It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Why is it that south Korea reminds me of a battered housewife? They keep getting kicked, punched and verbally abused, and all they do is say "oh, it's okay honey....it was my fault. I totally deserved to have the crap kicked outta me."

Sooner or later there needs to be a burning bed.....
edit on 23-11-2010 by amongus because: (no reason given)

link   
Here we go. Does anybody not think the western powers won't respond. What will Obama do? The momentum of WORLD WAR is now starting! Just my thoughts. This can only get worse . Get ready because China will not let the western powesrs get in there back pocket and they will not back any response fron the USA.

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by antar
So no biggie? Nothing to worry about I can now go peacefully to bed?

Unless you live in Korea

That is a bit too broad a statement to make.

Yeonpyeong Island is a group of South Korean islands in the Yellow Sea, located about 80 km west of Incheon and 12 km south of the coast of Hwanghae Province, North Korea. The main island of the group is Daeyeonpyeong Island, also referred to simply as Yeonpyeong Island, with an area of 7.01 km² and a population of 1,176 (1999). The other inhabited island is Soyeonpyeong Island, with a small population and an area of 0.24 km²

This is not mainland Korea by any stretch of the imagination. This is also certainly not the first or last time this island has been shelled in a conflict which has stretched for generations...

For those of you too lazy/busy to do your own research, here is some information about the area.

"The Northern Limit Line is considered by South Korea as the sea boundary between itself and North Korea, while North Korea disagrees and states that the boundary is farther south. North Korean fishing vessels often wander into the area and are frequently chased away by South Korean patrol vessels. Occasionally a North Korean patrol tries to enforce its southern claim by traversing the limit line. In 2002 one such incursion turned into a naval battle along the limit line."

Both the North Korean and South Korean flotillas took casualties from the action. Thirteen North Koreans were killed and twenty five wounded while four South Korean sailors died and nineteen were injured. The damaged South Korean craft later sank while under tow, while the damaged North Korean vessel was able to limp its way back to port. Both sides laid blame on each other and South Korea demanded an apology from North Korea. The North Korean news agency (KCNA) reported that: "there was an unexpected exchange of fire between the two sides due to reckless armed provocations by South Korean naval vessels in the West Sea on June 29, causing losses of human lives and the sinking of a vessel." and restated the North Korean position that the Northern Limit Line is not an internationally agreed border.

source:
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That's fine.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Why is it that south Korea reminds me of a battered housewife? They keep getting kicked, punched and verbally abused, and all they do is say "oh, it's okay honey....it was my fault. I totally deserved to have the crap kicked outta me."

That's exactly what I thought. What else does N. Korea need to do before something happens? Seriously, this was indiscriminate shelling of a town. There is no false flag, no hidden agenda, nothing - this is the real deal.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
Ugh, really? And I was just about to go to bed and then all this comes about. Hopefully no horrors will come of this but considering the need to gain some power for the son I still don't see a reason for this.

AND I HOPE TO EVERYTHING THAT THE USA DOES NOTHING ABOUT THIS. Let China and Japan deal with it, America has its own problems.

Coward, I'd risk my life to defend S. Korea. You know why? Because they value the same principles as us, same with the Japanese. You don't befriend someone and stab them in the back when they need your help. I'm sure they would come to our aid if we were attacked. What makes you think N. Korea won't stop at S. Korea and Japan.

what makes you think north korea would even want to start? its obviously a lost cause for north korea if they ever entered into war, regardless if it were nuclear. this is all an exact reflection of the north vietnam-south vietnam conflict and how the US had its own covert operations to instigate a good enough excuse to insert itself in the middle. both sides of this peninsula are pure morons. south korea claims that whenever they are practicing war games or naval exercises, north korea launches warnings through the form of bullets to stay away. wtf why not stay a little away? really? justify to me that SK needs to stay as provocative as possible with their military drills any way you can and i'll be pleased and join your side of the debate. there are reasons for these sorts of attacks from NK that none of us are allowed to and will ever know than that is testing the waters for military action. north korea would be hammered to the core unless they unleashed a full scale nuclear holocaust upon the earth as their first strike. that is just the simple truth. the only reason they would provoke war is to get heavy Chinese support which i doubt very much they would be able to get without sparking ww3 and China has nothing to gain out of ww3 at this moment in time because not enough dominoes have fallen yet where it can be in a position to promote themselves to the position of the US globally. Once the US collapses, and if there are still these reports going around about NK and SK tensions, then i will believe that i have been neglectful of NK. but while the US is still holding on to power, these movements are not wise because they benefit NO ONE.
edit on 23-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

That's exactly what I thought. What else does N. Korea need to do before something happens? Seriously, this was indiscriminate shelling of a town. There is no false flag, no hidden agenda, nothing - this is the real deal.

It's really a tough hard line that SK must take, I know that if I was in charge, I couldn't just look away at this attack and would have to consider all the options, but recognizing the danger of war and what the outcome could be, one must act with the most thought-out and planned order if war must be staged.

SK could calm the fires and then launch a massive attack, but I doubt it. This is likely going to be put out with water and a few SK tears to the UN with the US condemning the attacks... escillation never seems to happen out of these skirmishes.

This could be the exception, only time will tell.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

Good point, I understand where you come from. I should not have started this debate - I'm derailing this important thread. Lets move on.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Got suspended. sorry.
2nd line
edit on 11/23/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Because S.K. would be devestated in a matter of days.

They have everything to lose, N.K. not so much.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well they are managing to affect the markets . . .
I wonder if this was not part of the plan.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why, without knowing the details, is everyone blaming the North??
I just don't get it from ATS members that usually seek the answers first..
Answers we may take a while to find..
Things are not always as they seem..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
Well they are managing to affect the markets . . .
I wonder if this was not part of the plan.

It sure is. Why would Taiwan's market be falling so hard where Japan is in the green?

Hang Seng down 612+ points.

Bloomberg

edit on 23-11-2010 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
At first thought, before I read that people were killed and the islands were inhabited, i figured North Korea didnt line up their weapons, perhaps it was a new rookie trooper who wasnt trained properly and these shells landed in the wrong spot.

Maybe they didnt, but Nkorea believed the islands were empty?

For all the recent tests and threats.. why would they begin something with such a minor attempt? surely a first strike would be one that would save you from onslaught, not target you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Maybe the bankers need a little unrest to slide the market and make more money..
Funny how banks make money on every change, stability is what they don't like.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Why, without knowing the details, is everyone blaming the North??
I just don't get it from ATS members that usually seek the answers first..
Answers we may take a while to find..
Things are not always as they seem..

Really? Did you see the pictures? I HIGHLY doubt there is any military assets on that island to be bombed like that. If S. Korea fired first for no reason, you would be seeing the DMZ on fire - not a town on an island.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

OK, you have it all figured out..
Why the hell would NK risk so much attacking a pissy little Island for NO reason??
Doesn't make sense..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well lookie what we have here. My opinion? They have been at war, no
peace treaty has ever been signed. The reason why North Korea keeps
doing these things is because of the South's lack of resolve. War is like
a pregnant Woman either she is or isn't. If it were up to me, I'd drop a
nuke for every shell and then see what China has to say.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You're right, it doesn't make sense. But, why would S. Korea possibly start WW3? N. Korea hardly has anything to lose where S. Korea has an extremely strong economy and way of life. What do you think is more realistic, a stable country starting a war, or a psychotic dictator that has maimed the people of it's country? Think about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
SO this isn't an act of war when you kill someone elses people????

North Korea has everything to loose actually they have there whole system and way of life to loose to us that means they will not be able to do what they want anymore the whole reign is over. North Korea just wants to start things because they know they could nuke south korea but when it is all over you know what will be rebuilt a FREE UNITED KOREA WITHOUT THE BASTERD DICTATORS!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join