It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The news can easily be manipulated, I don't think any country would be stupid enough to announce there strategy unless they were to get the attention on one place and attack a different place. But this seems to just be disinformation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just breaking...
Obama Vows to Defend South Korea, Calls for Joint Military Exercises

Joint military exercise in the YELLOW SEA... Nov 28 to Dec. 1. With an aircraft carrier.

Remember last time ?

China on Tuesday told the U.S. and South Korean navies to keep out of the Yellow Sea, where it claims exclusivity"

Now they are doing it again. China won't like that at all.

And in october, they just put to sea 2 new anti-aircraft carrier submarines with new AIP technology... invisible to US sonars.

They are some type of Chinese modified LADA class submarines.... perfect to sink aircraft carriers.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Well since you fail to read the other posts, I guess I have to repeat myself once more. I never said I was okay with this action, If it were my choice, I would have all the troops back home from everywhere. But I am simply stating that due to the certain circumstances of our troops being there, yes they have to respond. I will mention again, it is due to our certain circumstances. Cir-cum-stan-ces.

And by you referring that I have no understanding of the situation, which means you do? Then please tell me, since our soldiers are there, if they happened to be killed through this charade, America would simply have to ignore this and not worry with a response?

You are saying they "have to" respond, and I am suggesting to you that, they do not "have to" and they will not respond. We will do what we always do, have another round of talks and perhaps increase sanctions, or perhaps boost the food aid.

Not until there is a large scale attack on multiple fronts at once, coupled with actual invasion, will we "have to" respond.

Read this before you get back to me. It will really help you out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1

Your the one claiming we managed to kill north korean citizens and it wasn't north koreas fault, nope it was ours.
Golly, get back on topic and stop spouting you pro communist, anti american, pro holy war comments. No one, I repeat no one wants to have to filter through you comments on a south korean and north korean problem and not a US vs china.

What the crap? Where did I claim any of this?

Go read what the MARINE CORPS has to say about the situation, Mr. "Future Marine" and then you won't have to rely on blind patriotism for your intelligence information and geopolitical analysis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems like you have a comprehension problem, and additionally calling me a communist is laughable and retarded. I am a patriotic American, but the difference between you and I is that I give a damn if our soldiers, or civilians on either side, are killed for NOTHING.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004

Are you really going to post that so many times just to get your post count up? I've read it, I know all about it, As I even mentioned in this post, since you cannot read once again! Gah you are starting to become really annoying.

I am saying that we could win an all out war, due to the publicity of every single war, America has to take very sensitive measures. We can't just go to afghan and those other places and say yee haw, lets blow this place up and be done with it. We would make more enemies. Those wars was lost before they even started because it was a rouge group with disinformation scattered everywhere. I was saying if a war due to nuclear concerns, as I even mentioned. If North Korea fired a nuke, the place would be nothing but ashes minutes later.

It's clear from your posts that you have not read the Area Report for North Korea, or you wouldn't spout such flagrant untruths.

You don't need to lie to me buddy.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
One anti-US face which is under cover, hence the ISI, and its armed wing, hence the Pakistani militants.
One Pro-US face which is in the open, hence the government, and its armed wing, hence the Pakistani military.

star 4 u
looks like we are in agreement.
and ur assessment is spot on again

and let's not forget, the ISI payment of
$100,000 to lead hijacker on 9/11.

Kinda sheds new light on the situation
of allegiance.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You are simply referring that I am talking about military action, here. let me give you some information to.

re·spond (r-spnd) v. re·spond·ed, re·spond·ing, re·sponds v.intr.
1. To make a reply; answer. See Synonyms at answer.
2. To act in return or in answer.
3. To react positively or favorably: The patient has responded rapidly to the treatment.
v.tr. To give as a reply; answer. n. Architecture A pilaster or half-pier engaged to a wall and carrying one end of an arch or groin, often at the end of an arcade.

I am by no means stating that they should respond with military intentions, but by the means of responding I was referring to is what they did. "The talk from the white house" Whether you like it or not, that was a response. Think before posting?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Sorry ats folks for hijacking this thread..

I am not surprised. I think allot of the people here especially the ones rambling on about how smart they are with that egotistical smirks resembles inexperience. Allot of the comments being spammed by the spammers ala trolls have allot of adjectives and emotional words in their opinionated comments. With anything that has to do with numbers if you do not use the proper equations it always leads to chaotic formations just as in this scenario. Just the sheer lack of information for most about this story arises that turmoil within themselves which theirfore contemplates many opinions most hold no real ground or substance for that matter it is filled with fear ridden words. Just being an observer tells me most people alive right now would not survive hard times, just observing words on ats proves this theory to me. Most people don't take this story serious, or most people take it to the fearful extreme, yet fail nor want to grasp the severity of the situation here. Now as far as spooks hanging out on ats spamming the board with misinformation, well I am not sure about that, I don't think the feds really need to invest much in informational chaos on a message board. Just look at ats. I will say this thou, ats will never have a face you can recognize, its constantly changing and not in a good way, it can never and I mean ever decide on whether it wants to smile or frown. It used to be a excellent place for information now well now its this. Oh btw I want my ignore button back!!
edit on 23-11-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

edit on 23-11-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
South Korea is EVACUATING the island and where else near the border?

South Korea has now ordered the evacuation of the islands near the border with the North.

This could be preparation for a massive counter attack by South Korea... or just precautions.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Just breaking...

Joint military exercise in the YELLOW SEA... Nov 28 to Dec. 1. With an aircraft carrier.

Remember last time ?

China on Tuesday told the U.S. and South Korean navies to keep out of the Yellow Sea, where it claims exclusivity"

Now they are doing it again. China won't like that at all.

And in october, they just put to sea 2 new anti-aircraft carrier submarines with new AIP technology... invisible to US sonars.

They are some type of Chinese modified LADA class submarines.... perfect to sink aircraft carriers.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

This could lead China into a straw that broke the camel's back situation in the future, if they are continually provoked like this. Just like it did with South Korea. Now many of you might say they are relying on the US for their economic survival, so what I am saying is BS...

I say, the reliance seems to be fading everyday. I hear talk of them dumping the US as their reserve currency. I know they have downgraded the our credit rating. Not to mention their economy is booming and becoming more self-reliant every day. I think they will be eventually so pissed off, so they will get to a point where they say, you know what... We can survive the collapse of the US, even if we have to face a great depression, the world and our communist goals will be in better shape without them.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Well if we call them out one by one they will eventually tuck tail.

It becomes obvious that their training isn't nearly deep enough to stand up next to somebody who has actually studied the situation. They are trained like sheepdogs, to herd sheep. They don't know what the hell to do when confronted by a wolf.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Pakistan is allied with the US on the war against terror

incorrect
PAK allegiance is with PAK ONLY.
PAK only allows the US to bomb
tribal areas cuz the US pays them
lots of money to do so.

PAK can be bought
and it has been

note the latest border shutdown
and the supply convoys got torched.
When the US paid up, attacks completely
stopped and the border re-opened.

Money bears no allegiance to a flag.

Thats just the cover story to keep people happy, PAK is playing a few hands for obvious reasons

But most importatly pakistan has to do something about it, otherwise they may end up losing control of there country, it is very much in there intrest to allow the US cash free to help them assist/stop the spread of taliban influences on its people in the north, otherwise they may end up with a civil war on there hands in future its more of a mutual agrement doesn't necessarily mean they like each other but they sure could use them right now, the country is on its knees & the taliban are in control of there northern tribel regions and spreading like wildfire,

The taliban are seriously out gunned in afghanistan this is their only semi safe haven left

Pakistan is playing both sides no question but i doubt there is any money exchanging hands to bomb a mutual enemy maybe on intel

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
[more

Thank you and might I add, there is an Oriental saying, " What you see is not all there is to know."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Just breaking...

this is NOT good for the world in general.
In a football game, this would be an equivalent
of a flagrant face masking penalty of 15 yards.
This is pure incitement. They are invoking a
response from North Korea. They want NK
to attack them. Problem is .... they will be
invoking China at the same time.

I would suggest stocking up on food and supplies
right about now. This will not have a happy ending.
The US and SK just moved into "Check".

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
SK are now slaves to the currency, they would rather protect their monetary ways than go GUN HO
I don't think SK have the ability to strategically do any harm to NK other than economically.
I think I saw on the news last week here (In China) how SK was celebrating an event for defectors saying they now have over 20,000 defectors from NK. And are SOON looking forward to the 'reunification of Korea'.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
People, you think China cares about the US? Or South Korea? Ah!

North Korea signs economic agreement with ally China, amid skirmish in South (Reuters)

They are quietly signing an economic treaty with NKorea while NKorea is bombing South Korea! You think they gonna get HARD against NKorea? GET A CLUE.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Let that worry about itself..

Cannot change fate.. As ugly as it appears. Its just weird for me seeing it and understanding how it can correlate into the not to distant future.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Time for some homework: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The report you SO like to spam is actually a pretty mixed bag. Yes, the North has a massive amount of manpower - but they're equipped with mostly ancient weaponry (which they likely don't have spare parts to maintain) which is severely lacking in important areas like targeting and accuracy. And their troops could be in even worse state than their equipment seeing as they probably only get a slice of bread and a cup of water once a week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they could be easily beaten......but it's the "quality not the quantity" and all that.

Plus, I did some of the homework - do I get a gold star?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
www.calgaryherald.com...

170 SHELLS?

not 2 or 5...

one hundred and seventy!?

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join