It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Who are these " Dogs " please - sorry I am a little lost or not quite understanding here and would truly appreciate a explanation.

Also where Is the country of Islam? I thought Islam was simply a religion and the people of that religion were the same as any - many people of different nationalitys. But when I see stop racism - I realise you may be right about our education system and was just wishing to look Into the actual land of Islam please.

Thanks In advance!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Russia and China dumping the US dollar for bilateral trade is one big first step towards dumping the US dollar completly...

And this happening THE DAY AFTER North Korea does this? Yeah total coincidence...

And if you thought that Russia and China weren't hardcore...
Medvedev : China, Russia ties sealed by blood

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev (picture) arrived in north-eastern China for an official visit yesterday saying that Moscow's ties with Beijing were "sealed by blood" spilled fighting a common enemy.

Mr Medvedev kicked off his three-day visit by visiting the former Russian city of Dalian and paying respects to Russian soldiers who died defending the port from Japanese invaders.

They still remember what Japan has done.

EDIT: Seems the story was deleted...
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   
What really should be happening here is a bombardment of the installations that precipitated the attack; all those installations should have, in normal circumstances, been completely and utterly destroyed. The North would then have a realistic expectation of the outcome of this behavior when considering future provocative actions. We should not treat them like a spoiled child of inept parents and simply say bad Kimmy ... bad! I realize, believe me, the implications of punishing this childish behavior but can we really afford to let this spoiled child attain .44 Mag in place of his cap-gun.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
China is arming... fast. And it's causing problems... reducing US military options.

Sale Of Russian Fighters To China Undermines Gates Decision On F-22

China has acquired advanced air superiority and strike aircraft from Russia while simultaneously focusing on domestic production of ever-better aircraft.

"Today many, but not all, of China's fighters can fire beyond-visual-range missiles." The report goes on to warn about the growth of China’s air defense capabilities. China now has "one of the world's best ground-based air defense networks” and, “would pose a difficult challenge for even the most modern air forces in the region.”

Had Secretary Gates decided to go with the Air Force’s proposal to acquire some 332 F-22s the situation today would be very different. Without an adequate F-22 fleet, the F-35 became the defense department’s most important modernization program.

Reducing US military options if Korea were to go to war... and certainly upping US fighters getting shot down by a lot. Just imagine if the US had hundreds of F-22 right now instead of a dozen F-35s? Yeah.

It's in Russian... :
China requests AL-117S engine, S-400 system from Russia

But the export of S-400 systems is only possible after 2017, because of production limits, and because they have to enter service with Russia first.

S-400s can shoot down any US airplane and US cruise missiles and US ballistic missiles...that we know of.

Um year if the S400 hits its target...it has a very large signature. They are also harder to hide because they are so large and make it easier for the enemy to detect and destroy the launching system. The pac3 with or without its upgrades is a much better system. It's a hit to kill system with a very very low signature. Not easily detectable and easy to transport without detection.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormflower007

I'm talking about the governments of those nations, who have no sense of humanity.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
And now comes the condescending remarks. Ignore it Marine.

I bet as your life drags on you are getting used to the condescending remarks.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by RizeorDie

Russia and China dumping the US dollar for bilateral trade is one big first step towards dumping the US dollar completly...

And this happening THE DAY AFTER North Korea does this? Yeah total coincidence...

And if you thought that Russia and China weren't hardcore...
Medvedev : China, Russia ties sealed by blood

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev (picture) arrived in north-eastern China for an official visit yesterday saying that Moscow's ties with Beijing were "sealed by blood" spilled fighting a common enemy.

Mr Medvedev kicked off his three-day visit by visiting the former Russian city of Dalian and paying respects to Russian soldiers who died defending the port from Japanese invaders.

They still remember what Japan has done.

EDIT: Seems the story was deleted...

They didn't just use the U.S dollar to trade...they are dumping other currencies as well. It probably makes more sense for them anyways...who really cares? Why is EVERYTHING on this site a conspiracy to the fall of some country? It's another day and I'm still here after about 3 million failed doom and gloom predictions on this site.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here's an interesting news which backs up my claim regarding China wanting to test US strength to base its policies on:

North Korea testing Obama

Sooooo

What do you guys think?

Meanwhile, the concern shown by America's traditional allies in Asia and in the Middle East is growing in the face of the weakness and helplessness displayed by Washington in respect to Pyongyang's provocations.

I said this throughout this thread, but people said, I'm a troll lol..

US is weak, China is testing US, yesterday China and Russia finalized a deal to trade without dollar:

China, Russia quit dollar

St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Coincidence?

I was right.

but

I was a troll

edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

Required? No country should be required to put their young men and women in harms way when our country is not directly attacked. Our foreign policy has stationed troops all over the world! We're making ourselves targets by getting in the middle of regional conflicts. We're defending countries that have the capabilities and technology to defend themselves. The term "allies" is used by this country to justify war in areas where our country wants increased influence and assets in the region. Since the Korean war, South Korea had plenty of time to build up their military forces, and infuse their military with American military technology. Our troops should have been pulled from that country a long time ago. So we are sitting on a powder keg because we have troops stationed in South Korea? We send billions to our "ally" Israel, yet they can defend themselves! How much of America's son's and daughter's blood has to be spilled for the sake of "defending our allies?" We create our own conflicts and enemies. Nobody is holding a gun to our heads and telling us we need to get involved. Our government has decided to use our son's and daughter's to do their bidding, and yet we still continue to sacrifice our own flesh and blood for so called "national security". Ron Paul has it right when he says all our troop around the world should be brought home. It's time we take care of ourselves and stop trying to push our way of life on other countries. If their are injustices happening in these countries, it's up to the people of that country to force the change, not us. It's the only way a country will become stable, when it's own citizens rise up and declare change.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by peter_kandra

I must have been sleeping in history class that day back in 1984 during World History class

So Russia and China being permanent members of the Security Council is just for show?
I've seen you butt heads with lots of other members in this thread as well as others. Since you seem to have all the answers, how would you propose we solve the SK/NK issue as well as all the worlds other problems?

Are you suggesting Russia and China are not DOGS?

Russia was heavily involved in the cold war, the UN saved us from a nuclear holocaust, that is the only thing it is good for.

Do you think the world can sanction US/Russia/China... and other DOGS who are playing with little countries for their own interests? Risking millions of lives, literally millions in the process>?

What is the solution to N and S?

The eviction of US military bases.

That way N and S can work towards a peace treaty.

I for one believe the US is the only obstacle to peace:

U.S., South Korea Reject North's Peace Treaty Demand

and I for one believe sanction is an act of war, if US and its proxy state wants war, then it shouldn't play the victim when it is attacked.

I'm not suggesting that any country is perfect, although I'm sure you would say what ever country you believe in is.
Are you saying the eviction of US military bases in South Korea is the only solution to the problem?
Wow, what a deterent we must be if our bases are keeping North Korea away from the bargaining table.
The US has more than indicated we'd be willing to talk about lifting the sanctions provided that NK return to the table for the six-party nuclear talks talks.

I'll call your bluff about your 2015 US collapse prediction and I also have the balls to post where I'm from and not post in location anonymity.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This is evolution in action. I believe the U.S. will lose this war. The only reason we won against Saddam several times is because we put Saddam in power and knew everything about him. I hate to admit this I hope this country loses. The United States government and people feel they are unbreakable. Looks like Vietnam changed that!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyrebelyell2004
But what we do have is:

1. One of the highest skilled military, if not the highest of all [very high accuracy of each shot fired].
2. "Spec Ops & Black Op" teams as well as the inside CIA agents for inside information of current activities.
3. The highest defense budget of the entire world.
4. NATO[Of which united states is a major part of]
5. Nuclear capability stronger than any other nation. [North Korea fires 1 nuke? In return they will be hit by 20 if necessary]
6. And as we all know, the U.S. has many, many advanced things that only a few people know about.

Okay. This is a nice example of how to underestimate the enemy. Let's face it, the U.S. can't win a single war normally since WW2, regardless they have the best technology on this planet.

Korean War? Lost.
Vietnam War? Lost.
Iraq? Lost
Afghanistan? Lost.

And all of these were high-tech wars. So please tell me that these elements, what you mentioned really mean anything in war, if simple cavemans in Iraq and Afghanistan are capable to force the U.S. to withdraw? Same goes for the low tech VC in Vietnam. So if you believe the U.S. is capable to defeat the North Koreans, you're dead wrong. The NK would fight on it's own territory and they rather sacrifice themselves then surrender. The casualty rate would be 10+ to 1, that's true, but the U.S. would go bankrupt... again and would retreat... again.

And one thing: no one can win wars from the air, yet the U.S. strikes are mostly based on air units to avoid high number of casualties.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by oozyism

DOGS?

What does that stand for?

Or are you being a tad racist?

DOGS, they have no sense of humanity.

Just ask their victims

May I ask what Country you live In oozy as you hate USA, Russia, China, UK, Australia and so far every single western country that has been mentioned In any thread you try to provoke people and when you succeed get them warned.

I just wonder what Country you actually live In since you call them all Dogs, clearly It could not be any of these countrys surely and If we know your country we may take vastly less Insult then presently and have more understanding of your views.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
reply to post by NeverApologize

Well I think its about time you use those stealth bombers on his nuclear power and centrifuge plants,these have been developed purely with the intention of creating a nuclear arsenal,what North Korea has not got yet is sophisticated rocketry to deliver warheads accurately or that can hit the US yet but Im sure they're working on it so you might want to take out their rocket factories also.

The reason the U.S. hasn't bombed NK nuke facilities is because the second after the bombs fell NK would pull the chain on every artillery piece they have and level Seoul! Not something the U.S. wants.

Also there is the international backlash. every country always wants the U.S. to do something to save the world but yet every time we do, do something everyone pisses and moans about it!

But have no fear if this escalates and i do mean IF don't worry your pretty little head because Obama will have no choice in the matter but to enter the war. after all the U.S. is technically still at war with NK as is SK and the U.S. has several defense treaties with SK as well that legally Obama will have to abide by. And technically any attack on SK is an attack on the U.S. because of those defense treaties! And if this actually goes to a shooting war we all will see what a real war is like to fight. fighting NK is not going to be easy. even for the U.S. even with all our advanced tech. And as for China. I doubt they will aid the north. they only intervened in the 50's because the U.S. was within miles of China's borders and Mac Arther didn't want to stop his advance. he wanted to continue on through China!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Nukes from bombers and subs is all it would take. The bombers would blind NK then the Trident missiles would wipe them out. Missiles have no need to fly over another nation when they will only have a fifteen minute flight time from the ocean.

You realize that S. Korea and Japan are only a few miles away from N. Korea right. . ? So you are proposing saving S. Korea by setting off nukes that will kill S Koreans too. . /boggle/

That's kind of like cutting off a foot because of an ingrown toenail.

Sorry, i'll let you get back to your macho play-fantasies, carry on.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why do you guys believe China is interested in war?
NK wants war because it is in big trouble economically and politically,
The hegemony wants war because it is declining, only war can keep its power.
China, on the contrary, is rising, time is on China's side. just keep growth peacefully,
China will finally reach its goal to be NO.1 in the world,
war is unnecessary for China.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

6 party nuclear talks is just stupid and has no purpose, if there is no peace treaty, there is war, don't play victim.

N-Korea has every right to have nuclear bombs to deter the US threat, it has managed that successfully, and I commend them for that.

Yes, US military presence in South Korea is a great obstacle for peace, and US reluctance to pursue a peace treaty is also a huge obstacle.

This is not about South Korea, the US is S-Korea's Ayatollah..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormflower007

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by oozyism

DOGS?

What does that stand for?

Or are you being a tad racist?

DOGS, they have no sense of humanity.

Just ask their victims

May I ask what Country you live In oozy as you hate USA, Russia, China, UK, Australia and so far every single western country that has been mentioned In any thread you try to provoke people and when you succeed get them warned.

I just wonder what Country you actually live In since you call them all Dogs, clearly It could not be any of these countrys surely and If we know your country we may take vastly less Insult then presently and have more understanding of your views.

i think oozy once said he was from one of the stan ( Afghanistan, Pakistan) countries i don't remember which one exactly. But for as much as he hates the U.S. russia, china, etc. he sure doesn't mind living in the western world and enjoying every thing we do.
edit on 11/23/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormflower007

Start reading my comments from the previous page to gain perspective regarding the comment DOGS.

I'm sure it will help you what I'm talking about.

I'm obviously not talking about every Western state. Please read from the previous page.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join