It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corrupted Data

I remember a fictional claim about 34 warships. But it never actually happened.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
has it occurred to anyone that the reason the NKs sent artillery downrange into SK territory might have been to prevent the SKs from retrieving a high-profile defector with knowledge about NK D.U.M.Bs, nuke plants, munition dumps, warhead targets, etc? got no proof and i know this is pure speculation on my part but wouldn't other countries have done the same if they were in that situation? food for thought...
edit on 11.23.10 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

edit on 11.23.10 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[ Just heard on the Radio that South Korea just warned that if the North engages in more of the same they will unleash a massive retaliation and that Obama will be giving a briefing in about an hour.]

What?...

IF they continue SK will retaliate?????

What about the naval clash last year... and boating sink a few months ago and the shelling today?

JUST ONE MORE AND I'LL FIGHT BACK, I SWEAR

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by SynGen

I want to see Implausible Act 4:

Japan sends Godzilla to Pyongyang.

No, senario 5 will clearly happen:

Kim will suddenly blink and realize he is being crazy...apologise to the world for being nuts, and resign, handing over NK to SK...Israel and Palestine will take note and stop fighting, hug each other, and build a peaceful two state system. Obama will take note and find a perfect balance of government to freedom, enjoying 100% approval rating and Bristol Palin will win dancing with the stars..because she is the best dancer.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by SynGen

Lmao, me too, but the mecha version of Godzilla!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

Great post thanks. Yes it seems alot of people on here have taken the media bait about north korea. Even myself sometimes.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
How can this be staged though? Explain how this can be staged.

that's very simple really

The US waits til SK is in an artillery exercise
shelling outside of NK territory. SK's guns
are going off.

US Navy Destroyer fires off a couple rockets
or barrages that go over the heads of the
SK Artillery Batteries and hits inside
of NK's border. Then NK thinks it came
from SK and retaliates on SK and here we are.

So it could have been instigated by the US.
And nobody would know. Then play it up in the
press with the spin that NK attacked SK
and you have ur false flag.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by SynGen

No, senario 5 will clearly happen:

Kim will suddenly blink and realize he is being crazy...apologise to the world for being nuts, and resign, handing over NK to SK...Israel and Palestine will take note and stop fighting, hug each other, and build a peaceful two state system. Obama will take note and find a perfect balance of government to freedom, enjoying 100% approval rating and Bristol Palin will win dancing with the stars..because she is the best dancer.

links and evidence please!
edit on 23-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
North Korea could just be chest pounding before they fold and make a deal. Sounds about right with regards to how North Korea has negotiated in the past. A strong show of force then back off to save face.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
links and evidence please!
edit on 23-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

I would provide you links...but the NWO supresses links to the truth...and that statement in itself should prove its true...because if it isn't present, then thats evidence of it being supressed by the NWO, lead by reptilian kenyan muslim Obama to perpetuate the media controlled brainwashing that makes people believe north korea is anything but the most peaceful and sane place on earth.

Debunk that! ha! cant...can you...now, if you don't mind, I must get back to my spaceship and inform the federation of light that the time is almost here.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Heres what scares me the most, this is really the linch pin in this whole debate, if US Marines are killed then this turns into a runaway train..................................................................

The United States has about 28,500 troops deployed in South Korea who are warily watching the situation. A U.S. defense official said there are "more than 50 U.S. Navy vessels in the area, including a carrier strike group led by the USS George Washington. However, there are no plans to send more ships or forces in response to the strike.

Along with the slain marines, 15 South Korean soldiers and three civilians were wounded when the North fired about 100 rounds of artillery at Yeonpyeong Island in the Yellow Sea, South Korea authorities said. The attack also set houses and forests on fire on the island.

They already are st up over there to kick some ass if necessary.

D

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

SK leader calls for 'enormous retaliation' against NK

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- Hours after North Korea's deadly artillery attacks Tuesday, South Korea's president said "enormous retaliation" is needed to stop Pyongyang's incitement, but international diplomats urgently appealed for restraint.

www.cnn.com...

Looks like the SK Pres is ratcheting up the rhetoric......stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[ Just heard on the Radio that South Korea just warned that if the North engages in more of the same they will unleash a massive retaliation and that Obama will be giving a briefing in about an hour.]

I think you might see a retaliation - especially if the Obama is being briefed within the hour. A dangerous game of bluff, but South Korea cannot allow an act of aggression go unpunished - the people won't stand for it.

I believe it's early hours in Korea, so a surprise strike on artillery bases *might* occur. As I said before though, South Korea needs to be absolute in its belief the North will not respond with an invasion, etc.

yep.. how many of us here on this very post that if this happened to US and we were in their country on a border with another nation hell bent on causing us harm & and bulling us at every turn ..

which one of us wouldn't be mad as hell to exact revenge.. when your holding your loved one in your arms ..

WHO ?? I know I would be .. !!! and would DEMAND my president to respond..

NK just knocked in the door of SK and are smiling about it..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If this continues to escalate which it may be already and we don't know it - where will the US and UK stand in this? This is very serious.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I agree with you that this could have been staged as part of a false flag operation.

However given the political land scape of the Korean peninsula it is much more likely and logical that these events played out along the lines that the MSM have reported. If we assume that every world event is some form of false flag we fall into the trap of ignorance, sometimes there is no grad conspiracy. I really don’t think there is any evidence or logic behind any notion that this was a false flag operation conducted by any states.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Of course it's very serious. Heck even China might defend North Korea. There is so much we would have to do to defeat North Korea. We would have to train in so many fields.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Do you honestly believe that is what happened? When has the South done any intentional military actions on the North? Don't you remember the many times that NK has launched missiles sporadically, even over Japan? Anything that is related to the U.S. you spin it so that the U.S. is that bad guy, always. Even the "missile" off the California - saying that the U.S. missed the missile and we're somehow embarrassed by it. Why are you even living in the States?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
If this continues to escalate which it may be already and we don't know it - where will the US and UK stand in this? This is very serious.

Hopefully the UK will stand very far away...and openly say to the rest of the world...we DONT need another war...we need to sort out the human race together not kill eachother.

Thats what i'd do if i was PM!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

It is interesting to observe the language now resonating from South Korea. Clearly, tempers are boiling and the previous "warnings" are being dropped for more belligerent tones. Could the South be tempting North Korea to strike again? After all, if the war is about to restart then South Korea does not want to be seen as the nation that started it.
edit on 23-11-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
According to the law of ATS, which clearly states:

"The longer a thread goes on in relation to a specific topic, the less likely it is that the topic will come to pass."

I hereby predict that this is all over with.

Good job folks, you saved the world once more! Now if everyone could kindly please leave the building.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join