It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old good kid faces deportation--It all changes when its close to home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

You invited them.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

You invited them.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Fortunately for everyone in the nation, that catchy little poem is on a statue, and not official policy.

Emotion does not belong in any immigration policy.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Emotion does not belong in any immigration policy

Apparently neither does humanity.

Your policy isn't working by the way. And since its there specifically to benefit the corporations which run your lives it will never change.

By the way, I don't know of any country which in my view has a policy which is fair and humane. As always it's all about the money.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Fair and humane to who?

Is it fair to American citizens to just open the gates and let every uneducated 3rd worlder enter the U.S? Of course it isnt.

Self interest must play a part in restricting who is allowed to enter the country. There is no right to enter the country, it is a privilege subject to stipulations, such as being able to support yourself.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This may sound harsh but the reality is, we are responsible for our own actions. When we have children, it is our job as parents to do what is best for our child. If you decided to bring your child here illegally, it is not his/her fault, it is the fault of the parents who choose to come here illegally.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i can only have compassion that Mexico is worse off than America and so he chose the lesser of the two evils. He should have not applied and got free healthcare.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

He is actually only 18; he just graduated this past June.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

THANK YOU for sharing your story and trying (albeit unsuccessfully) to put some sense into peoples' heads. It is really interesting to me that you were able to get SS cards with no issues, that explains a lot of illegal immigrants and I would say that is the governments fault! I can't get over the lack of sensitivity and compassion some people have. It's downright wrong to stereotype and clump individuals into one group, when in reality, every individual has a story. I'm sure the people on this thread being so harsh have NEVER EVER broken the law in anyway. I'm sure they have never smoked pot ever, I'm sure they never drove while intoxicated, I'm sure they never sped. Absolutely absurd. Then again, I guess we are part of the exception, apparently. I suppose I am naive; I want to believe everyone cares about their fellow human, especially when they are a good one with dire circumstances. So sad.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
news.cincinnati.com...

Well this is a step in the right direction at least. And apparently, his uncle was granted asylum by a different judge in 2003 for the same reasons his parents requested it; they got denied and his uncle and his uncles family did not. So that came down to a matter of the beliefs of different judges.

My faith in humanity had been deterred slightly from this thread, but then I look at all the support Bernard has. The kids and staff from Reading High School are pulling together to help Bernard. They held a vigil for him and are running a 10k on Thanksgiving day wearing t-shirts saying "Free Bernard". That's how much he meant to people.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself

The kids and staff from Reading High School are pulling together to help Bernard. They held a vigil for him and are running a 10k on Thanksgiving day wearing t-shirts saying "Free Bernard". That's how much he meant to people.

Thats why we dont let high schools kids write our immigration policies.

They think with emotion, and not logic or intelligence.

Compassion is like religion. It's best kept to yourself and not imposed on others.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

The kids and staff from Reading High School are pulling together to help Bernard. They held a vigil for him and are running a 10k on Thanksgiving day wearing t-shirts saying "Free Bernard". That's how much he meant to people.

Thats why we dont let high schools kids write our immigration policies.

They think with emotion, and not logic or intelligence.

Compassion is like religion. It's best kept to yourself and not imposed on others.

Well aren't you just a happy ray of sunshine. I will spread love, positivity, and peace....and hopefully you keep your bitter, negative, uncaring energy to yourself. Clearly, our "logical intelligent" immigration policies currently in place are working...sometimes its better to think with your heart.

Notice I wrote kids and STAFF. Meaning people with Bachelor and Masters degrees.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Are you sure that current US immigration policy, especially the part about police not being able to even CHECK it, but still wanting from it to somehow enforce it in practice, was not written by elementary school kids? Seriously, that is so absurd I LOLed when I first heard of it - people are complaining about illegal immigration in the US, while police has no way to even check the status of someone? Thats like buying a car and wanting to sail a river with it.
edit on 24/11/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well aren't you just a happy ray of sunshine. I will spread love, positivity, and peace....and hopefully you keep your bitter, negative, uncaring energy to yourself. Clearly, our "logical intelligent" immigration policies currently in place are working...sometimes its better to think with your heart.

Notice I wrote kids and STAFF. Meaning people with Bachelor and Masters degrees.

So all people with a Bachelors or Masters are informed or knowledgeable on immigration policies?

Absolutely not.

Teachers and other school staff should not be consulted on matters of immigration.

Thinking with ones heart is all fine and well in your personal life, but in matters that concern the nation as a whole, emotion has no place in the debate.

For the record, I am not uncaring. I care deeply about the future of the U.S., thats why I am an advocate of stopping illegal immigration by whatever means necessary and deporting anyone found here illegally.

Some cases may be sad, or in your case pull on the heart strings, but life isnt fair.
Once this kid gets deported, if he wants to return, he can apply for citizenship through the normal channels.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You can thank those die hard supporters of open borders and opponents of racial profiling for those retarded measures.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, chances are it actually is a duck and should be a deported duck if said duck cant prove he is a citizen.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I was deported. My parents brought me to the the US when I was a toddler.

I did not qualify for a green card.

I had a job in a sensitive area

I do have two American born brothers. In order for an American family member to sponsor you for a green card they MUST BE 21. Both ( twins) had recently joined the military and though would be 21 in a few months time I could not see myself risking their future for me. Both had been accepted into sensitive jobs which may have been put in danger had it been discovered several of their family members were living in the US illegally.

...emphasis in that last sentence above is mine - because - it doesnt make sense...

...merigold, you were in a "sensitive" job but you were an illegal immigrant... so, no one bothered to check out your credentials?... doesnt sound like a "sensitive" job to me...

...your usofa-born brothers joined the military and were accepted into "sensitive" jobs - but - their lives werent gone over with a fine toothed comb prior to being accepted into those "sensitive" military jobs... doesnt wash...

...i have family members who had or have "sensitive" jobs - and - they were all born here and all of their parents were born here and all of their grandparents, etc, etc, etc, etc - and - their lives were indeed gone over with a fine tooth comb prior to being accepted into those "sensitive" jobs...

...besides that - when you got deported, your brothers' superiors surely found out, considering the "sensitive" nature of their jobs... so, your self-less act of not allowing your brothers to assist you becoming legal because it could have a negative impact on their jobs makes no sense...

America wasn't all I thought she was, and that really hit home when she kicked me to the curb.

...the usofa didnt lie to you... your parents did...

I lived over 25 years in the US as an illegal, no one ever asked me for mine. I went to school, college, doctors, dentists, work..and no one ever asked me.

Do you know why? Because I'm white and speak perfect American English.

...i know tons of natural born citizens of the usofa who had to produce birth certificates to get their kids into public schools during the 1970s - tons more that had to do the same in the 1980s and 1990s and by then the majority of employers required at least two forms of documentation that proved you were legally employable, which an illegal immigrant could not legally produce ---- but ---- you were able to circumvent standard procedures because of how you look and how you speak... not believable...

I'd like to address people's comments regarding ss cards. I have one which is completely valid and in my full name. Every member of my family who were illegal have one which is valid and in their full legal names.

Pre 9/11 the US was much less stringent.

When my parents, in the early 80s, came to the the US they immediately got SS cards for the family. No questions were asked ( and this was pre us speaking English, I was still a baby).

...even in the 1980s, there were strict requirements... also, there is more than one type of ss card... i dont believe that an illegal immigrant qualifies for any of them - but - i could be wrong... if so, maybe you would be so kind as to point out which ss card an illegal immigrant qualifies for and the requirements to qualify...

I have a full driver's licence. I registered to vote when I was 18
I NEVER used any services I didn't pay for. I worked, paid taxes just like you.

...if you had all the LEGAL credentials you claim you had - and - you were paying yearly income tax (to the irs), i seriously doubt that you would have been deported...

...you most certainly would not have been deported to the uk...

...did you leave something out?... like, you were deported to the country of your origin, then you legally immigrated to the uk?...

...how could you afford to immigrate LEGALLY to the uk but you couldnt or wouldnt afford to do the legal thing in the usofa when you lived here?...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Seekingmyself

I was deported. My parents brought me to the the US when I was a toddler. Hell, I didn't even know I wasn't an American until I was about 16.

Your statement here implies only that you were deported. You did not clarify the age at which you were deported. You also did not clarify as to whether or not you returned to the states.

At what point did you receive a job with "sensitive" security clearances?

If you were in the United States and had a job with "sensitive" aspects, the implication is that you were an adult.

If you were an adult in the United States, had a job, and were not a legal citizen, there are services you used to which you were not entitled. The honest position to take in this case would be to acknowledge that you owe the legal U.S. taxpayer reimbursement for those illegally utilized services and resources.

Kindly, the information you have provided is very suspect.
------------------------------------------------------------

Re: the "compassion" involved in enforcing immigration law, the two points are factual and clear:

1) There is no civilized, successful nation in the world that has open borders without some kind of restrictions as to entry and citizenship;

2) Liberals/Progressives/Democrats/Statists want to "transform" and weaken the United States. One of their machinations for this is "more open borders". They know that it is a way to destroy a culture and ensure their continued grasp on power.

3) Liberals/Progressives/Democrats/Statists leverage the compassion that people have (somewhat immaturely) voiced on this thread to obtain their nefarious ends.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

By the way, I don't know of any country which in my view has a policy which is fair and humane.

Fair & humane eh? listen you sound just like kid in the OP. As one poster said why don't you pay the US treasury for everything you used? Nobody buys this rubbish about "Oh I paid ..... " What is so sensitive about your work? tell us what you do?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join