It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by stefplz

"South Korean President Lee Myung-bak called the incident "an invasion of South Korean territory", and warned that future provocations could be met with "enormous retaliation", including missile strikes on North Korean positions."

Sorry ,,,but that's the one that made me go Peter Parker. I think they may have had too actually stop him from going ape#,
edit on 23-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

South Korea won't do a damn thing, and you can bet your ass on that one.

The reason why they will not is because they don't have our permission. Aside from that, if they do retaliate, they have no idea what the counter-reaction by NK will be.

You can bet that unless Seoul is evacuated, the South will do nothing whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

Thank you Control!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

For those who don't understand i appoligize in advance,,, so the next time the missle/shells contain gas or something ,just another opps sorry ??/
A child who gets away with it everytime is only gonna grow up to be a spoiled kid with big toys.

I can't understand that, they killed how many south koreans now? whats the count up too now?
There an allie and that too me is the most dangerous part, cause if u don't have any allie left in the junk yard,, yer ass is grass,, u don't thing spoiled child dosent see this?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
It's on CNN now and Obama is reacting on ABC news!!

I heard that he was being "interviewed" by Barbra Walters..
This is being reported by fox news.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
South Korea won't do a damn thing, and you can bet your ass on that one.

The reason why they will not is because they don't have our permission. Aside from that, if they do retaliate, they have no idea what the counter-reaction by NK will be.

You can bet that unless Seoul is evacuated, the South will do nothing whatsoever.

This is absolutely correct. Only a madman would place millions of civilians at risk by provoking N. Korea. without making the necessary preparations first. The evacuation of Seoul would most definitely trigger an all out assault from the North. It's pretty much lose-lose for South Korea to provoke further hostilities. N. Korea has thousands of artillery pieces within range of Seoul. An attack would look a lot like what we saw in WWII with the firebombing of Japan.

Hell on earth.
edit on 11/23/2010 by clay2 baraka because: accuracy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So I've slept a few hours... yay the world is still there.

I've thought about it... and the only way North Korea can be solved without WW3 is if the Baedku volcano erupts in a major way.

North Koreans will be forced to either evacuate... or die... So if we really have technology that can affect earthquakes... what about we use them on that volcano so it starts?

Anyway...

Another piece of news... really interesting.

# 15:29
North Korea signs economic agreement with ally China, amid skirmish in South (Reuters)

Yes, China really cares about peace/nuclear talks...
China loves North Korea and this is just another proof that NKorea is their puppet state.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Let South Korea and Japan take care of North Korea. I'm sick of the U.S. always thinking they have to rescue countries that are having conflicts with their neighbors. Too much saber rattling every time we here about Iran and North Korea. If countries can learn to mind their own business and stop pointing fingers, maybe the world will be a better place. These countries can start taking care of themselves. To much bull*t going on with the powers that be.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

The united states is required to respond! They have many bases over in RoK and over 25,000 some troops. We are allies with RoK if you have forgotten. If they strike South Korea in a major conflict of which kills U.S troops, do you think we should let that go? America can hold it's own if something big happened.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You know, Kim Jon Fat, the world has had about enough of your nonsense. A child, running a country. Who will end up like Hitler when his enemies descend on him....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Poor little kimme. Nothing to see here kids, he is just a little tyrant who thinks he is a powerful leader. You know, i think he needs a spanking. Maybe the U.N will go in there and give Kimme a good spanking. It's time the bully on the playground gets put in time out. One good smack and he will go home crying to momma.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Typical, the NK spoiled brats pick a fight and run to hide behind their big Chinese buddy.

NK is simply trying to leverage a better position ahead of possible 6 party talks. Same old game new day.

The US would be wise to pull back from this and other conflicts to prepare for what is coming at home.

There is an enemy lurking in the shadows waiting to strike and leave the US with no nation to retaliate against.

The US economy will be hit by a death blow and it will be so powerful that even the Chinese will feel pain from it.

This isn't a good time for the US to be playing the role of a global super-power.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The administration's criticism of North Korea was seconded in statements by both Democrats and Republicans in Congress, a rare display of bipartisanship that comes just weeks after a rancorous midterm election that left Republicans in control of the House of Representatives.
The incoming Speaker of the House, John Boehner, R-Ohio, said: "North Korea is an unstable aggressive regime and I join the president in condemning its hostile action today."

Obama:

"It’s an outrageous act. The President thinks that North Korea is not living up to their obligations and they ought to live up to the obligations that are signed in the armistice agreement and international law."

nationaljournal.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Typical, the NK spoiled brats pick a fight and run to hide behind their big Chinese buddy.

NK is simply trying to leverage a better position ahead of possible 6 party talks. Same old game new day.

The US would be wise to pull back from this and other conflicts to prepare for what is coming at home.

There is an enemy lurking in the shadows waiting to strike and leave the US with no nation to retaliate against.

The US economy will be hit by a death blow and it will be so powerful that even the Chinese will feel pain from it.

This isn't a good time for the US to be playing the role of a global super-power.

What , i'm confused here. I could swear , you just threatened the U.S.A. SECURITY.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but if you feel like rocking some doom and gloom predictions (I don't but I like to be entertained) this is out of another thread mentioning the Bible Code and predicted upcoming attacks over Thanksgiving and following eruption of chaos and gloom

Bible Code Thanksgiving Feast, I love Turkey and Taters

Pressure to act quickly rises with each attack. Pentagon leaders determine incorrectly - that North Korea is behind the attacks, and - unwisely - launch nuclear missiles at Pyongyang. The missiles cross over Russian, Chinese and Japanese airspace, causing each of these industrialized nations to believe they're under attack.

Could make a movie out of this #

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

I didn't make the threats, and the US government knows who has. It is not top secret info either.

The problem is they have failed again to take it seriously... Opting for better security measures at airports has been their response to the threat.

Enjoy these distractions while they last.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by Wowsers

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
If all out war started, and the US became involved, conventional warfare would be insufficient as NK has the third largest standing army in the world and more conventional missles than anyone ie: short of nuking Pyongyang, the US, as currently deployed, would lose a war against North Korea.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)
Sorry to rain on your parade, but N. Korea would not stand a chance in a showdown with the U.S. and if you believe China would step in the event of a war being constantly provoked by N. Korea, your wrong. China has more to gain by being a partner to the U.S. than propping up a beligerant regime who is constantly causing Beijing one headache after another. There is now way North Korea could even stand the test of Americas 5th generation aircraft, battle tanks, submarines, air-craft carriers, ICBM's and other resources such as the South would be able to provide in the event of further provocations by the North. I believe the South done the right thing by considering any more such acts would treated as an invasion of the South and further provocations would result in an enormous retaliatory strikes from the South. I believe this would be a MAJOR mistake for the North to understand the cards are not a winning hand they are playing in this case, unlike when they could get the blame america firsters to blame them for the Souths ship sinking in March as being a ploy by America to the Chinese where in this case the evidence is overwhleming. Best Idea would be for the North to stop there self-destructive actions and the South is doing the right thing by showing their cards by their tone and show of force. Thats the only voice the North seems to understand.

Sounds like you need to do a little reading.

Start here, the US Marine Corps Area Report on North Korea.

They don't seem to share your carefree attitude.

www.fas.org...

Look above for my homework post. You will change your tune if you read what I linked to. If you don't believe it, take it up with the Marines.

Yes, yes, you've posted this about a dozen times (I actually did download the FAS report and started reading it). It seems like the analysts and think tanks and covert surveilance has provided useful and in-depth info. I would think it's the job of our military war planners to come up with plans to overcome these obstacles. Do you not think they've done that? Are you privy to all the possible black weapons systems we may possess or tactics we'd employ? I certainly wish I was, but I'm not. What I am though is fully confident in the ability of our military to handle whatever situation arises, though hopefully that won't be necessary.

link   
Well if lil Kim thinks he can pull a stunt like this again be my guest. The orders have already been handed out to air force pilots. If NK shoots one more shell at the south the orders are there to bomb NK missile bases and see how they react. My bet is the South is getting ready for all out war right now. The U.S. is probably fueling the bombers as we speak and redirecting a task force or five there.

link   
Still nothing new.

The suspense is killing me.
On a more serious note if north korea just gets away with this, how would the family of the two dead marines feel. Im guessing betrayed, its as if the now 48 (46 from warship downing and 2 from artillery) murdered solders mean nothing. Prayers going out to the victims of the north koreans both civilians (including north korean civilians) and South korean soldiers.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

How do you think N-Koreans feel regarding the sanctions? Which only hurts them? Tell us that please, sanction is an act of war, when there is sanctions, there is war. It doesn't matter whether you kill people with bombs, or starvation. It is war.

US and N-Korea is still officially at war, if they want such attacks to stop, US needs to pursue a peace treaty. N-Korea has already called for a peace treaty many times now.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Nukes from bombers and subs is all it would take. The bombers would blind NK then the Trident missiles would wipe them out. Missiles have no need to fly over another nation when they will only have a fifteen minute flight time from the ocean.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join