It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

It says in your mood that you are currently at 'chill' yet advocate the covering of North Korea in ' glass , Lots of Glass ' ....... Is that a thinking persons response ?

Are you one of these all knowing , all powerful Americans that has never been outside your qwn state before ?.......God help us all if attitudes or personalities like yours are to help mediate on this .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245
The DPRK is one of the only military powers in the world with the ability to defeat the US army,people would be foolish to underestimate what they are capable of,if we were to attempt invasion i think it would end in disaster for the US because the DPRK has too many advantages in its defensive position.

I remember all the talk about Iraq having this huge army & having an advantage due to being in the desert & their equipment & strategy was made for that task, that the US was going to be in for a tough fight. I also remember how easily we swept them aside.

Also, later on you say something about South Korea provoking this response. Really? In what universe does sailing some ships around in the water give someone the right to start lobbing shells or rockets at a populated civilian area? Yeah, uh-huh I see how those actions are equivalent.

link   
"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said(President of South Korea). "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."

Someone who is not me has a cactus ready in case things hit panic sex mode.
At which point swim will wish wash the cactus down with some shots of whiskey.

link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I didn't hear them say a word. However
u can believe whatever you read from a
controlled media if you want to. You heard the
news article say it.

How the hell do you dismiss the reported words of NK, yet accept the report of bombs going off to begin with..pick and choose?
the controlled media said nk and sk exchanged boom things...that also may be a fabrication...after all, you aren't there...so how can you believe anything.

eventually common sense kicks in...or not

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Theres a differance between talking about a conspiracy and just being paranoid and attributing every event that ever happens as being a conspiracy.

As soon as I saw this on the news this morning I knew the tinfoil hat brigade would be out in force.
edit on 23/11/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the naval exercises near the N.Korea border, in disputed waters, using live rounds is the cause of all this. N.Korea asked them not to use live fire in the excercise.

The question is who is provoking who?

The worlds banks and economys are crashing, what´s the best cause of action to keep the sheeple getting upset, start a war.!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This has probably been brought up before. Doesn't anyone recall the nuclear power plant in North Korea; as well the boy in China staging a protest for peace in Korea yesterday. Maybe they knew?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

*gulps*

Is that what the President of South Korea just said?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
How the hell do you dismiss the reported words of NK, yet accept the report of bombs going off to begin with..pick and choose?

the bombs (rockets) going off came with video on youtube.
Did the reported words of NK come with video attached too ???
Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

reply to post by Gazmeister

It's obviously a plot by the Obama administration when they went back in time and started a fight with North Korea when the North invaded South Korea BEFORE Obama was even Born in order to gain public support for his domestic policies

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Relative vids, for what it's worth:

spec

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

I see. I do recall North Korea hiding many rockets in their mountains near South Korea. I wouldn't be surprised they would use the rockets. I just want more information.

Forgot to add and few members have brought Baba Vanga's prediction that there will be WWIII in November 2010.

>2010 – World War III. War will begin in November 2010 and end in October 2014. Will begin as usual, then nuclear will be used initially, and then chemical weapons.

Here's his picture just incase you are interested

So anticipation is great atm on ATS of making new threads about WWIII and nuclear war. Authors are waiting in glee for new info. to create more thread even going to the extent of reporting Kim Jung's fart (not really).

New Alert I just received in my email possibly from North Korea leader himself

Sorry about the island thingy.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Prince Of Darkness because: corrected info

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

Hey! I do recall as well that experts mentioned North Korea would use chemical weapons as a means to war.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said(President of South Korea). "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."

Looks like it was South Korea and the US navy who provoked first by performing dubious exercise that threatened NK.

Easy to blame a party without knowing the full details. See the article from the soc.culture.korea usent site.

North Korea claimed that the South fired artillery shell into the
North....South denied ...saying that they were conducted exercises
but shelling was directed away from the North.
The South counter-claimed that the North shelled the Yeonpyeong island
and killed two marines.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's the source for the quote from the South Korean President:

(LEAD) S. Korea vows 'stern retaliation' against N. Korea's attacks

... "Reckless attacks on South Korean civilians are not tolerable, especially when South Korea is providing North Korea with humanitarian aid," the president said. "As for such attacks on civilians, a response beyond the rule of engagement is necessary. Our military should show this through action rather than an administrative response" such as statements or talks, he added.

He did not rule out the possibility of follow-up attacks.

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said. "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I think on the world stage, they have already acheived the 'victim' stance, one of defenders. Not attackers.

But the tone, yes, is what is telling.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No truths to who fired first like always, and these people are always firing at one another.

South has nothing to back up there claims again, like last time. Remember too they said that they had proof last time when that thing happened a few months back,a nd they even went to un.

link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister

Ok,
First question: who's Ron Paul?

Second question: why must everthing be a conspiracy involving the US government?

So you have a supportive interest in things USA buuuut don't know who Ron Paul is, tbh I can't believe this, the kind of people who appear in "dumb Americans" vids on YTube know who Ron Paul is, mostly.

link   

Originally posted by swiftfootedachilleus
reply to post by Pharyax

It says in your mood that you are currently at 'chill' yet advocate the covering of North Korea in ' glass , Lots of Glass ' ....... Is that a thinking persons response ?

Are you one of these all knowing , all powerful Americans that has never been outside your qwn state before ?.......God help us all if attitudes or personalities like yours are to help mediate on this .

Ah yes, by all means, the South Korean people should just 'take it' right? How many more attacks do you think are acceptable? NK is run by an unstable government that will have no problem nuking SK. So if there IS war, they may be forced to use one--before the NK's do.

China would be pissed if a radiation cloud went over their Country though.... Maybe use a bunch of daisy cutters...
edit on 11/23/2010 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by infinite

*gulps*

Is that what the President of South Korea just said?

Indeedy.
This is without a doubt the most important day in our history yet. I couldn't believe it this morning when I checked CNN and FOX, they were talking about the weather and some other BS stories about pop stars and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join