It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Attacks South Korea Yellow Sea Island, South Korea On Highest Non-Wartime Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

North Korea Attacks South Korea Yellow Sea Island, South Korea On Highest Non-Wartime Alert In Response

North Korea Attacks South Korea, Yellow Island

The artillery—more than 50 rounds, according to island residents speaking on YTN—was fired from positions south of the North Korean city of Haeju.

The attack started at 2:34 p.m. local time, according to residents who were speaking on the TV network. There were no immediate reports of injuries.

About 1,200 people live on the island, which is 10 kilometers south of the tip of North Korea's south coast.

The attack is the second by North Korea this year against South Korea in the maritime border area of the Yellow Sea. In March, a North Korean submarine torpedoed and
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-11-2010 by Oozii because: Fixed Link.........

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Video from the attack.

I don't know where things will go on from here. I hope there will be no more casualties, but that's a stretch.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

What part would the United States have in this if things do escalate to something bigger?

South Korea on Highest Non-Wartime Alert

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-11-2010 by Oozii because: Fixed Link.........

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

China is testing US's strength.

I bet the US can't do anything.

This is very much called for because the war is still on, and the sanctions is an instrument of war.

I don't think this is a false flag, what do you guys think?

Let's see what N-Korea says.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Im sorry to break it to you but this thread has been started =( friggin bummer i know im the bearer of bad news

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by thecinic because: (url to first thread)

edit on 23-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

That link is taking me to a reply page

2nd

EDIT: Never mind, you edited it, you could have at least filled in the reason why you edited :-p
edit on 23/11/10 by woogleuk because: Because someone was silly

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

This has been all over the news here in Australia for the last hour or so.

Supposedly 200 shells were fired at homes/people on the island of Yeonpyeong.

The question is... Could this escalate to something worse?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
im sick of these idiots who rule countries like North korea, what gain will they have in fighting another war?? it just causes horrible causalities and innocent deaths. Grow up and see the bigger picture... this is why the human race is doomed unless we can sort out differences and work together for a better world.
Btw: could this be kim jong-ils leaving present before he hands over the reins to his son (im not sure if he has officially yet or not?)

peace... think about it!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

The U.S. has multiple bases in South korea, including one or two right on the border.

Our forces have contingency plans in place for pretty much any kind of North Korean attack. If it gets to the point where American forces have to intervene, it will happen swiftly. When I was in the Air Force I was stationed at Osan AB for a year.

I have an idea of what we would do if that were to happen. It would basically boil down to an old fashioned American beatdown.

Our forces in South korea are well trained in what to do in the case of a biological, chemical, and/or nuclear attack. Not to mention, everything in between. When I was stationed there I recieved better training than I ever recieved at other bases. Our Air Bases and Army posts in South Korea are prepared for any kind of attack you could possibly think of.

The U.S. constantly has aerial reconnaisance over key points in South Korea and we probably have the majority of North Korea monitered by satellites 24/7.

The NK regime is unpredictable and wreckless and this will continue to for the foreseeable future. Because of this, we have to watch them like a hawk.

We don't want to get involved unless we absolutely have to. But if we did, the beating would be relentless and swift.

-ChriS

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
A war that should be fought and we don't respond. We invade an isolated backward, dirt poor wasteland because a few idots got hold of some planes. We invade a country on false pretence of WMD and squander away our National Treasure and American lives for nothing.

Yet when faced with an actualy attack on an ally, sinking of a sub and now direct enemy mortar attacks we stand here in morbid denial of reality. We are and have been at war with North Korea for decades. They have broke the Armistice now twice and we stand here in ignorant denial of fact that we have been mortally challenged, as our ally South Korea absorbs mortar attacks?

What has America become? Where did my country go? We spent billions on tactical Nuclear weapons. We should use them and end the madness in NK. Its cheaper in lives and dollars to simply utterly destroy the NK Military Structure in a single well aimed and defined attack.

The resulting death and devastation from attacking NK military with tactical Nukes would be definitive, and actually reduce the death toll of civilian population of both contries should this become a full scale conventional and chemical (NK) war.

Nuking NK military infrastructure would also drastically reduce the damage to the SK cities and manufacturing base facilities.

We don't need to invade NK just destroy anything that is military in a well planned, well aimed nuclear attack with those Tomohawks armed with tactical strenght nuclear warheads.

If we don't watch how bad it gets. This is not going to end peacefully. Nukes now would save many thousands of our young American soldiers lives as well as the lives of many NK and SK military and civilians.`

X

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I agree...the game is on. This is not just a stand off between NK and SK.
I don't think immobilizing NK would be difficult, even for SK, however if there is intervention from another country - China - then things will really develop and could very well go from bad to worse.

edit on 23-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
"North Korea accused South Korea of firing first. ''The South Korean enemy, despite our repeated warnings, committed reckless military provocations of firing artillery shells into our maritime territory near Yeonpyeong island,'' the military supreme command said."

Blackwater / CIA, maybe, dumped a few arty rounds into the N prompting a response. I'm guessing the MSM will ignore NK alleging they were returning fire... like the media ignored Georgia starting the Russian brawl.

Wonderful.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
How is it a non-wartime alert, when they are at war and have been for some time?
twocifer

top topics

join