait, wait, wait! WTF? Is that necessary? I'm a little surprised at the depths to which people are willing to sink here. Not just you, but people on both sides of this issue.

I was sexually abused as a child (3-5 years old). My uncle used to hold my by the waist while he was doing his thing. For YEARS after I married my husband, if he came up behind me and touched my waist, I completely FREAKED OUT! To this day, NO ONE touches my waist except for my husband, and that's only because we have worked at it for years.

Not everyone likes to be touched. And their reasons are their own. That's what privacy is ALL about. I don't have to have a reason and I certainly don't have to explain it to anyone.

edit on 11/24/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What utter nonsense. Unless it is a privately owned airport, it is OUR airport. These scumbags work for us. They just act like they own it. They want you to think they own it. And, obviously, in some cases , it has worked.
We are taking back Orlando Airport (MCO) back tomorrow. A group of 20 (looking for 1 more) has located a retired DC-3 (Actually passenger converted C-47) to go to Gate 64 for pickup. Passengers using the Terminal transient aircraft gate must go through TSA screening and security. The 21 will opt out, then refuse the pat down. Under TSA publickly announced guidelines and their Management Directive 100.4, the people are then not free to go. They are, therefore, if asked any questions, the subjects of a custodial interrogation, requiring a lawyer be provided before any questioning. How long do you think that is going to take?
Orlando Sanford Airport has already fired the TSA. We think the Orlando Aviation Authority will soon follow wit MCO if anarchy reigns on 11/24.

Kudos to you sir. I would join you but I'm north of your border. We need more people like you to put a stop to this nonsense.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Heretic I'm asking you not to get involved in this one, he stated that I was afraid of the "terrorist boogie man". So I answered back are you afraid they'll see your small package, although it was mean I wasn't the first to insult.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryk42

So all the airlines aren't privately owned? You do fly on their planes... correct? What if the airlines want this then? Wouldn't that imply that they have the right?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

they stop more harm than they cause? What have they stopped? Nothing.

Shoe bomber: no
underwear bomber: no
yemen package: no

And today I saw a report on a gun clip being found on a plane.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Goal Shack

Where's the report? Also I didn't state anything was foolproof.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

How can you ask her not to get involved? She is making a valid point and your entire thread is arguing against her right? She gave you a great reason as to why people may not want to be touched. That alone should be enough to see that all your "little package" and afraid of human contact remarks are sadly ill conceived and wrong.

Also before you disregard this with more nonsense, tell me, what about benevolent heretics rights?
There are millions of people like her. You think they should find another from of transportation (which is still, if you haven't figured it out yet, an illogical argument)?
edit on 24-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by jerryk42

So all the airlines aren't privately owned? You do fly on their planes... correct? What if the airlines want this then? Wouldn't that imply that they have the right?

Yes. Here's the thing. The Bill of Rights is to protect us from GOVERNMENT intrusion. That's important to remember when we're talking about unconstitutionality.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I talked to her personally and I thought you were through with this thread?

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thank you very much heretic, I have had to be on the defense quite a bit clearly I've only had 1 or 2 people agree. You understand me quite well I believe and I do feel our civil rights shouldn't be infringed. Yet with a case like this it's hard to see if people really hate the technology or that everyone is going to try to make a buck by sueing the company. I understand some people don't want the invasion of private space, I also understand the someones body is there's and they have the right to how it should be handled. Still this doesn't bother me at all, and I'm sorry that I was born an Aries and am quick to get hot-headed. Still I don't see this as being "unconstitutional" if I'm fine with it, that means to me this isn't infringing on the constitution. My stance on the matter clearly isn't going to change and I respect your stance because of your tone. I can site plenty of posts where I replied with an insult but it doesn't mean I started out with one, as you can see many here who have posted for the first time have insulted immediately and then claimed I'm the bad guy. Thanks again for remaining calm and for your point of view.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Also I'm sorry to hear about your childhood... I wish I could say more but I don't have much experience with the matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join