It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Sighting of Lost Amazon Tribe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

First Sighting of Lost Amazon Tribe

www.thesun.co.uk

The wandering natives - sporting rings in their noses and mouths and using spears and knives to hunt - were tracked to a temporary village built of cane and palm leaves.
Peruvian officials kept their existence at the Kugapakori Nahua Nanti reserve under wraps for a year so the tribe could be secretly studied - but they finally came clean yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Hey all, I just came upon this and thought it was interesting enough to share.

It's great that the authorities kept it under wraps for a year to simply study them. It shows that we've come a long way from our days when we would simply invade, uproot and otherwise decimate a primative culture, either in order to obtain the land or even completely by accident.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thanls for posting this! Things like this are always exciting to learn about and I am hoping to learn more about the culture of the tribe soon!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I saw this in the news the other day...and my first thought was...

How long until they are deprived of there way of life???
The western/developed world has already started giving them things to make there lives easier...fishing rods and such.
These people have lived in peace for hundreds if not thousands of years...and now we come along and interfere.

I hope that im wrong about this....but everytime we find something we destroy it and try and make it something its not.

How long until they have to pay taxes?? or rent???

Westernise them and make them assets....thats what i see happening anyways
edit on 23-11-2010 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
[url=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3240965/First-sighting-of-lost-Amazon-tribe-

Mayta Capac Alatrista, who works with Peru's Indians to preserve their ancient ways, said: "We have a photographic record. "We have even been able to interact with them to see how they go about their daily lives. "We've also been able to bring them some tools that they have used to hunt, to fish and cook."

Isn't that a contradiction?

How is giving them tools preserving their ancient ways?

It seems like just the opposite, giving them tools is disrupting their ancient ways.

Anyway, I find this fascinating. I wonder how many tribes are left in the world still following ancient practices? The number must surely be dwindling, so this is a rare and special treat to find this tribe. I'd like to read more about them than this short article reveals.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I saw this in the news the other day...and my first thought was...

How long until they are deprived of there way of life???
The western/developed world has already started giving them things to make there lives easier...fishing rods and such.
These people have lived in peace for hundreds if not thousands of years...and now we come along and interfere.

I hope that im wrong about this....but everytime we find something we destroy it and try and make it something its not.

How long until they have to pay taxes?? or rent???

Westernise them and make them assets....thats what i see happening anyways
edit on 23-11-2010 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

Once they get a taste of DirecTV in HD, they'll throw their knives and spears in the nearest river and live off of the royalties from the book and movie deal. Don't worry, they'll love it...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I think it was inevitable for them to embrace more modern tools once they started to interact with Western civilization. If you were using stone tools and you saw a steel knife, I'm sure you'd instatntly see the advantage of it and want one.

Think of it this way. If an alien species did visit the Earth and made themselves known, what would be the first thing we would want? Their technology!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Think of it this way. If an alien species did visit the Earth and made themselves known, what would be the first thing we would want? Their technology!

No i think 'we' would want there heads.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Well I was working under the assumption that we're not all blood thirsty maniacs, hell bent on performing vivisections at every possible opportunity.

Maybe I was being a little naive

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm taking bets on who gets to indoctrinate them into a religion first.You can have the Zoroastrians at 100/1 if you want.
Someone needs to go and tell them that walking around with your boobies out is just plain wrong! Free Nike shirts for all!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
I think it was inevitable for them to embrace more modern tools once they started to interact with Western civilization.
Of course they'll want technology, I was just saying that giving them modern technology while claiming to be preserving their ancient ways seems like a contradiction.

If we do give them technology, we're destroying part of our past that survived without it, but if we don't give it to them, we are depriving them of some of the advancements we've made. There are good and bad points to either decision.

At least if we try to give them television, they probably won't have anywhere to plug it in!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I'll put a tenner on Scientology

To be fair though, it looks like they're doing a pretty good job of preserving their way of life and other than studying them and giving them rudimentary tools (probably in trade), they're leaving them be.

new topics

top topics

join