It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by oozyism

The American military is too stretched.

Again you miss the point!. So I will say it again! The US could fight at least another 2 wars & protect their homeland if they want to. They have the technology to destroy countries without setting foot in them plus they can "make" as much money as they need to!. Wars only make them stronger financially, it's called stimulating the economy. Check history - Try to keep up Oozy!!!!!!!!!!!!

we would take them out with south korea and japan would be there as will taiwan, that is just local!!
china and russia? bring it on, lets get it over and give our decedents a better chance.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

reply to post by HattoriHanzou

publication which will help enlighten you.

They are just about broke!. These old Russian equipment most of which will probably fail when used properly.

What you mean like AK47's which have stood the test of time , you can bury them underground in mud and water and still fire them when you dig them up 10 years later .
Russian gear is built to last

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

China this, China that.

China has been quite pissed off at North Korea lately. I am not saying that it is impossible that North Korea is indeed doing their bidding, but it is plain as day that North Korea is not a mere puppet. They really pissed off China by developing and testing nukes, as China does not want to deal with a possible nuclear confrontation that close to home.

Let me repeat: North Korea is not a Chinese puppet state, and in fact over the last 30 years there has been a gradual but distinct thaw in relations.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In terms of materiel, we are no where close to being overextended. We have massive stockpiles of WRM, War Reserve Materiel. Sure we don't have surplus brand new F-22s sitting in warehouses or vaults, but we have plenty of M1 Abrams main battle tanks, ships, jets, and every bomb and bullet you can think of. We even have much of it prepositioned around the earth, even mobile on cargo ships, ready for when we need it. People really can't comprehend the amount of stuff we have stockpiled.

The PLA has alot of troops sure, thats lots of mouths to feed and arm. Unlike us they do not have the logistics network or materiel to support those mouths very far from their own country. If they cause problems in Korea, fungus could cause problems on their crops. Starving people make terrible soldiers.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
South Korea is preparing contingencies... Now since North Korea will learn of this... what if... better launch than lose them?

S. Korea may strike N. Korea's missile base: President Lee

SEOUL, Nov. 23 (Yonhap) -- President Lee Myung-bak ordered his military Tuesday to strike North Korea's missile base around its coastline artillery positions if it shows signs of additional provocation, his spokeswoman said.

If it SHOWS SIGNS of additional provocation... basically... even if NKorea does NOTHING and just APPEARS that they MIGHT do something, SKorea will strike?

Or am I reading this wrong?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by oozyism

Again you miss the point!. So I will say it again! The US could fight at least another 2 wars & protect their homeland if they want to. They have the technology to destroy countries without setting foot in them plus they can "make" as much money as they need to!. Wars only make them stronger financially, it's called stimulating the economy. Check history - Try to keep up Oozy!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I check history, the US situation reminds me exactly of USSR.

Try to keep up

But there were more immediate causes for the collapse. In the middle 1980's about seventy percent of the industrial output of the Soviet Union was going to the military. Oleg Gordievsky, a KGB official who defected to Britain, asserted that at least one third of the total output was going to the military. British intelligence could not believe such a high figure but later Western intelligence sources estimated that it was at least fifty percent. One can only imagine what a severe shortages of industrial goods there were for the rest of the economy.

www.sjsu.edu...

By the way, USSR also had the ability to destroy the world

link   
reply to post by fooks

This is what we call wishful thinking. If food aid is halted to North Korea, this will just mean that some senior citizens and children starve.

The army has plenty of food. It is estimated that they have enough to feed the whole army for 10 years.

Electricity is also plentiful for the military. Sure, they don't produce enough for everybody's home, but this is by design. Why waste money on excess capacity when you are running the sort of government that is in place there?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This six party talks are dead.

Both sides, North and South, know a conflict is the only method to increase the bargaining chips at the negotiation tables. North Korea believes attention, and serious recognition, will only be guaranteed if they created massive bloodshed in the region.

After all, are you willing to use nuclear weapons against a peasant nation? China certainly would not sanction nuclear strikes against North Korean cities.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

lets get it over and give our decedents a better chance.

Of getting cancer and having birth defects.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The war of words is definitely escalating!

North Korean news agency warns of "merciless military counteractions" if South intrudes "even 0.001 mm" into its waters. (via @klustout

link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

This is what we call wishful thinking. If food aid is halted to North Korea, this will just mean that some senior citizens and children starve.

Yes.

The army has plenty of food. It is estimated that they have enough to feed the whole army for 10 years.

No they haven't. Fact is, they don't do training in the afternoon because they are too tired BECAUSE THEY DON'T EAT ENOUGH.

And you're supposed to be an expert on North Korea? Really?

link   
reply to post by sapien82

A Russian tank from WWII was recently found in a lake, pulled out, fixed up, and fired up with minimal work, by local mechanics.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by HattoriHanzou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I can't believe everyone on this thread is panicking so much.. I can assure you this will blow over, Things like this happen all the time, you just don't get to hear about them.. There is no way america or china want to be sucked into a war with each other over the Korean peninsula.. Both countries will adopt diplomatic resoloutions to stop this from happening..

link   
This could be potentially the start of the biggest story in years and I look for news on television and they are reporting on whether Charlie Sheen beat up some young girl, COME ON!!! Guess they really do only report what they want you to hear! Hopefully this doesn't escalate but I don't see that happening! Just heard the UN security counsel is holding an emergency meeting.

link   
reply to post by fltcui

South Korea should continue military exercises in the region.

NATO is apparently on alert.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Update 12:40pm GMT:

1224: Nato spokeswoman Carmen Romero tells the AFP news agency that the alliance "strongly condemns the North Korean shelling of a South Korean island and its resulting casualties. The alliance will carefully monitor developments with deep concern".

1205: Lee Choon-ok, a Yeongpyeong resident, says: "I was lying down and watching television, and I heard a bang, bang, bang sound. At first I thought the South Korean military was carrying out a very heavy artillery exercise since it had already announced earlier that it would carry out a military exercise this week. When the bomb went off near my house and when my house was damaged, then I realised that it was North Korea that had fired. I thought I would die if I stepped out of the house, so I stayed still."

1201: Eyewitness Shin Sung-hee says: "The artillery didn't just hit one location - there were fires everywhere and it was chaotic. I tried calling my wife at home, but I just heard "Darling", and the phone was disconnected. After about 10 minutes, the announcement was made saying that it was for real and telling the residents to evacuate to the shelter. I took my car and went back home. When I got there, my wife was standing outside and the house was already destroyed."

1154: French Foreign Minister Michele Alliot-Marie condemns the shelling of Yeonpyeong island, urging North Korea to end "provocations".

1140: The BBC's John Sudworth in Seoul says The North's accusation (that the South started firing) will be given very short shrift in the South Korean capital, with the government saying that it is the North who is responsible for a clear armed provocation.

Oozyism you can't be rac.......oh never mind

link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
reply to post by sapien82

A Russian tank from WWII was recently found in a lake, pulled out, fixed up, and fired up with minimal work, by local mechanics.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-11-2010 by HattoriHanzou because: (no reason given)

A guy near mear used to have a business selling Russian Motorcycles.

He was always busy, they're simple to work on, cheap to maintain and last forever.

link   
ACCORDING TO TWITTER SHELLING HAVE RESTARTED...

If this is true, prepare for war for real this time.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
South Korea is preparing contingencies... Now since North Korea will learn of this... what if... better launch than lose them?

S. Korea may strike N. Korea's missile base: President Lee

SEOUL, Nov. 23 (Yonhap) -- President Lee Myung-bak ordered his military Tuesday to strike North Korea's missile base around its coastline artillery positions if it shows signs of additional provocation, his spokeswoman said.

If it SHOWS SIGNS of additional provocation... basically... even if NKorea does NOTHING and just APPEARS that they MIGHT do something, SKorea will strike?

Or am I reading this wrong?

you definitely read it wrong lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I still don't think you get it.

When I say over stretched, it means over stretched.

Do you think the troops from Afghanistan will leave Afghanistan and go fight against N-Korea or China?

Do you think the troops from Iraq will leave Iraq and go to fight against N-Korea or China?

Do you think the war ships near Iran will leave? How long will it take for those warships to reach N-Korea?

What about on ground?

It is not as simple as how many guns you have, or how many tanks, it is about how widespread are your military gears.

If it takes couple of days for your backup warships to reach N-Korea, the already combating warships will be destroyed. In that sense, the first few war ships won't have back up, and the back up warships won't have back ups either.

Chinese, and N-Korea military is heavily concentrated.

War is strategy based, you need to read some books, and expand your mind, take in to consideration details etc etc.

You have much to learn

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join