It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

That has to be the saddest Orwellian type radio broadcast I've heard in a long time....

"The South Korean Puppets" They actually have the nerve to call South Korea a "Puppet"
Meanwhile South Korea Has trade agreements with hundreds of nations around the world, their people are free to move about the globe and post opposing views at anytime they wish of their own Government are more politically and economically freer than North Korea, which relies heavily on Chinese hand me downs, controls their population with an Iron fist, crushes any opposing view with brutality and refuses to allow North Koreans to travel abroad freely.

Interesting perspective.
Thanks for posting
edit on 24-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Where are you located? Just curious. Are you down wind? Poor old man. Sorry for that. Very cold out today in the northa east USA. NH

I am as safe as you my friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This ‘Doesn’t’ look good . . . it ‘Won’t’ take much to ‘Set the ball ROLLING’ . . . the ‘Only’ thing about it, that can be considered ‘Important’, is that SHOULD something ‘Serious’ happen, it will be ‘Short Lived’ . . . on the DOWN side, it ‘Could’ grow ‘Out of Control’, faster than those who are TRYING to control it, can ‘Respond’. Which would mean a LARGE SCALE encounter, which COULD end up going ‘Either Way’ . . . its just TOO BIG a ‘Variable’.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I agree learn from your mistakes. When someone throws a punch you duck.

They throw it again. You kick them in the nuts.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it's safe to change the title of this OP now fires artillery into sea,,, a little misleading,, and it was actually S.Korea doing the firing into the sea part.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm just wondering does anyone know of any research done where potential war scenarios between North and South Korea have occurred?

I saw one site where the poster said that 500,000 shells would rain down on Seoul in the first hour of full-scale conflict. To think that this is over a thousand times as many as landed yesterday shows what damage this could have on the city. Also when the North Koreans sunk the SK's vessel, the BBC predicted that full scale war would involve at least 1 million casualties in the first week WITHOUT nukes being involved!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't believe War is the best way

But its looking incresingly like its the only way with this lunatic in Pyongyang

Really War is always the last option, but there really is no reasoning with this man and North Korea have been pushing it & pushing it as far as i can see coursing all the problems, its clear Kim Jong Ill is seriously mentally unstable with serious anger problems, this man can not be trusted with Nukes END OFF you wouldn't give a gun to a madman you certainly wouldn't give him a Nuke, but its the worlds responsability not just South Koreas & the US

Either carry on down the road of ignoring him & wait till the crazy cat kicks the bucket in hopes the poeple of NKorea see sense & someone not so insane gets into power, then offer an olive brach so to speak, or take him out now & risk WWIII

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That has to be the saddest Orwellian type radio broadcast I've heard in a long time....

"The South Korean Puppets" They actually have the nerve to call South Korea a "Puppet"
Meanwhile South Korea Has trade agreements with hundreds of nations around the world, their people are free to move about the globe and post opposing views at anytime they wish of their own Government are more politically and economically freer than North Korea, which relies heavily on Chinese hand me downs, controls their population with an Iron fist, crushes any opposing view with brutality and refuses to allow North Koreans to travel abroad freely.

Interesting perspective.
Thanks for posting

You do not seem to know what puppet is then,, having trade agreements with everyone is the VERY definition of puppet...and muppet. Say what you want about being controlled, we are just controlled in a different way...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Interesting perspective.
Thanks for posting

You have no idea what your talking about,South korea is a very brutal puppet regime under the occupation of the USA.

The DPRK economy is based on self reliance,china is a major trade partner but the economy is by no means dependent on china,south korea would topple like a house of cards without the support of us and china.

As for opposing views you have obviously not seen how the SK authorities deal with anti government protests,in the DPRK their is no such protests against the government because the government serves the people,any issues can be taken up with a local official and their are measures in place to prevent bureaucracy,ironically it is one of the most democratic nations in the world.

DPRK have no restrictions on traveling abroad as far as i know but flying off for holidays is not the kind of lifestyle koreans live and most couldn't afford it.i know that some travel abroad for certain education or training.

The media has spoon-fed you and everyone else anti-DPRK propaganda and they have been doing so for many years (mostly since the USSR ceased being the main enemy),think for yourself don't let the media or government decide your own opinions,

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

We have no guarantee that Kim Jong Il's son will not be 'touched in the head' like his father.

Kim Il Sung was almost as loony as Kim Jong Il when he turned power over to him.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well there unfortunatly ,, Rule by Divine Right gone bad,, tsk,,tsk,, shame

edit on 24-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
For our amusement...sent to me via twitter..

Sarah Palin: "We must stand side by side with our North Korean allies"...

Bless her

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

Interesting perspective.
Thanks for posting

You do not seem to know what puppet is then,, having trade agreements with everyone is the VERY definition of puppet...and muppet. Say what you want about being controlled, we are just controlled in a different way...

Do you have anything intelligent and informed to add?

having trade agreements with everyone is the VERY definition of puppet...and muppet

This post above is a good example of unintentional trolling...

So China/Russia/USA/Canada/New Zealand/Australia and on and on and on and on and on and on ... they are all puppets, by your deffinition.
I would have someone proof read your posts before you hit the "post" button!

Any small country that recieves support from the US is called a puppet. It is getting out of hand.
I hope we pull all of our troops out of SK...let them sweep Nk on their own..

No matter what move the US does, they will be blamed and or ridiculed for it. Damned if you do damned if you don't!
edit on 11/24/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jrod

Im with you, I cannot believe the lack of coverage on this story. I sat at the Cheescake factory for 1 hour today eating and watching CNN. Not one mention of conflict, just TSA and Dancing with the stars...

Disturbing....

link   

Originally posted by infinite

Bless her

I'd say we should check for blond roots.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
my prayers out to the lost ones and there family in south korea and I hope others countrys can sloved this probelm before we have another korea war

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

reply to post by amurphy245

Juche

The Juche Idea alternately chuch'e (Korean pronunciation: [tɕutɕʰe] approximately "joo-ch'he") Juche is a component of North Korea's political system.[citation needed] Juche literally means "main body" or "subject"; it has also been translated in North Korean sources as "independent stand" and the "spirit of self-reliance".

Juche Has been a disaster since the word GO.
Keep up with your version of reality. The fact Remains that North Korea has to keep running to Beijing for diapers when they run out that and Johnny Walker red and Knock off Raybans when little Kimmy and his Ilk lose theirs.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Bless her

If that's true ?? Is it really going to be that easy to tell the good guys from the bad guys,, ohh God i hope so,, be right back gotta get my white hat lol

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the owners of ATS are behind this attack, this gigantic thread alone has at least doubled their revenue from their ads.
Hopefully nothing else will come from this, although they USS G.Washington steaming to that area right now, isnt a good sign.

Originally posted by infinite For our amusement...sent to me via twitter.. Sarah Palin: "We must stand side by side with our North Korean allies"... Bless her

And you believe everything sent to you on twitter?
edit on 24-11-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Puppet...part of a large organization believing that one has choice to do what they wish...all doing the bids of corporate interest and making product to sell too one another...puppet.

Meanwhile the standard of living drops continously because of this great trade...puppet.

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join