It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honda Recalling over 1.1million Acura & Accords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The large recall is to address possible transmission problems. Models involved include:Accords from 2003 and 2004 are affected, as are 2000 through 2004 Acura TL sedans and 2001 through 2003 CLs. For more information on the recall, contact your dealer.

Honda Recall Story

Honda is recalling more than 1.1 million models to deal with a possible problem with transmissions.

The International Herald Tribune reported online that the recall of Honda and Acura sedans is because of a problem that also affected 600,000 minivans and SUVs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

For a related stories:
Broken Gears Make Honda Recall 600,000 Vehicles
Honda expands U.S. auto recall for transmission flaw

[edit on 1-7-2004 by JacKatMtn]

[edit on 1-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I knew it was going to be the transmissions when I saw the headline.

I think they had a soft recall on Accords back in 2000. My ex girlfriend had a 2000 Honda (brand new) that we took in for a first oil change, and the dealer said...hmmmm....come back in 3 days, here's a loaner, we're putting in a new transmission.

Like we won a prize or something. Red Flag! We bought a lemon.

I loved my 95 Civic but Honda's been downhill for years and Acura is an overpriced joke IMO.

But at least now we know why HONDA TECH is #1 on BIG BOARDS!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I just checked the Acura customer system to see if our '04 TL was affected. It's not. And I disagree with the previous post about Acura being overpriced. I researched alot of cars before we got the TL. We're extrmemly happy. Also have an '04 Grand Cherokee Ltd. but the TL rocks.

- G

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I tend to agree that Acura is an overpriced joke. The biggest part of the joke is how the Acura symbol is essentially an inverted Honda emblem. It's like the company laughs right in your face.

For years, the Legend and TL were very similar to the Accord, just as the Integra was (and still is) a leather-bound, 2,000 pound plastic toy. Also, the CL is essentially a souped-up Accord Coupe. I'm not bashing Honda, nor Acura, but I am saying that I am impressed with how they successfully managed to dupe people into buying cars they thought were a unique brand. They're not the only ones. Toyota's Camry is very similar to the Lexus ES 300, just as Nissan's Pathfinder is pretty much like an Infiniti QX4.

Sorry,but if I buy a luxury car, I buy them from companies that have been making them for years and don't have a mainstream branch that shares components between one another (sorry, jaguar... your X-Type Ford Contour and S-Type Lincoln LS make me nauseous)

[edit on 7/1/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Red Flag! We bought a lemon.

correction, you bought a new car with a manufacture or material defect.

lemons are cars that are purposely sold as being sound transportation yet are total junk. they know they're junk but they're lying to you anyway.

such as the seller claims thats the car is sound and well kept and blah blah blah and no sooner do you get it off the lot the engine blows up the brakes go out and the transmission pukes parts all over the road. in other words they sold you a used turd with nice wrapping paper. imagine getting a present on xmas day thats wrapped up in really nice expensive paper and has ribbon around it and a nice card only to find its has a dog turd in it. thats a lemon. they gave you the impression you were getting something you didnt. they gave you the impression you were buying a new car and you did buy a new car.

new cars are not lemons. they are new cars with manufature and/or material defects. you even said it was a new car. honda didnt not purposely sell you a new car that they knew was bad. they probably didnt have a clue then that the transmission was going to go bad. this happens alot, doesnt make it a lemon. it falls under warranty or recall, not a lemon.

i use to work on cars....glad i dont anymore. i got tired of looking at lemons for prospective buyers and having to give them the bad news. they always looked so sad.

lemons are USED cars, not new cars. new cars have warranties and recalls, used cars (after so many years) dont have a warranty although they may still be eligible for certain recalls, like safety recalls.

i remember the focus had bad bearings in the back and when they failed....things literally fell apart. ford had a big recall for that a couple years ago. they didnt and couldnt know that was going to happen. they're new cars after all. a car that is designed and built and yet not yet driven looks really good on paper and they hope nothing goes wrong with it but i have yet to see a car without a recall of some kind. no car is immune from the recall or defects.

the great thing is it was a new car and even if it wasnt being recalled it still had the warranty, free for you either way.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Honda's suck. Go Dodge and Chevey trucks. At least they are still mostly metal, not japanese plastic/fiberglass crap. With a honda or any other plastic car, you hit a rabbit at 35 miles and hour, the rabbit pulls you out of the car and beats on you for hitting it. A truck made out of metal hits a deer, you have deer jerky for a few days.

Best example. Truck made out of metal hits one of those little "I can go 999999999999999 miles an hour in a plastic car!" the truck has a bent in bumper, the car totaled, everyone inside dead. This happened at the intersection of Wheeling and Consault. For ones living in this area you might know where I mean. Don't go with honda or any other of those POS plastic/fiberglass cars, go American, go truck! Or full sized van, those suckers can take a beating. Or even better, get a liscense to drive a semi truck. Don't carry anything, just drive in the cab of a semi truck. Only thing you could lose to is a tank and a train.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
^Nice attempt on trolling. Well I'm glad they brought this out instead of saying nothing and screwing people.

new topics

top topics

join