It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Airport Evacuated due to 'bomb' discovery. Missing story?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Norwegian Airport Evacuated due to 'bomb' discovery. Missing story?

news.sky.com

While following the unfolding events of the North/South Korea troubles I was on Sky News website and the story flashed up on breaking news, I've not seen it again so can't provide further official info.
See my comment for more on what I saw.
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: twitter.com... this just appeared, I knew I wasn't imagining it
edit on 23-11-2010 by keepithush because: added further link

Bergen Airport in Norway has been evacuated after security staff find 'what looked like an explosive device' in a bag.
edit on 23-11-2010 by keepithush because: added info

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Please believe me I am 100% positive this flashed up on the Breaking News, then it disappeared and I can't find any further info?

Apparently a 'bomb like' object was discovered at check in at what I am 90% certain was a Norwegian Airport, I straight away wondered how quickly it would be changed to 'was just an exercise' and the convenience of it involving airport security.

Maybe it flashed up too early, let's wait and see.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2010 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Starting to come through now ...

"Norwegian police say one of the country's busiest airports has been evacuated as bomb experts investigate a suspicious bag for possible explosives.

Police spokesman Bjarne Flokenes says the airport in Bergen, Norway's second largest city, closed early Tuesday after security staff scanned the bag and found "what looked like an explosive device." He says the airport has closed and a bomb squad from Oslo is on its way to Bergen. (AP)"

Link

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Sorry for the vagueness and messy beginning to the thread but I was making this thread and it just vanished so I was confused and wondered what was happening.

My point is, wasn't this story happening a week or so back in Germany? then it happened to be 'an exercise' and conveniently timed with TSA shenanigans.
This will be just another excuse to spread the invasive scanners and molestations to further reaches of the world until it comes to a time where you all have to stand naked in a line before you can board the dark plane chained to your seat.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Airport reopened, scare tactic complete.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Still missing parts of the story but this was just released:

Alert Lifted

ALert was called off before the bomb squad arrived.
Probably nothing after all.

new topics

top topics

join