It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even after three failed appearences people still believe in Nibiru?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ok, so apparently a planet that has not been seen (apart from in dodgy youtube videos), has conflicting arguments (its a brown dwarf yet clearly visible as an orange disc in those dodgy videos), and has failed to appear three times in the past according to prophets, 2000, 2003 and 2005, is still believed to be hurtling towards Earth?

Wow people use some logic.

First off the theory was not confirmed by some astronomer, or anyone affiliated with space observations. It was Zecharia Sitchin, who was a self taught scholar of Sumerian cuneiform. He didnt have a degree, he hadnt been trained in ancient texts and he was clearly out to make money, as was proven by the various books he wrote and sold. So pretty much, Sitchin explained that the Sumerians knew of 12 planets in the solar system (how on earth did they see them all), the last planet being Nibiru, which orbits the sun every 3,600 years. He alleges it was home to "god" which came to earth 450,000 years ago,to create ape people through genetic engineering, who would become slaves for them, to dig up gold. And, yes this is seriously what he stated as fact.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on which side of the argument you're on, Sitchin had no idea of what he was reading. Not one of his translations actually matched that of every other ancient text scholar (you know, real ones with years of training and experience), meaning that Sitchin was better at translating than anyone else on Earth, or he was completely wrong. Judging by the fact that unlike all other scholars, Sitchin was untrained...I think I know which end seems more plausible

On the science part, how many Nibiru'ers can actually tell me what the orbit elements of Nibiru are? In fact how many of you can even tell us, without looking it up, what orbit elements are?

Also, judging the fact that Nibiru has a 3600 year orbital period around the sun, and considering the new prophecy makes its new date 2012, it would actually put Nibiru somewhere around Jupiters orbit. Now unless Nibiru is somehow piloted by some type of secret space lizard and capable of hiding perfectly behin the sun as the Earth and Nibiru rotate around it, then we would have been able to see it now.

The argument usually used for that is that Nibiru is a Brown Dwarf star, which is all well and good until you realise that brown dwarfs virtually emit any light at all, and are usually picked up through the x-ray's they emit. And then you get videos such as this (and similar videos showing an object next to the sun):

Now firstly, obviously this cant be Nibiru because its claimed that Nibiru is a brown dwarf, and a brown dwarf doesnt have enough reflectivity to show up like that. Secondly the object would have to be extremely close to be showing up that big on the video.

Secondly, its quite obvious that most of the makers of these videos arent exactly great with a camera as they cant tell the difference between a solar flare or sundog, and an alleged rogue planet hurtling towards us in space.

Of course if there was some rogue planet hurtling towards us, NASA wouldnt tell us......ok, thats all well and good, dont trust the government bla bla bla. But what about the millions of amatuer and non-govenrment affiliated astronomers who watch the skies? These people would kind of know, and would gladly point out if anything was heading towards us, as they have done so often in the past.

Now finally, Im not sure how much of you know about Keplers Law's. Johannes Kepler was a German mathematician and astronomer who discovered three law's which planetary motion abide by.

1. The orbit of every planet is an ellipse with the sun at the focus

Now, because every other planet goes around the sun in this fashion, Nibiru must also, which means it will have to go back and forth twice across 11 over orbital paths in its "assumed" orbit pattern

2. A line joining a planet and the sun sweeps out equal areas during equal intervals of time.

So this means that Nibiru would be moving very slowly when it was out at its furthest point from the sun, and would be absolutely speeding as it got closer. All planets sweep out equal areas in equal time intervals, so Nibiru must behave the same way too

3. The square of the orbital period of a planet is directly proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of its orbit

This is worked out in an equation here

www.2012hoax.org...

The end product showing that at its furthest point Nibiru is 469 AU, out from the sun. Which is absolutely phenomenal considering that Pluto is 39 AU out from the sun. An orbit this big would be unstable. Any slight inteference from any of the larger planets orbits would throw Nibiru out of its own orbit, and possibly out of the solar system. In fact even the orbits of the smaller planets would affect Nibiru, as Nibiru would affect theirs!

So considering all the above, how can people still hold onto the fact that Nibiru will turn up in 2012? At best, its still the most unplausible and outrageous conspiracy theory, (put together and held onto people with no astronomy, mathematics or simple physics knowledge) out here today!

Can anyone seriously disprove the science behind it, or provide concrete evidence (not crappy youtub videos, or google sky being blacked out) that it does exist? If so, please enlighten the rest of us

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
if one thinks its ok for somone to be deluded enough to believe in an afterlife.why would a belief in a non-existant planet be so far fetched....

Maybe in 100 years we'll have niburu "contact centers" where they go to converse about their beliefs? Maybe they will have there own holiday where presents are given.

It really is all or nothing.... seriously... and either way people are gonna die. Some would say its ok as long as it lifts them up and give them hope.... BUT they dont see the day that belief dies... they always ignore the day that belief dies.... the beauty and horror of that day.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The whole thing sounds iffy to me too. S&F.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well, we can only hope they do realise one day

I dont like when people use it as a form of generating prophet though.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Both and OP and those who disagree with him regarding this "Nibiru" stuff, really make no sense.

I'm sorry but halfway through your post you began to make little to absolute no sense, don't get offended, it's simply true.

The OP attempted to combine far to many words which made no sense in an attempt to prove a point and sound smarter than he actually was.

Try sticking to more simple terms, and you won't have this problem in the future.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

I read the entire OP and found it to be utterly lucid, well written, and not at all indicative of somebody trying to exceed their understanding of language and vocabulary. Maybe you misread it?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

i dont want to believe that the thought could be so poisonous as to permanently prevent a person from moving forward. I havent been given much evidence otherwise though. They are so in love with the idea that they would do anything to protect it... and if it decays.... what then? I have seen only horrible things.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Both and OP and those who disagree with him regarding this "Nibiru" stuff, really make no sense.

I'm sorry but halfway through your post you began to make little to absolute no sense, don't get offended, it's simply true.

The OP attempted to combine far to many words which made no sense in an attempt to prove a point and sound smarter than he actually was.

Try sticking to more simple terms, and you won't have this problem in the future.

We make no sense? And nibiru'ers do?

Obviously you arent a man of science are you. And is that seriously your only argument against the thread?

So are you going to challenge what Ive said, or are you hell bent on trolling this thread and attacking my grammatical skills. If you want to do that, then thats fine, but dont be surprised if you're comments are removed for being off topic.

Back on topic now please
edit on 23/11/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It's obvious Oz, when he says you make no sense, it's because you didn't laud niburu as a fact and throw up a video of it placed surreptitiously in CoD MW, peeking out from within a cloud or picked up by SOHO and eating the sun.... *insert screams of terror*

Next time, use words that people won't need to run to google to learn a book for.

Especially when you know the target audience you're posting to

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
It's obvious Oz, when he says you make no sense, it's because you didn't laud niburu as a fact and throw up a video of it placed surreptitiously in CoD MW, peeking out from within a cloud or picked up by SOHO and eating the sun.... *insert screams of terror*

Next time, use words that people won't need to run to google to learn a book for.

Especially when you know the target audience you're posting to

Lol, brilliant mate brilliant

But the message you are actually trying to convey is spot on. If they do not understand how astronomy works, how can they claim that Nibiru actually exists? As I mentioned all ancient text scholars disagree with Sitchins work, and the science against the plausibility of Nibiru makes it almost impossible, for it to exist. Yet its strange that I havent got any challenges to the thread yet (apart from the off topic ones).

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Freaking subaru, that damn planet, don't you think that it would have been obvious by now? What, does this thing have a brain? What does it hide behind other planets when we are looking?

I swear the orbit of this stupid rogue planet is so screwy who knows when it's supposed to get here, it's like the freaking Monty Python planet.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Dear OzWeatherman,

Nice post! Just out of curiosity and to keep the discussion going, didn't some astronomers research our universe and discover some discrepencies and believe that "at some stage" there was another planet near Mars/Jupiter?

I think this may be one of the reasons the Nibiru/Planet X idea has become so strong.

Regards,
T

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!]

They have a new name for it now don't they? Someone called it slackothus or something like that in a recent thread?

It keeps changing this thing, apparently its a brown dwarf, but it can be seen next to the sun, apparently it has wings but sometimes it doesn't, apparently it is only one planet, but sometimes it appears as three, apparently its glowing red, but sometimes its blueish, apparently its meant to come in 2003, but then 2012 and later it will be 2036 and 2090 to come, apparently this and apparently that.

Get a grip people... you don't think the planet Earth would react if there were celestial bodies of said size in our vicinity?

Nibiru is not even a planet. SITCHIN WAS WRONG, YOUR NIBIRU CULT IS A FAIRYTALE GONE MAD.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Not sure I heard that one

Can you provide a link?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Maybe you are referring to the theorized 12th planet which was once believed to be orbiting beyond Neptune.

At the time it was theorized that this planet was the cause of the perturbations seen in Neptune's and Uranus's orbits.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Very well written,
I'm careful to deny things so quickly and thoroughly anymore,
I always end up with that little knock in the head saying, "never say never',
Sometimes we humans get carried away, on both extremes with needing to be 'right' in what we know,
yet how can we be so sure when the best we have is 70/80 total years on a planet that is millions and millions of years old.
I sure wouldnt want any of 'our times' collected data being dismissed in the future as nonsense or myth,
I guess the bottom line is we really never know everything, and anything is possible given the vastness of where we live.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dear Chadwickus,
That's it, thank you for the correction and link. I knew I had read something about a theorised 12th planet somewhere.

To Oz, Chad found what I was talking about, seems I was mistaken about which planets were involved.

Regards,
T

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

not being funny and i can see you have put a lot of work into your thread...but nasa did find it, back in the 80's, so what happened?....did they lose it like they lost that new earth like planet a couple of months ago?

makes u wonder doesnt it?....ooooh we have found a huge planet a brown dwarf....then nothing?

i think not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join