It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old good kid faces deportation--It all changes when its close to home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
news.cincinnati.com...

Pastor and his family – his parents and an older brother and sister – lost their asylum case in 2003.

...thats a very important aspect of this case... wish i knew the particulars... ie: if the final ruling included a penalty of any kind (including deportation) or if they were allowed to stay here on a visa that has now expired...

...7yrs later, their 18yr old son is probably going to be deported - but - what about the parents and the older siblings?... are they facing deportation?... have they been detained?... are they in litigation?...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I want to know how he was enrolled in school with out a social security number and birth certificate or what ever the papers are that must be shown when someone is in the country legally ? I had to provide those for my children to enroll them in school. I went to the Dr. yesterday and had to update my insurance information. I had to provide my social security number before I was seen in case my insurance failed to pay for my visit. Back when I first became an adult and was job hunting I didn't have a social security card and was having difficulties obtaining my birth certificate so that I could get a copy of my social security card, no one would hire me. I want to know how these people do it?

The government requires that they be given free treatment if they walk into an emergency room. They also ignore any state, county or city that attempts to do something about illegal activities up to and including attacking those same entities if they are in any way successful at fighting illegal immigration.

The way they get around all of the rest is done by working under the table (facilitated by lawbreaking employers) fraud and identity theft.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I'm wondering where are all those people - doctors, teachers, educators, neighbors, preachers, parents - who aided and abetted the family's illegal status. Where are they? Is ICE and INS going to go back and find out who helped this person (and apparently his entire family) break the law?

...i seriously doubt that will happen - and - i dont approve of the government or its agencies forcing citizens to rat out people (too nazi-ish)...

...however, you do bring up a valid point... how does a parent get away with not supplying a birth certificate or a ss# when entering their child into a public school?... my kids are in their 30s and i had to have documentation to get them into school... so, i do wonder how these parents got away with it?...

The fault, culpability, liability lies with those people.

...no... the fault lies upon the parents who entered the country illegally with three children... however, once the three kids became adults, it was their responsibility to become legal citizens - but - perhaps they were afraid to because it could cause them all to be deported...

His parents and every school administrator who let him pass with no actual legal right to participate in public education should be ashamed of themselves.

...you're presuming they knew... the family might have supplied the documents required to get into public school but the docs were fake... prior to 2003, they may not have needed documentation since their asylum case was still being litigated and, since its a small town, they may not check documentation on returning students... without the facts, there is no reason to hold the school or anyone else liable...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

So what he is an illegal either way you look at it. No compassion, he should be deported. Again he is an illegal. There is no excuse to be in default of the law! Again maybe he needs to speak to his parents for an explanation!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Simple solution:

Make it so you can't be convicted of a immigration crime that you did not commit.

At 3 years old, coming into this country was his parents crime, not his. He should be allowed to stay, his parents should be kicked the eff out.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Dude : "( he wasn't driving)". You read that?? It was not stated!!!!!!!!!

You are not entitled to your own facts to steer the emotion or facts.

He was in his parents car with their permission or he took it upon himself to drive another s car with complete dis regard to the law and concequnceses.

Who would pay if this minor accident was a major accident? No DL no Insurance or coverage Period.

Ya a good kid would set his family up to be sued for everything. Or let the tax payers pay for any damage he may cause.

Ya real potental here for a fine American citizen here.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

very sad. but the law none the less.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

WOW! I am baffled by your insensitivity. First of all; he and his family did NOT use any form of government assistance. They are contributing members of society. I don't think it's right to be illegal; but he was a victim of his circumstances. And where do you get off saying "his people?!" Does that mean as a German I should be blamed for the Holocaust? You have no logic.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

They did try to become citizens in 2003 and weren't able to for reasons unknown to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiodreamer

I felt compelled to. And Reading, which is the community Bernard was raised in, is a small town where everyone takes care of each other. People are rallying for Bernard, which I expected to occur. His deportation has been post-poned, and there is a petition already. Also, on Friday, a giant group of people are heading to Butler County Jail in protest. John Boehner is Speaker of the House elect and congressional rep; and he is from Reading, so hoping he helps.

Here are some steps of action from a Facebook group dedicated to Bernard:
americasvoiceonline.org...
2. Call Assistant Secretary to ICE, John Morton and leave a message urging him to take action and defer Bernard’s deportation: 202.732.3000
**Be very polite:

3Call –in Script: “I am calling to ask that ICE use its discretion and not deport Bernard Pastor (A#076-432-989).

immigration.change.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Actually, the accident was the other drivers' fault. He should not have been driving illegally, you are correct.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

"No Compassion" That says it all, my friend. Compassion is lacking severely in this country.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hey Gandhi,
Name one country that dose not maintain boarders or maintain control of those entering said boarders.

Name one.

As for the OP's strategy of trying to make things personal : Search the number of Houston Police officers killed by illegal aliens over the past few years. But their families have no emotion do they? Were they not good people also?
Did they not DESERVE better?

Maybe the OP could next Google the Dollar damage of illegals driving without insurance in any one state. I can tell of many innocents life's changed for the worse in that very way.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
He was a passenger in a vehicle that was tboned by an idiot who was texting while driving, he suffered minor injuries, when he couldnt give the cop id on the scene ID, they detained then deported him.
The kid is 21 years old, was trying to get legal status, only to find out it cost THOUSANDS of dollars to do so, so he should be punished for his parents screwup?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have a good friend named Alex who is in a detention facility in New Mexico as we speak, been there for almost a year now. He is 28 years old, has a good job, is one of the nicest and most generous people I know. His crime is his parents moved here to the US when he was three years old and brought him here illegally from El Salvador.

Now because of a traffic violation and a very small amount of weed which was misdemeanor level, this guy, who is totally and entirely American just like anyone else here, is looking at possibly being deported to El Salvador, a place he has never even been to and literally knows noone.

We have millions of gangbanger murderers and dope pushers pooring over our border and operating with no hitch, and then entirely innocent people who are being ripped from their families for harming nobody whatsoever. I write to him and try and keep his morale up as do a lot of other friends and family. These immigration facilities are no joke, basically a prison where people are detained indefinitely with few rights or priveleges.

I agree that we need immigration laws, but a little common sense needs to be applied as well. Those who have been here for long periods of time who have acclimated and are proven to be no threat, should be allowed fast track to citizenship.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

I only have compassion for immigrants & refugees who have followed the correct & legal procedures to reside in a country. The rest can go back where they came from whatever that hole may be!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
reply to post by phatpackage

"No Compassion" That says it all, my friend. Compassion is lacking severely in this country.

Compassion only comes up in 2 scenarios:

When it comes to spending other peoples money

&

When one doesnt have facts to back them up. He will be deported. Oh well, life isnt fair. If he is unhappy with it, he needs to take it up with his parents. The blame lies squarely on their shoulders.

Since he is an illegal, he doesnt have a social security number. One is required for employment. His solution wouldve been either work under the table, or engage in identity theft by using someone elses SS number.

Not exactly lucrative options.

edit on 24-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

When you get it sorted out there, you should seriously consider contacting your state and federal treasuries and reimbursing the taxpayers for the services you used illegally.

Had you bothered to read my post you would have seen that I was deported. I am currently a productive taxpaying citizen in another country.

I'd like to address people's comments regarding ss cards. I have one which is completely valid and in my full name.
Every member of my family who were illegal have one which is valid and in their full legal names.

Pre 9/11 the US was much less stringent.

When my parents, in the early 80s, came to the the US they immediately got SS cards for the family. No questions were asked ( and this was pre us speaking English, I was still a baby).

I have a full driver's licence. I registered to vote when I was 18, in fact I still get letters regularly to remind me that "American's who live overseas can vote too".

I NEVER used any services I didn't pay for. I worked, paid taxes just like you. I actually worked in a security sensitive field, right outside of one of the biggest air force bases in the US. I actually worked ON Keesler Airforce base whilst in training for my profession. I guess you could say I might owe for the THOUSANDS the US spent to deport me and other members of my family, but they ain't getting a penny from me.

For the people who still insist on crying about anchor babies, there is no such thing. As I have explained time and time again, having a baby will NOT keep you in the US. ( Little sister has two American born children, she got deported anyway). In order for your baby to anchor you it has to be 21 years of age and financially able to support you.

For those posters who say " Why aren't these people going about it the legal way..." The legal way takes years and is prohibitively expensive. Which is the point, keep out the poor and the brown. White, rich folks are welcome.And of course the occasional oil millionaire is also welcome as long as he can he can PAY for it..

The legal way means that someone form El Salvador or Guatamala won't be immigrating legally. Get it? these people come for a better life and yes, they are breaking the law to do it, but can you honestly tell me that YOU wouldn't do the same for your family?

Some of the responses on this thread make me cry. The inhumanity, the selfishness, the greed...pathetic.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Since he is an illegal, he doesnt have a social security number. One is required for employment. His solution would've been either work under the table, or engage in identity theft by using someone elses SS number.

Its VERY likely that he has a SS number which he didn't have to steal. What none of you people seem to realize is that pre 9/11 getting a SS card was as simple as going to an office and applying for one.

I have one, totally legit. Used it for work for many years. My mother has one, my sister has one. Both worked legitimate jobs as I did for many years.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
The legal way takes years and is prohibitively expensive. Which is the point, keep out the poor and the brown.

Nice attempt at turning this into a race issue, but keeping poor people out is common sense.

There is no right to enter the U.S.

Why should we allow the poor to enter our country ? Letting millions of poor people in would result in a net drain on the taxpayer

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join