It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think Bush is stupid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Its not like every thing that someone says makes perfect sense all the time, this man is wathced more then anyone else in the world. So naturally, every mistake he makes is magnified by the liberals, and then put on a list for all the stupid people to gawk over. I bet you that if you made a list of the smart things he has said, it would be several million pages longer.

so face it, liberals have a tendency to whine over the details and complain about peoples mistakes. It is called streching the truth, and if you are true atsers then you will do nothing but deny people who do make these kinds of lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Someone had to bring in the liberals vs conservatives argument. Let me say, for the record, I personally do not play ball with that kind of ideal. I am neither liberal nor conservative; I am not only registered as an Independent, but also I feature a system of values and morals that transcends the polar boundaries of what is considered to be conventionally liberal or conservative. What I mean by this is that I tend to appreciate what both sides of the spectrum have to offer. For instance, from the conservative stance I can agree with the will to protect the right to bear arms. From the liberal stance, I can agree with the idea that a free society depends on freedom of speech in any shape or form. I could go on, but I am just making a simple point here.

mwm1331, the problem is that you do not understand the wealth of information that is before us. All you have to do is look for it; it's not going to fall into your lap. What I mean by this, and I am, by no means insulting your intelligence, is that yes we both can verify the manners in which Bush was groomed. It's not really all that secretive. It's not like it's classified material. The motivation to increase awareness within one's self is separate from their overall intelligence, yes, but I never said the president has the ability to aquire knowledge on his own. I said he has been helped, yes, but he has done jack by himself. Furthermore, I did not make any substantiated comparisons between him and another or previous world leader. I merely said that he has been groomed which is usually customary when someone of his potential is thrust into office. Sorry I assumed you were trying to spin things, but it's just that I noticed you were trying to pick weaker points within my statements and turn them into your own offensive points no matter how slanted they may seem.

Finally, if you watch the first two videos, you will see how the man acts in the private domain. If you think he is all that different than what he seems to project as a public official, you are in for a heck of a surprise.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I know this is a cheap shot, but...

What about the time he was almost subdued by the evil double agent of Snackistan. The evil-doer pretzle lodged himself in Georgie's throat proceeded to choke. He almost won until the SS agent reminded or fearless leader to simply, "Chew."

Seriously though, remember that episode...?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
1) Albert Einstein was NOT dyslexic. He suffered from Asberger's Syndrome.
2) My favourite quote is from an American senator, about learning foreign languages;
'Why should we learn foreign languages, when English was good enough for Jesus?'
If anyone needs that explaining, you might as well hang yourself now, your life outlook is very grim

edit: Also,
I'd like to see very much an idiot who has a PhD from Oxford.
You might consider them incapable in real-life situations (the upper end ones, who may suffer some forms of autism, which directly correlates with their genius), but you can not, in any way shape or form call them stupid, they are all genii, hence their Philosophie Docteur.
It also depends, however, how you judge intelligence. Is it the problem solving ability? Or ability to comprehend a situation? Or ability to come up with a good solution in an entirely new situation, or the ability to learn facts? Do specifiy

[edit on 1-7-2004 by browha]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Bush=Duh? 2+2=5.3? Yea! Give me a cookie Mr. Cheney! I did sumtin smart!

Bush is a dumbass extraordinary. He did go to a Ivy League school and graduated. But that doesn't mean he is smart. It just means he did alot of coke and daddy paid his way through. Both tuition and bribes to teachers and Deans to make sure little Bush passed.

And yes, making a verbal error is alright everynow and then. But Dumbass can't go a single speech without humiliating himself. Hell, a 3rd grader would do better for he has a higher cognitive ability than Dumbass. Bush makes "verbal errors" 24/7. Hell, when trying to make love to Laura"What part of me goes into which hole?" He doesn't go "I love you Laura." He says "I love you, uh, Linda? Lita? Laura? Wait, those aren't right, oh yea! Lucy!" He, as the videos show, makes them inside the political world and outside of them. He is a sad sad man. If my kid ever grew up as dumb as him I'd shoot him.(or her, I don't have a kid thankfully). The leader, as the republicans so pointed out with Clinton, is suppose to be a model, an idol to the kids. But what kind of idol do you want your kids to have? A coke feind, drinks like a fish, "Is our children learnding?", Dumbass or a guy who flip flops on the issue? I'd rather have me, but since a independant will never in the whitehouse, I will never be the leader. But hey, if Kerry wins, we should be able to get big business under control again.

Another thing, if Bush was so smart don't you think he'd say what he wanted? No, Bush's life is like a childrens book. "See Dick, see Dick run, see Dick run over to Bush and tell him what to say to the media, see Bush screw it up by saying a dumbass thing instead of what Dick told him to."

Bush is even worse than Paris Hilton and Nichole Richie for at least they are able to make a living begging and showing their tits. Watch Simple Life 2, it is hilarious to see what happens when two complete stereotypical blondes are let loose on America. But they do do better than Bush would do for they don't stop every ten minutes at a liquor store to get more "drinking juice".

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You know what?
I'll be buggered if it isnt spelt Fiend.
I dont think it's fair talking about 'which hole do I put it in'
You dont even know he says that for a fact, and I mean come on, your argument there is just childish.

edit: let's also not forget that the american public put him into power.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
edit: Also,
I'd like to see very much an idiot who has a PhD from Oxford.
You might consider them incapable in real-life situations (the upper end ones, who may suffer some forms of autism, which directly correlates with their genius), but you can not, in any way shape or form call them stupid, they are all genii, hence their Philosophie Docteur.
It also depends, however, how you judge intelligence. Is it the problem solving ability? Or ability to comprehend a situation? Or ability to come up with a good solution in an entirely new situation, or the ability to learn facts? Do specifiy

In that case I apologize for the inclusion of Oxford as part of my 'just because you have letters after your name doesnt make you intelligent' example. Oxford is a wonderful school, and is arguably, vastly superior to the quality of education provided at schools like Harvard. I admit that it was a mistake to use Oxford and Harvard in the same comparison. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, B. I cannot, however, automatically assume one is a genius just because they do have a PhD. While, at this time, I cannot remember a famous individual with such a title (or similar one) who was just short of being intelligent, I am certainly positive that many do exist. I am not in any way insulting those that do have such titles, particularly because I would be insulting my own mother, but also because such a wide-spread insult would be truly inaccurate, not to mention offensive. I am merely saying that such titles do not automatically deem "Yes, you are a genius!".

Personally, I define an intelligent person as someone who meets all (and more) of those requisites you mentioned above. People can and have met all of your proposed standards for intelligence. That might be a relatively narrow-minded approach towards accepting people who may or may not be intelligent, but that is the way I personally measure how intelligent they are.

[edit on 7/1/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No, absolutely agreed.
Too many 'fake' PhDs can be bought online now! But a true PhD, e.g. Oxbos or Cantabs is a sign of intelligence! There is life out there...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -Reuters, May 5, 2000

"I think we agree, the past is over."
-On his meeting with John McCain, Dallas Morning News, May 10, 2000

Heh, these two quotes sound particularly like jokes. Bush is known as a jokester. He'll say stuff like this to get journalists laughing during press conferences.

It is true that Bush is absent minded sometimes. But then again, so are many other people (another famous example is Albert Einstein, well known as a very smart guy). What does that prove? Nothing about his intelligence.

Like a previous poster said, George W. Bush got his Bachelor's at Yale and his Master's at Harvard. Pretty impressive, I'd say. And while his father may have "pulled some strings" to get him into those universities, it was all up to Bush himself to pass the classes and earn his degrees. Like everyone else, those college degrees weren't given to him; he earned them like all the rest of us had to...

[edit on 7/1/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
browha, it's feind. I say so. I know, I before E except after C or when it makes an A sound like neighbor and weigh and whenever else we decide to put E infront of I. But it's feind, it makes it more dumbass like, and since describing a dumbass, it works.

Hey, I bet if my daddy had millions I could pass Harvard and Yale with C and D grades. May not be able to buy a Vowel(A) but damn sure enough to buy a C.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So you think Bush is stupid?

Yes...

Oh...you want an explaination? Then use the search function at the top, there's enough there to keep you giggling for weeks at the stupidity, then the giggling turns to a cold sweat when you realise he's the most (supposedly) powerful man in the world. Also there's a cool thing called google, type in "stupid" and "Bush Jr", you'll probably be surprised at the wealth of information you get.

In fact, I'm feeling kind I'll do the search for you...

Google

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
UPDATE:

hahaha!

Out of curiosity I put in the words "clever" and "Bush Jr", you'll never guess how many desired sites turned up?

Check it out here. It seems "clever" and "Bush Jr" don't go into the same sentence, but replace "clever" with "stupid" and they seem to fit like a glove. Read into that what you will.

*wipes away tears*

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
AlnilamOmega- while I personally disagree that Oxford is a better school than Harvard I do agree that an advanced degree or lack therof is not proof of intelligence. However I disagree that an advanced degree at either school can be obtained by bribery. I too have seen this "wealth of information" you speak of my ssue is that much of it is either based on verbal gaffes (which I do not believe is indicatve of intelligence either way) or is based on the opinions of those who are antagonistic towards President Bush. I also do not want this thread to degenerate into a Conservative vs liberal thread as I have lready started that thread elsewhere.

browha- I have always heard that Mr. Einstein suffered from dyslexia However as I am not familiar with Asberger's Syndrome I cannot say with certainty and will in this instance assume you are correct untill I have had time to research the subject properly. If it turns out I am mistaken (as may very well be the case) then I apologise for posting erroneous informtion. Browha can you tell me a bit about Asberger's Syndrome?

OXmanK- I dont know what you are referring to unless its the show "thats my bush" which is afterall a work of fiction.

James the Lesser- please do not post on ths thread unless you can meet the standards that other poster have shown here, your responses are childish and this is a subject which I feel requires maturity

John Nada- The belief that President Bush is stupid is very widespread which I believe is why the google searches you turned up tend to show a certain bias. However that in and of itself is not in my opinion proof.

Understand I am not here to prove either side of this position on this thread but I do wonder if peoples belief that President Bush is stupid is based on anything more than verbal gaffes.
John Nada

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
To prevent unneccessary duplication, this is a link to my post from the "Why does everyone hate Bush?" thread.

Conclusive evidence? I think so!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
You know what?
I'll be buggered if it isnt spelt Fiend.
I dont think it's fair talking about 'which hole do I put it in'
You dont even know he says that for a fact, and I mean come on, your argument there is just childish.

edit: let's also not forget that the american public put him into power.

Speaking of not knowing facts...........

The American public did NOT put him in power, the Supreme court did............

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So why does this thread seems to have all the same people that were in the hate bush thread, with all the same lame, emotive, skeptical, opinionated, and full of unthruthful reasons....

buy enough screens like m.moore to get your message out, it will seem more legit than it really is?

What was wrong with the last hate bush because he's stupid thread? too many people in there calling for FACTS about baseless allegations used to support this attitude against the President?

well Im now over here now too calling for the same data.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
-- Sorry Skadi!

More on Asperger's Syndrome..
It is a mild form of autism, people who suffer from it generally lack social skills.
Here is a very good link explaining it in far more depth than I can
Here
People who suffer from it may excel in certain walks of life if they find their particular discipline. This may well be the reason why Einstein was such a scientific success.
Here are more people who may have suffered from it.
These people include Newton, Michelangelo, Socrates, Darwin, Warhol......

It's both a gift and a vice...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Strangeland was quite succinct in his thred-starter as refered in this thread. You may choose to ignore what has come from the very lips of the Royal Moron, but don't try to reinterpret what he says to meet your own expectations.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it's a frickin' duck!!

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Has anyone read my post? It's on the first page....last post. It is second hand knowledge of the idiocy of GW.

I do have to say though...someone is very intellegent in the white house.

1. The only thing people can say bad about Ronald Reagan is that he didn't do anything about AIDS.

2. GW wants to be seen like a Reagan.

3. The white house has now given a butload of money for AIDS research (which happened right after Reagan's death when everyone was complaining about Reagan doing nothing for AIDS).

I don't think there is a coincidence at all to this. So, therefore someone knows what is going on in the world at the white house.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He wants to be like Reagan? So he wants to have child male prostitutes in the whitehouse? Franklin Coverup Scandal! I sure as hell wouldn't want to look like Reagan. Well, compared to being GWB, maybe I wouldn't mind. Having voices tell me to invade countries and seeing things that aren't there and being a dumbass does seem to be a little worse than a pedophile.

BTW.... Feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind feind!!!!!!!!

[edit on 2-7-2004 by James the Lesser]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join