It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yuma flats, sector 16. fact or fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have no idea if it is in the right thread.

I have a friend living in Arizona and he told me there was a nuclear testing area in arizona known as yuma flats in sector 16. Some civilians got radiation poison and became very sick, the government tried to cover it up according to my friend,

I have really no idea what to think of it dont life in the US myself so i though i ask it here on ATS.

This is al the info i have.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Yuma Flats Sector 16, a fictional area in NM was in the movies, The Hills Have Eyes and The Hills Have Eyes 2.

Are you sure he didn't mean Yucca Flats in NV?

There's the Yuma Proving Grounds in AZ. But doesn't look like any nuclear testing there.

www.yuma.army.mil...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Yuma proving grounds is what the person is talking about. It was renamed. Any military base with proving grounds at the end has some sick expirments going on,i would just love to learn about.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hey, I grew up in Yuma.(Moved in early 90's). Yes they do nuclear testing, I have seen mushroom clouds before. They are liscensed by Nuclear Regulatory Commission for testing Depleted Uranium Munitions, and yes they do still do this, at least I know they did up into the early 90's.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yup it looks like they still do a lot of testing there but it is mostly directed at normal munitions over nuclear here's their site if your interested. www.yuma.army.mil... If you click on the Yuma testing facility you can read that they concentrate on pretty much anything related to Ground Combat weapon's systems. Still pretty cool though and obviously they don't advertise everything they do but still interesting.
edit on 3/30/1111 by Golithion because: DOH!

new topics

top topics

join