It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even after three failed appearences people still believe in Nibiru?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This whole Nibiru thing drives me nuts. I have a friend who keeps claiming that *proof* has been put forward by Nasa and other agencies. I ask him *where* and he just says *online* or gives me shoddy youtube videos.

Dude, I'm tired of hearing about it! I'm certainly not saying there's no mysterious Planet X out there, I'm just saying that NO, you do NOT have any proof and Youtube videos are a dime a dozen. So please, lay off it.

There's more proof that it doesn't exist then anything, but I'll keep my mind open to the possibility at least. I'm just tired of people presenting the same crap as *undeniable proof*.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
lies can travel faster than the truth at times.

i was hoping someone would make a thread and debunk this nibiru/planet x/"home of annunakis" nonsense.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am pretty certain out of the "500 new alien planets" they've discovered (and shared with us) Nibiru is out there somewhere.
The predictions may have been wrong but that doesn't equate to the existence of Nibiru being wrong.

500th Alien Planet Discovered, With Hundreds More to Come

As of today (Nov. 22), the count stands at 502 alien worlds, the database reports.
www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I am pretty certain that out of the "500 new alien planets" 500 of them have been stated to be Nibiru by Nibiru believers. Seriously though, these planets are outside our solar system and lightyears away. Not to mention that none of them can sustain life. So, how can one of these 500 enter Earth's orbit every 3600 years and be populated by god-like beings?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I am pretty certain that out of the "500 new alien planets" 500 of them have been stated to be Nibiru by Nibiru believers. Seriously though, these planets are outside our solar system and lightyears away. Not to mention that none of them can sustain life. So, how can one of these 500 enter Earth's orbit every 3600 years and be populated by god-like beings?

I purposefully mentioned the word: 'sharing' (with us).

C'mon, do you really think the Vatican is ready to give it up just yet?
They ARE starting to baby-feed us though, with the 'alien brothers' and how they want to baptize them. But they are not quite ready to say there's a planet (that belongs to our solar system) that contains alien life.
Listen, they (the Pope) have the biggest observatory on this planet so they know what's what and when it'll be time to say 'uncle'.
I do believe it'll be within the next year or so.

NASA is the government. The government is (in part) the Vatican.
Remember
Govern = Take Over
Mental = Mind

It's all a mind phuck. That's all life is. A control game
It's best to believe in the unbelievable because the believable is unacceptable now a days!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Except if it were in our solar system every amateur astronomer on the planet would have seen it. Even if it were a brown dwarf one would be able to see it lightyears away with a mid-range telescope.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Except if it were in our solar system every amateur astronomer on the planet would have seen it. Even if it were a brown dwarf one would be able to see it lightyears away with a mid-range telescope.

Why? We don't know its potential orbital perimeter (and/or, what if it is behind, in front, besides the Sun as many are claiming? No telescope will be able to see it. I'm not saying that's where I think it is, but I'm also not saying, it's not there either)

We don't even know what's on planet Earth let alone the cosmos.
Come on. I'll believe in ancient texts way before I believe in arrogant modern man.

For they deem a planet a planet then down grade the planet to a dwarf planet and now think they might've been wrong, you think I am gonna trust these same people and their findings ......let alone judgment?

Nibiru exists. It makes too much sense to ignore. In fact, once you embrace the possibly of its existence, a lot of things start falling into place. Like....our own history (that religions have distorted for us) !

edit on 23-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just wana point something out, yes plutos semi-major axis is 39 AU, but its absolute farthest is actually 49 AU, other than that little tidbit i totally agree with you oz, Nibiru is a bunch of bull feces

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Why? Cause you can't see it?
You can't see air and we know that exists.
You can't see God and most believe it exists (not I though).

At least this planet has the potential of showing up sooner or later unlike air and god.

Mine ya, they discovered Pluto while shopping for Nibiru and that was what....90 years ago? Guess what? They're still shopping.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Come on. I'll believe in ancient texts way before I believe in arrogant modern man.

That may be, but do you trust ancient texts from a man who has not actually learned how to read Sumerian? A guy whose interpretations are incorrect according to all other ancient text scholars?

For they deem a planet a planet then down grade the planet to a dwarf planet and now think they might've been wrong, you think I am gonna trust these same people and their findings ......let alone judgment?

Nobody has denied the existence of Pluto, its there. Nibiru has never been found. If it were visible like the people in Rajteans video claim, then it would be visible all across the northern hemisphere, and it would also have already been sighted by amatuer astronomers, as well as proffesional non-government funded astronomers.

Nibiru exists. It makes too much sense to ignore. In fact, once you embrace the possibly of its existence, a lot of things start falling into place. Like....our own history (that religions have distorted for us) !

edit on 23-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

I tried to embrace the theory, but after if failed to appear after 3 prophecies, all by psychics and according to ancient texts, I cant actually take anything like this seriously. There are too many points that point out that it doesnt exist. Care to address the points in my opening post?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The points you're making are theories and speculations.
Bible. How do we know the REAL translation of the Bible and that's, in black and white???
The Bible has so many "WTF" does that mean yet, there's no real translation.

You talk about how Sitchen didn't know Sumerian (I believe he was self taught and figured it out.)
But putting aside that, all the references to the 'gods' that most indigenous ancient cultures had, has to have some merit Remember, they weren't distracted with TV, iPod, cell phone, 9-5 grind etc. They were paying attention to the heavens.
We are so far removed from that notion that we can't possibly fathom what they possibly knew.

You mention in your argument that it's on a 3600 year cycle. First off, we don't know when it was last here. There's no reference point. And I'm sure it's not adjusted to all the fine-tweaking man has done to time (with the Gregorian calendar being implemented then, modern man with his leap years, daylight saving times etc)
Maybe if we were still using a sundial, the stars, the seasons, the Moon etc as a calendar, maybe we'll find 3600 years is no where near where we thought it to be.

But again, we don't have a start-date.
Perhaps the last major cataclysm? What would that be? See? We don't even know!
Then perhaps the last 'leap' of technology? Again, we don't seem to know that either.

But having an advanced planet swing by every few thousands of years would sure help to explain some of the mysteries on this planet though starting with but not limted to: The Great Pyramids. Easter Island. Stonehenge. Asteroid Belt. Extinction of animals/cultures. The great flood etc......

It would further help explain how we got here and the admiration and over abundance of reverence the ancients had to the cosmos too!

I think we're just too busy to see (how things really are) and too arrogant to believe.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I heard about this on Coast to Coast. It gave me a good laugh. I just don't buy it. I'm just waiting for a cult to form around this. One that advocates mass suicides so the followers can go on the giant mother ship. I mean, really.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Rarely jump into anything anymore. However, a year is a year, the time it takes the Earth to complete one full orbit. Any and all divisions of said period are exactly that: Divisions of that period.

Since you appear to believe our forebears spent much time gazing at the sky then surely you can accept that they understood the timeframe. So 3600 "years" equates to 3600 full orbits around the sun.

Sometimes if it quacks like a duck and limps...it's a lame duck.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Okay. Fair enough. But does that still mean exactly 3600? I mean, at midnight on the 3599th day, this planet SHOULD pop by?

C'mon.
I think when we're talking about thousands (whether years or jelly beans) there's some automatic wiggle room allotment.

If we knew the last time it was here, then we can start a count-down.
Sitchen himself didn't think it would be here in his life time. He was right about that. RIP.
Not sure when he said he thought it would make a cameo appearance but I know he never bought into the 2003 or 2012 time line. People wanting and needing to sell books made up that time line and tied it all together.

I don't expect to see it within my life but that's not to say, I am ready for it any time though. This planet NEEDS a good shaken! And hopefully all the cretins will fall off.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Hey weatherman, well id like everyones input on these two videos because paydirt may have just been struck.
It seems nibiru or one of its moons HAS been captured below:

Ohh eM Gee! It's a... it's a... why it's a white dot!!!

Your posts are scaling new heights ratajen!

IRM

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

The points you're making are theories and speculations.

No they are not speculation. The only thing that is speculated is the existence of Nibiru. The science is all correct, and so is the math

You talk about how Sitchen didn't know Sumerian (I believe he was self taught and figured it out.)
But putting aside that, all the references to the 'gods' that most indigenous ancient cultures had, has to have some merit Remember, they weren't distracted with TV, iPod, cell phone, 9-5 grind etc. They were paying attention to the heavens.

But still, they could only observe what they saw with the naked eye. They had nothing to use to confirm or deny their theories. Today we do.

And as I mentioned before, Sitchin is way offf. Numerous ancient text scholars have called him out over his misinterpretation. And why would he start selling information and writing books if he wasnt out to make money?
We are so far removed from that notion that we can't possibly fathom what they possibly knew.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Can't you debunk the dot?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Why do people have to pay for a copy of the Bible?
Same difference.

I am not of the league who thinks it'll arrive anytime soon. I used to though but have since, changed my mind. So why can't it still show up 100 years from now?
There are billions and trillions of stars (let alone planets). This may be eluding even the scholar-ist scholars out there. Pluto was only detected last century.

And sure. You name me ONE person. Anyone. I will Google and prove to you that he/she is considered a fraud. Or liar. Or 'not correct'.

To every Yin there's a Yang. So just because some people aren't on board with Sitchens thesis, doesn't lend credence to go against him.

Give Nibiru time. It'll show up sooner or later. Hell, it can be 400 years away yet. Who knows? It doesn't much matter. Where it is has little or nothing to do with "if' it is.

I further believe there are more planets to our little system anyway. Including a third Sun. I am of the belief Jupiter was once a sister sun to our Sun.

Pretty much, everything that's written? I dispute. Just on principle and knowing the shoddy work historians have done anyway (I was quite the rebel in school!)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Classy move placing people who beleive in Nibiru in the same boat as people who beleive in an afterlife? Quick question though. Who gave you all the anwsers?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks for posting rajaten

Originally posted by rajaten

First off, there is one huge discrepancy on this video

Why did he avoid filming the rest of the sky? Its hard to actually prove or disprove either way, as he didnt show any reference points, and he also showed no other detail in the video that would indicate he is telling the truth. In the description he also claimed there were clouds present in the video, but the footage showed none of those.

The guy is also a huge conspiracy theorist, which is fine. Im not saying he is crazy, but after viewing some of his videos, particularly the one about the "land-o-cane", "the 880kmph solar winds" and his numerous references about chemtrails, Im quite confident that this guy has no clue, about certain sciences. In fact, his land-o-cane one, is something that I can show you on a weather map (its my job to keep and eye on these) almost every day of the year.

I will leave it up to the astronomy guys to judge that video, because for me, its a very poor reference for your side of the argument and with no footage of the rest of the sky, it leaves an invalid conclusion . If you have anything better, please do not hesistate to post it though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join