It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is voting how this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Me I'm votng for bush. He's managed to lower the tax burden of both rich and poor, Lauched attacks in Afghanistan which has overthrown the Taliban and made life harder for al queda. Removed Saddam Hussein from power, And the economy is finally back on track after years of mismanagement by Clinton. On top of that hes given NASA a new mandate and is increasing thier funding.
All in all I'm pretty happy with current U.S. leadership and will definatly be voting for 4 more years. What about the rest of you?
Who you gonna vote for? And why?

[edit on 1-7-2004 by mwm1331]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm not voting. Either one I vote for I'm going to have voters remorse. Its in my nature that I'm going to wish I voted for the other. Plus I don't feel like taking credit for voting a monster into power. But if I don't vote one of them is going to be the leader of my country so I can still debate about whoever wins because they represent me to the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
cyberdude,

there is more then two parties you know, but they dont get media attention, because media wants you tto think you only have two options.

I personally like libertarian, my views are "right" wing compared to the left but still libertarian wins my heart. some of my views are libertarian compared to the right ...

Who ever said that American gov is allowed to shake our pockets so they get money to do away with what they want...
Gov is way to intrusive both right and left... Thats why libertarians win my heart.....

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of voting just to vote. I might vote for Ralph Nador but he doesn't sound much better than either one of them. Anybody else running?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Nader isn't good, he's far left like the liberal left.....

Libertarian.

Your smart to not vote just to vote..... that is indeed stupid...

What do you think about government?? I'll tell you one thing, gov is waaaaay to intrusive in our lives these days......... liberal and conservative are both to blame...

Please tell me/us what you think without trying to remember sound bites from media...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't really like to decide so early...but this time I'm fully ready to hit the booth and vote for....Kerry. I didn't support the war because frankly I don't support murder, but that isn't the reason Dub isn't getting my vote. He's anti everything I'm pro. I can't see myself voting for a christian fundie. Sorry, Dub no way--no how...

I confess a while ago i entertained a vote for Bush because he actually believes he can change the world and that's sorta dope. But, then I thought about what a world changed by Dub would look like and I realized I needed to put the crack pipe down and walk away.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
That was mean spirited.

Never mind.

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have to say nobody expected Bush to do some of the dumb things he did(Iraq for example). It seems that whenever there was a good American president in history they won by a landslide. But when a horrible president came into office nobody expected them to do so badly. But I agree with true lies on the goverment getting to intrusive. I mean they won't even do anything about telemarketers (the do not call list was considered unconstitutional by the supreme court) and spamers have no restrictions. Just look at the patriot act.

Ok sorry I got off subject. But unless I see somebody I like who has good ideas I just don't feel like its a good idea to vote just to vote.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Cyberdude if you don't vote you lose the right to complain about the government. At least thats my attitude. I personally don't care who you vote for (why not bugs bunny) but vote. Complaining about the intrusiveness of government is fine but making your voice heard is better

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I didn't vote for Bush last time, and I won't this time....

We didn't even elect Bush last time (he lost the popular vote), yet here he is...

Though I agree with the wars (but not for the reasons Bush claims, for the REAL reasons), I disagree with the reckless Bull in a China shop method he went about them...(and I don't mean militarily, that was rather surgical, I mean politically). He basically just pushed forward for the objective, without caring how much our national image was dragged through the mud... This isn't surprising, given that his knowledge outside the US borders is slim and none....

My vote is not so much FOR Kerry, as it is AGAINST Bush.... Kerry isn't much better, but it will delay the inevitability of WWIII for at least another 4 years or more....

EDIT: of course, just like last time, even IF Kerry was elected by the people, he still won't be president, and Dubya is virtually guaranteed a second term...its all but a given....especially when the Trump card of Osama is played...

[edit on 2-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't think I lose my right to complain because who ever wins still is my leader. I still have my freedom of speech so I should be able to complain and make suggestions. Like I said since I hate all of them why vote just to vote.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Cyberdude the point I ws making is if you dont vote then you are giving up your right to exercise control of this nation, by doing so you are giving your right to choose to someone else. If you tell waitress to 'surprise you" and she brings you food you dont like its your own fault for not rdering what you wanted. If you dont vote you are basicly saying " pick whoever"
If you take away your own right to exercise choice then dont complain that you dont like the choices made.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding?

You vote for the same reason you do anything - because you can, because it means something, because we live in a free country where we have the right. Because we are darn lucky we do and simply not voting takes this country for granted.

Your vote says something, you must have something to say. Not voting sends only one message to the candidates, I only have to worry about the ones that vote. I got news for you, certain information is public record, such as who actually cast a vote (though not who or how you voted). Too many people don't, in fact so many that - why should they necc. care what you have to say if you don't.

With all the conspiracies in this world, I for one am not going to assume that if I need to approach an elected official, he/she is not gonna check the list before I get a call back. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
To me it is between two issues, security and economy. I'd rather die rich than poor, so if Kerry's economic plan makes any sense at all, I'll be leaning his way. Since the race is so tight, I won't consider a third party tis time around.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

TextI didn't vote for Bush last time, and I won't this time....

You're right on the point on that one, and for the taxes I guess I am one of those that got nothing to show for it, and for Afghanistan, let see............. the clerics still rule and women are still oppress, is still terrorist attack in their country and US arm forces are target, Iraq well all you have to do is see the news on that one, and world terror we the Americans are prime target for it abroad. Yes...............Bush has done a terrific job !!!!!!!NO!!!!!!

Down with the King!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, I was considering voting for me, but not 35+ so I can't become president. So I considered voting for Bush, but then I stepped away from the paint thinner fumes and realized I don't want a dictator dumbass so I won't vote for him. Nader, well, no. Only real choice left is Kerry, and he isn't all that much better than Nader. But compared to Bush? Damn, it is like Mother Teresa compared to Hitler, no competition. So go Kerry.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
personnally i think if you can't beat 'em

vote nader!

nader for persident 2004!

-Graham

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm voting for Michael Badnarik, Libertarian, for President...here is a short interview with him:
www.freeliberal.com...

He is against the "War on Drugs" and teaches a Constitution class which helps to finance his campaign.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Bednark definitely........... l am majority libertarian..... Last night Nader was on fox talking with sean hannity the thing I liked about him was he was so passionate and honest, he definitely is for capitalism, and he's anti corporation meaning they should get their heads out of the kind of business we often see them in. Plus he was getting on Hannity's ass about not facing certain issue's head on which I found really cool because usually people that on there slap eachother's ass...
Nader is a pretty interesting character, i'd have to do more research on him...
Badnark is everything I believe in and thus has my vote... Nader, well i'd like to see what he stands for...
Badnark's second amendment ideology is great. He's pro life, anti drug, he's campaigning the way it should be done, check out jezebel's site she posted, very good points he brings up ... It's too bad these third parties don't get enough media attention....

The media is beating those two parties into the ground... Neither of them stand for what they once did, and both are polorizing faster then you can say cheese. At least we have other options, thats one of the beauties of living in this great country.

Although the other two parties wouldlike us to believe that those options don't count...

new topics

top topics

join