It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

you talk as though only north korea has prepared. The south has prepared just as much, I mean they are in range of artillery strikes.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yep, military drill, you're right. I sure hope that you're right. Doesn't really stop the Northern folk from being "compulsive" unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Adeline

tit for tat??? lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33

I was curious as to what agenda the Murdock owned Sky News might have in regards to reporting that. Makes you scratch the ol' noodle until its raw and bloody.

Yeah, no kidding. I feel as if my thought processes have hit a brick wall.

Maybe they did it to increase their journalistic integrity? Hell, you never know.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Only update I can find on the BBC news website is the tagline.

It's changed to "Global Alarm over N.Korea attack".

No new posts though, BBC news is too busy commenting on the upcoming royal wedding

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OK kids, time to go beddy bye, the show is over. nighty nite.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's on CNN now and Obama is reacting on ABC news!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1

you talk as though only north korea has prepared. The south has prepared just as much, I mean they are in range of artillery strikes.

Where did I ever say that?

Also, what preparations have been made in Seoul against attack by North Korea? I do know they maintain shelters in case of attack, but their biggest city is within visual distance of the border, while Pyongyang is substantially removed.

A good runner can go from the border to Seoul in an hour. It would take a day or two to move a footsoldier to Pyongyang.

Please tell me where you are getting your information, what publications and the like, so I can peruse them myself. From the information I have examined, South Korea, while quite militarily potent, is nowhere near the level of militarization of North Korea, and the motivation of the hive-mind is just not present in the South either.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

US President Barack Obama said he was "outraged" by the attack on Yeonpyeong island. It was also denounced by Russia, Japan and European countries

In Washington, White House spokesman Bill Burton said the North had "a pattern of doing things that are provocative" and called Tuesday's assault "a particularly outrageous act".

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said he had ordered ministers to "make preparations so that we can react firmly, should any unexpected event occur".

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak called the incident "an invasion of South Korean territory", and warned that future provocations could be met with "enormous retaliation", including missile strikes on North Korean positions.

North Korea's military command blamed South Korea for the incident.

"The South Korean enemy, despite our repeated warnings, committed reckless military provocations of firing artillery shells into our maritime territory near Yeonpyeong island beginning 1300 (0400 GMT)," the state-run KCNA news agency quoted it as saying.

Sounds like a bunch of he said she said to me.

Quotes from BBC News.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
If all out war started, and the US became involved, conventional warfare would be insufficient as NK has the third largest standing army in the world and more conventional missles than anyone ie: short of nuking Pyongyang, the US, as currently deployed, would lose a war against North Korea.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)
Sorry to rain on your parade, but N. Korea would not stand a chance in a showdown with the U.S. and if you believe China would step in the event of a war being constantly provoked by N. Korea, your wrong. China has more to gain by being a partner to the U.S. than propping up a beligerant regime who is constantly causing Beijing one headache after another. There is now way North Korea could even stand the test of Americas 5th generation aircraft, battle tanks, submarines, air-craft carriers, ICBM's and other resources such as the South would be able to provide in the event of further provocations by the North. I believe the South done the right thing by considering any more such acts would treated as an invasion of the South and further provocations would result in an enormous retaliatory strikes from the South. I believe this would be a MAJOR mistake for the North to understand the cards are not a winning hand they are playing in this case, unlike when they could get the blame america firsters to blame them for the Souths ship sinking in March as being a ploy by America to the Chinese where in this case the evidence is overwhleming. Best Idea would be for the North to stop there self-destructive actions and the South is doing the right thing by showing their cards by their tone and show of force. Thats the only voice the North seems to understand.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

"hive-mind is just not present in the South either. "

geez hive-mind is borg everyone know borg are commies right?? geez i sure thought they were,, so shouldn't u be saying "hive-mind is just not present in the North either. "

Am i wrong?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

They were not missiles, they were the North Korean equivalent of 88mm Artillery Rounds. They look streaked in the video because of the frame rate of the camera. If the camera had a faster frame refresh rate, then it would look more clearly like the shells they were.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wowsers

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
If all out war started, and the US became involved, conventional warfare would be insufficient as NK has the third largest standing army in the world and more conventional missles than anyone ie: short of nuking Pyongyang, the US, as currently deployed, would lose a war against North Korea.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)
Sorry to rain on your parade, but N. Korea would not stand a chance in a showdown with the U.S. and if you believe China would step in the event of a war being constantly provoked by N. Korea, your wrong. China has more to gain by being a partner to the U.S. than propping up a beligerant regime who is constantly causing Beijing one headache after another. There is now way North Korea could even stand the test of Americas 5th generation aircraft, battle tanks, submarines, air-craft carriers, ICBM's and other resources such as the South would be able to provide in the event of further provocations by the North. I believe the South done the right thing by considering any more such acts would treated as an invasion of the South and further provocations would result in an enormous retaliatory strikes from the South. I believe this would be a MAJOR mistake for the North to understand the cards are not a winning hand they are playing in this case, unlike when they could get the blame america firsters to blame them for the Souths ship sinking in March as being a ploy by America to the Chinese where in this case the evidence is overwhleming. Best Idea would be for the North to stop there self-destructive actions and the South is doing the right thing by showing their cards by their tone and show of force. Thats the only voice the North seems to understand.

Sounds like you need to do a little reading.

Start here, the US Marine Corps Area Report on North Korea.

They don't seem to share your carefree attitude.

www.fas.org...

Look above for my homework post. You will change your tune if you read what I linked to. If you don't believe it, take it up with the Marines.

link   
reply to post by stefplz

And that can be a very good thing,, talk is good,, its when N.K says "they started it " the pattern has always been to stand down,, so yes that is good thing,,

link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

"hive-mind is just not present in the South either. "

geez hive-mind is borg everyone know borg are commies right?? geez i sure thought they were,, so shouldn't u be saying "hive-mind is just not present in the North either. "

Am i wrong?

You are difficult to understand. If you have a point please make it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The Obama administration said it intended to talk over the matter with South Korea and China and declined to say whether a military response was being contemplated. The Pentagon referred all questions to the White House.

The United States has 28,000 troops in South Korea and can move aircraft carriers with hundreds of combat aircraft to the peninsula capable of striking Pyongyang. The North has a 1.1 million-member arm, among the largest in the world, and thousands of missile batteries capable of hitting Seoul.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Control
reply to post by Justaposter

They were not missiles, they were the North Korean equivalent of 88mm Artillery Rounds. They look streaked in the video because of the frame rate of the camera. If the camera had a faster frame refresh rate, then it would look more clearly like the shells they were.

Thank you for paying attention.

Why would North Korea waste a bunch of money shooting missiles off when artillery will do just as well?

Their military spending is not "pork" like ours is. We wouldn't hesitate to shoot 50 million bucks worth of high tech doodads at a camel, because that's 50 million bucks worth of new weapons that will have to be purchased. Bringin' home the bacon!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

As i said before, the USA, as presently stretched, would lose a conflict against North Korea.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stefplz

"South Korean President Lee Myung-bak called the incident "an invasion of South Korean territory", and warned that future provocations could be met with "enormous retaliation", including missile strikes on North Korean positions."

Sorry ,,,but that's the one that made me go Peter Parker. I think they may have had too actually stop him from going ape#,
edit on 23-11-2010 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Doesn't this sort of thing happen every few years?

I think (and hope) that they will agree it was a misunderstanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join