It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even after three failed appearences people still believe in Nibiru?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

No, they didn't.
They calculated a disturbance in Neptune's orbit, and that lead them to speculate on a good sized planet out past Neptune.
Originally they put it to rest with the discovery of Pluto, however it was two small.
Later missions found that Neptune was slightly smaller than they originally figured, which explained the conflict in their data.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I have nothing to say but that I will star and flag you.

I don't know much about Nibiru since I have never really looked into all that much just here and there when threads have come up on it.

It seems interesting but yesterday I looked at a ton of "Nibiru" pics and they all looked the same, like lens flares and natural phenomena from pictures. I took some pics of my own and got the same effect with my Droid phone as some of these pics where people say it's Nibiru. I used that one site you linked me to for weather phenomena like sun dogs and such. See I used it for something good!

I think the thought of Nibiru is neat and if it were real, it would make me one paranoid person for sure but after reading a bit on it yesterday after I was in a thread I don't know if I believe it. It just seems like it would be highly visible by now and I don't believe in chemtrails being sprayed to cover the sky.. If people saw the sky where I lived they would think that is what was happening but there are about 4 airports around here and tons of planes in the sky all the time.

I also get confused when reading about Nibiru because it seems to have many other meanings depending on whose translation you read. That right there confuses me!

Well.. I guess I did have little to say

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Both and OP and those who disagree with him regarding this "Nibiru" stuff, really make no sense.

I'm sorry but halfway through your post you began to make little to absolute no sense, don't get offended, it's simply true.

The OP attempted to combine far to many words which made no sense in an attempt to prove a point and sound smarter than he actually was.

Try sticking to more simple terms, and you won't have this problem in the future.

Have you read about Nibiru? I did all day yesterday and well it's confusing and literally makes no sense! So maybe that is why you don't understand what he is saying...it's because the whole thing makes no sense and well how do you make sense of something that makes no sense?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I honestly can't wait to see what happens when this 'Doomsday' is avoided. What date will they then set for 'Nibiru' to destroy us all?

"Oh, we read the prophecy wrong! It's in two more weeks!"

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

First off the theory was not confirmed by some astronomer, or anyone affiliated with space observations. It was Zecharia Sitchin, who was a self taught scholar of Sumerian cuneiform. He didnt have a degree, he hadnt been trained in ancient texts and he was clearly out to make money, as was proven by the various books he wrote and sold. So pretty much, Sitchin explained that the Sumerians knew of 12 planets in the solar system (how on earth did they see them all), the last planet being Nibiru, which orbits the sun every 3,600 years.

I think it was suggested the sumerians knew of this "planet" (i use the term loosely, as i don`t buy any of it) due to the beings living there(the Annunaki)and the knowledge these beings gave the sumerians.

I`ll admit, i was a little bit frightened when i first heard about "nibiru", back in 2006. I swallowed all the videos i could find, and i totally bought it. According to several videos, we should have been seeing nibiru with our naked eyes from last december.(i don`t have links to these vids and surprisingly, i can`t find them) It was supposed to be in the sky for everyone to see, so we could run around panicking, waving our arms in the air etc etc...yet its not here.

Also, i`m confused as to what it is we`re supposed to be looking for. Is it a planet, with our long forgotton alien ancestors on? Or is it a brown dwarf star? or is it a planet orbiting this brown dwarf star? Could it be a comet? I`ve heard all 4 possibilites, nobody seems to know which one it is for sure, which pretty much tells you all you need to know about this subject. Its rubbish!

I don`t doubt that TPTB are hiding something, the blacked out google sky is a bit odd, but a planet/moon/star/comet? REALLY? And i do believe in the possibility that our DNA might well have come from another planet (i think the process is known as panspermia) but a planet/moon/star/comet populated with giant humaniods/reptilians that need gold to breathe and have created humanity as a slave race to help them collect their gold? SERIOUSLY???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Who knows if it exists or not but to me it is really funny that this planet was "known" to ancient civilizations. I do think if something was out their we would be able to see it now or at least get a glimpse or hint of another planet roaming around in our neighborhood. Who knows for sure? Maybe it was around a long time ago and now it has left and it is continuing on it's path to wherever?

Personally I think we would see it with a satellite, probe or something else by now. On the other hand maybe it is not being reported, a grand conspiracy of some sort? I really think if it was roaming around somebody would want the credit for finding it to be immortalized in history.

Edit: I am on the fence with this one but some proof of its existence would be cool if it could be produced.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com... Just found this.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Wonderful thread Oz.

I have noticed younger people are subscribing to this. My wife works with teens and she has mentioned to me that she has heard them talking about Niburu. She doesn't inject her thought, but laughs it off. It's funny/sad cause they are educated by a youtube video, and simply digest it as 100% real. I'd love to see a voluntary poll on ATS depicting age groups and beliefs in Niburu.
edit on 23-11-2010 by keepureye2thesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't know whether Nibiru exists or not and, I suspect, that no one on this planet does.

All the threads I've read seem only to argue about lens flares and photographical anomalies. A complete waste of time, unless you are interested in photography.

If Nibiru DOES exist and DOES enter our solar system, I am certain we will know without any doubt and without any arguing over lens flares. And, hopefully, we can even get a good distant WARNING (not a prediction) of it's arrival.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Nope they didnt find anything like that. There were pertubations in the orbit of Neptune which led them to speculate there was a larger body outside of Pluto's orbit. In 2005 they found the planet Eris which is large dwarf planet about 27% larger than Pluto. It also about 3 times further away from the sun than Pluto

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nasa just did find a brown dwarf star

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

(a little too far awat to be our offender in the video's

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
Nasa just did find a brown dwarf star

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

(a little too far awat to be our offender in the video's

Yeah, they have actually found around 4 or 5 of them actually.

None of them are even remotely close to us though

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You are right, it's much more likely the Earth is only 6000 years old and created by a God no one can see.

While Sitchin did indeed go out on a limb (to the point of head scratching) with some of his theories related to the Sumerian texts, the texts speak for themselves and are perhaps the most ancient writings in the world (if you don't count cave paintings). I'll go with difficult translations over, say, complete fiction with evidence that is either non-existent or contradictory to all previous evidence out there, be it Sumerian, Egyptian, Indian, Olmec or otherwise.

Also, just because some over zealous types post a bunch of drivel about seeing Nibiru when clearly they don't and it's not there, that doesn't mean such a planet / system does not exist. It may not even be part of this solar system.
edit on 23-11-2010 by pirhanna because: 1 added paragraph

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I don't know whats going on out there and far be it me to say one way or the other but I have to tell you something is not right.Everyday I look at the sunset and everyday I see loads of contrails streaked across the sun,in fact I haven't seen a clear sunset in quite some time.When I see the sunrise its clear for maybe an hour and low and behold here come the contrails again,so with seeing this day after day it kind of makes me suspicious.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don't believe there is a rogue planet in our solar system headed our way but that doesn't excuse the possibility of it ever happening. I have looked into the Nibiru subject some but I'm not buying into it. The one that intrigues my curiosity is Nemesis rather than Nibiru. The sun having a binary twin that has it's own orbiting planets that at times intermingles with our solar system seems more plausible to me. Although if this was true I don't think it would be anything our generation would have to be concerned of.
After all we are most likely going to be hit by an asteroid way before any wayward planet happens by.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I agree completely with you.

I find it funny (and the reason that I don't come around as often now) that people distrust the government but in this case (and others) turn to that same government as proof for whatever point they are pushing.

Several times in this thread people have mentioned that telescopes and satellites should be able to detect this but haven't.

Tell me, who owns the satellites and biggest telescopes?

Everything else said by government is a lie, but on this they are telling the truth?

Please.

After decades of research the best I can say is maybe/maybe not. Beyond that, strive for consistency perhaps?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If we did have a binary sun, it wouldve been detected easily by now wouldnt it? That is unless its a brown dwarf, which doesnt exactly have the gravitational pull to sustain its own solar system.

As far as we know the closest star to ours is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years away. Anything closer would show up quite a lot brighter in the night sky

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

What about the rest of the world? In some places in Australia we have clear skies almost every day. I havent seen anything amiss in the sky...... and I observe the sky for a living!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Except one wouldn't need a powerful telescope. Based on studies a planet the size of Jupiter would have to be over 400 AUs away to not be detected. This means that it would have to travel over 200 AUs a year in order to be here by 2012. Also, this means that at its farthest distance, it would have to be at least 720,000 AUs away, which is far outside the effect of the Sun's gravity. Now even at 720,000 AUs, it is within a lightyear of Earth, yet amateur astronomers have been able to locate brown dwarves lightyears away. So, explain to me how this "planet" is able to defy the laws of physics as well as being invisible.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It always makes me giggle every time someone posts "HERE IS NOOB-EROO!" and it's always a lens flare... I mean, are people that ignorant to not understand what a lens flare IS?

Like many of the silly make-believe tales told here, it's total bunk. There is no 'Nibiru'. Yet, like the folks that actually think the earth is only 9000 years old, people will continue to believe in it... and report seeing it--or should I say 'lens flares... shadows... Venus.... photoshop.... etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey weatherman, well id like everyones input on these two videos because paydirt may have just been struck.
It seems nibiru or one of its moons HAS been captured below:

It cant be a sun dog because the sun isnt in the sky yet, its not venus,mercury or mars because its too big. Its not the moon because that is in the complete opposite direction. It is not a comet or asteroid because it is perfectly spherical. debunk away..
edit on 23-11-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join