It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in: ATS being taken over by TSA (threads)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I just can't take it anymore. If I see one more BREAKING NEWS!!! TSA....etc, etc, I'm gonna lose it!!!

Enough already. I don't disagree with the premise of people being upset over some of this, but the media and our reaction is getting a bit out of hand. It seemed in the beginning there were some very well put together and thought-provoking threads, but lately it's just a feeding frenzy. Would it be possible to organize one thread to list the latest 'breaking news' for TSA?

Maybe I'm being a bit sensitive. Am I alone in this? Does it seem that maybe, just maybe there is a bit of a mob mentality developing? I am all about discovering the truth and certainly protecting our rights....but some of these titles speak for themselves:

TSA agents took my son!!!,

link

TSA STRIP SEARCHES YOUNG BOY!!

link

TSA gropes young boy's testicles while he is strip searched in front of everyone

link

The TSA is Microwaving our JUNK !!,

link

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!,

link

TSA (Team Sexual Assault) Wants to grab man's "junk". He says no, they eject him and threaten to

link

These are just a few. Search TSA and it literally brings up pages and pages of thread titles.

Again, let me emphasize that there are some great threads on the topic. Unfortunately, they are getting burried under a myraid of BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! TSA MOLESTERS........etc, etc.

If there is something here to stop, I am afraid that this hysteria is only going to harm that cause.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmm?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adee536d8a35.jpg[/atsimg]

Personal Disclosure:

edit on 23-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Editde buggy emoticomn.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Am I the only one thinking the more attention this gets, the faster it will be abolished?

Or do I have it wrong, and the more ignored this is, the faster it will go away?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Maybe it's because it is very late here (can't sleep), but I'm not getting it. Are you implying that I should simply hide the threads from my view?

Yes, I can. My point however, is that (IMO) this takes away some of the credibility of the site, and distracts from stories and threads that would otherwise get more viewership. Also, just the general atmosphere and mentality of the site right now.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

You know, I'm just not sure. But I would think that the more intelligent and thought-out the complaint, the more attention and credibility it gets. Kinda the whole crying wolf thing. I'm afraid the real issues are being burried (intentionally?) by the hysteria.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Explanation: Uhmm?
Yes I am!

Yes, I can. My point however, is that (IMO) this takes away some of the credibility of the site, and distracts from stories and threads that would otherwise get more viewership.

Not in the slightest! [although I do respect your opinion, I think it is misinformed] Here is why ....

1] ATS is doing better then ever!

Big News: AboveTopSecret.com is 1,693! (by SkepticOverlord) [ATS]

2] Members and non-member viewers pick and chose what they want to read regardless of what is currently the latest ATS fad to investigate/debunk etc.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps you recalibrate yourself to ATS's mentality and atmosphere!

edit on 23-11-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to remove unrequired picture link. Go view it in SO's thread please!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm so sorry your "tired" of your rights and liberty being stripped away. In violation of the Constitution i might add. Why don't you leave the country or ATS, at least. This what the members post so if you don't like it then go somewhere else; like the huffington post.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

A smart head with a hat on it would probably take all the increased activity and threads and come to the conclusion that it must be a pretty serious matter,
and I'm being one to agree that point.
What I'd like to see more of and quickly,is alternatives being brought to the table,
we can complain about things forever, but whats the use if youre not contributing to a remedy, right?

www.sandia.gov...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

I'd rather you took your sensationalist reactions and rather rude comments somewhere else actually.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
All these tabloid type headers degrade ATS to the point that it is no more than a government scandal gossip site. The tacky titles come directly from other web sites. If moderators would invent a new little sign and use it on these then they would stop. Perhaps it would be helpful if we direct the attention of the mods to these silly topics by using the menu provided.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have an idea let's give TSA it's own section, like with the Deepwater Horizon, Katrina, etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, I knew there would plenty of people disagreeing with me....look at all the posts on the threads I'm talking about.
(I'm suprised there aren't a bunch more.) That's fine. One of the reasons I appreciate this webiste, lot's of diverse ideas and opinions.

I would really just like to make people stop and think for a moment before they post a thread, to make sure that it is contributing and not taking away from the site. I know, I know, age old arguement here but the past few days the lynch mob for TSA has been growing.

I think if people made every post/thread count more and DID care about the integrity of the site it would be ranked even higher. Ofcourse, as always, just my opinion!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You should be afraid of the TSA microwaving your junk.

Not the people who are pointing out the obvious evil this involves.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've noticed that things on the attention of the public seem to get more attention here. That is just reasonable. When the whole oil rig thing exploded there were a lot of threads about it. That's what happens. This is not the only site talking about the TSA issue. On every News website I visit there are leading stories about it, and even in local areas. This is a flaming national issue right now, and will probably not be going away anytime soon as long as the American public as a whole is getting treated the way they are.

The government grossly underestimated the response this would be getting. I don't know how or why. People are very complacent, and I'm betting all the people that answered they don't mind the new procedures, if not, probably the majority haven't undergone the new procedures, or even perhaps fly regularly.

While many will still be complacent to an extreme degree, when someone feels their own personal rights are being violated, or they are embarrassed in public, or humiliated, they will respond. It does not help that some, if not many, of the TSA agents are having ego trips. I know this for a fact, for I know the sister of a friend of mine who is a TSA agent, and she struts around like she's the stuff, and talks all high and mighty since she's gotten the job. Even her brother complains about her haughty attitude. The problem is, that attitude and the way they're handling the American public is having strong consequences.

If I were a TSA agent (my twin brother was for a time, and he has stories about them, let me tell you) I would have quit in protest over what is going on. I know I would, I've quit another job in protest of the way things were handled before. I could not in good conscience frisk people and children like they are being forced to do. Sure they're getting busted because their security has been non-existent, and its been a long time in coming. But they're going about this all wrong. And it's about to come back and bit them in the butt probably. Forbid another terrorist attack huddles everyone in fear again and reigns in their protests of freedom.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yea , I can see where you are coming from but , if all the TSA threads annoy you in some way , why not just ignore them ? That's what I do . I hardly ever , if at all , open a thread with TSA in the title .

In case you haven't noticed , you see the same thing with 9/11 threads , oil-spill threads , UFO threads , etc .

This site is 'come-one-come-all' , as long as you abide by the T&C so , of course there will be numerous people posting on the same topic at any given time . Comes with the turf .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Good, that just means that people that have never been to ATS will type a search variable in Google to get info on the TSA and one of these threads may show up in the first 5-10 results.
This can only give this problem more exposure and possibly increase the chances that something will be done about it.
Like i told another poster, if you dont like the TSA threads, skip them instead of making yet another one about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I, for one, am happy this issue is blowing up. It's about time we got upset over the way our privacy is being destroyed.

Instead of going away, I hope this grows and spreads to the mainstream conscience and we start protesting a broad spectrum of privacy and liberty destroying laws and practices.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"Yea , I can see where you are coming from but , if all the TSA threads annoy you in some way , why not just ignore them?"

I agree 100%. People like you are not only absolutely useless in fighting a corrupt unjust inhumane system, you're actually a detriment. So do us a favor and just go back to sleep and please accept our apologies for waking you from your slumber.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

Good, that just means that people that have never been to ATS will type a search variable in Google to get info on the TSA and one of these threads may show up in the first 5-10 results.
This can only give this problem more exposure and possibly increase the chances that something will be done about it.
Like i told another poster, if you dont like the TSA threads, skip them instead of making yet another one about it.

EXACTLY. So they open the one of many ATS threads only to find a poorly put together story that is ludicrous and not only makes the whole TSA thing seem over-blown (therefore hurting the real issues), but portrays ATS a silly tabloid-style site.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

edit on 23-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join