It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
in case everyone forgot, this is between North and South Korea, not the US and China. Yes the ramifications could potentially involve China and the US because China will have to choose its side.
edit on 23-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
reply to post by oozyism

I am so tired of people saying the US is going to collapse.. Stop it.. We spend more money militarily then the rest of the world combined.. Get real.. It is already a global economy.. if the US goes down the rest of the world feels it worse then we do and we still win.. it is all relative

He is entitled to opinion but talks garbage! He will use any event or situation to push his agenda. Not only that he has all that wisdom at age 20! .... Still a child. He has a lot to learn. Remember what you said about ANZACS? I have not forgotten!

North Korea having a "hissy fit" will not get your wish for the destruction of America! Keep dreaming. Truth be told the US actually has technology capabilities to fight at least another 2 wars (maybe even more) & protect their home land if they really had to! They just are not the blood thirsty nation you make them out to be!. Just remember they saved your butt! why bite the hand that feeds?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
1104: Dong Wook-kim in Seoul says: "I'm a soldier in the South Korean Army. I live in Seoul, but my military camp is located on the frontline with North Korea. I have to go back to my camp tomorrow so I am quite worried and anxious about this crisis. South Korean people are very angry. South Korea and the world have been giving a lot of chances to North Korea but they are always arrogant and attack South Korea. We must punish them. They are threatening world peace."

from

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
can we please get back to the thread

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doyle
oozyism I've seen you pull this crap a thousand times so I'm not going to get dragged into your insanity, and nor will most others as we can clearly see you for what you are, a troll. That is all I have to say to you from here on in so pick someone else to play your childish games with, I'm above this and you.

Childish games?

I find it funny that you can't even debate the issue I'm bringing forward, instead attacking me directly, just calling me a troll, not even explaining how am I equivalent to a troll.

Yup, like they say, if you can't kill the message, kill the messenger.

No one can deny what I'm putting forward on the table, nor can argue against it therefore are forced to attack me directly.

Sad really, especially when the moto of ATS is to deny ignorance.

Ta Ta.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

oozyism I've seen you pull this crap a thousand times so I'm not going to get dragged into your insanity, and nor will most others as we can clearly see you for what you are, a troll. That is all I have to say to you from here on in so pick someone else to play your childish games with, I'm above this and you.

Now who's the Troll, Doyle, what's with all the personal attacks can't you hack the debate without getting emotional, we've gotta be glad your hand ain't on the trigger.

This has obvious geostrategic ramifications as Oozyism stated, US satellite state having a border with China is a big no no, The US can't fight NKorea and Iran at the same time, they still haven't beaten devastated Afghanistan or broken up sanctioned Iraq.

The Chinese are making moves in Kashmir, Tibet and the North East Indian Border, Japan wants a missile free sky and a peaceful settlement of the islands dispute.

Every point Oozyism made is very very relevant, so take your straw man ad hominem BS elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Childish games?

I find it funny that you can't even debate the issue I'm bringing forward, instead attacking me directly, just calling me a troll, not even explaining how am I equivalent to a troll.

Yup, like they say, if you can't kill the message, kill the messenger.

No one can deny what I'm putting forward on the table, nor can argue against it therefore are forced to attack me directly.

Sad really, especially when the moto of ATS is to deny ignorance.

Ta Ta.

Dude just stop. we don't need to hear your islamic anti american comments when the subject is south korea and north korea.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

I am so tired of people saying the US is going to collapse.. Stop it.. We spend more money militarily then the rest of the world combined.. Get real.. It is already a global economy.. if the US goes down the rest of the world feels it worse then we do and we still win.. it is all relative

You don't get it do you, the US has negative number $, it doesn't have any money to spend, it borrows money, I mean begs other countries to give it money, like China.

The US can't do much really.

It will collapse like USSR

You don't get it. If I owe 5 trillion dollars but I am worth 4000000 trillion dollars then am I really in debt. We are worth waaaayyy more. We will not just collapse like the USSR. California alone has an economy that only 4 countries can beat. We are in a bad point but the dollar is UP from the skirmish because people realize it is the safer bet.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
in case everyone forgot, this is between North and South Korea, not the US and China. Yes the ramifications could potentially involve China and the US because China will have to choose its side.
edit on 23-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

South Korea is a US proxy states, N-Korea is a Chinese proxy state.

Sometimes you have to follow the strings

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The problem isn't him not debating, it's your off topic rants IMHO.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am watching fox and friends Gretchen Wilson asked is north korea trying to start a world war? and who helping North Korea very interesting

link   

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1

Dude just stop. we don't need to hear your islamic anti american comments when the subject is south korea and north korea.

Isn't US troops in South Korea?

So how is US not involved>?

link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Every point Oozyism made is very very relevant, so take your straw man ad hominem BS elsewhere.

Again his opinions are over the top & wrong. You really need to follow your advice in the second part of your sentence! Doyle is right - live with it! Chur!

link   
From a few days ago...

S.Korea designs high-tech winter gear for front-line troops

"We plan to finish supplying soldiers at guard posts with 24,000 'functional' winter parkas and matching pants by the end of this year," Lee Sang-Beom, an official in charge of the project, told Yonhap news agency.

All coincidences I suppose...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So what? There are american citizens in china. Doesn't mean a thing. Now just stop posting off topic rants, nobody wants to hear it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjaba
reply to post by oozyism

The problem isn't him not debating, it's your off topic rants IMHO.

Or perhaps some posters lack of a grasp on the concept of just how expansive this topic actually is.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
For what it's worth, this is my first post here. I will add something useful by way of introduction:

Live stream of the Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation, the public (ie official government-supported) broadcasting outlet in South Korea.

This stream goes down upon occasion, but it has been OK for me for the last hour or two.

mms://mbnlive.hanafoslive.com/mkimbn200

Here's a good link that everybody should click on as well. It is the US Marine Corps' Area Handbook for North Korea. Anybody who has their rah-rah-rah cheerleading outfits on might want to read this before you decide that a confrontation with North Korea is a forgone conclusion. The Marine Corps disagrees with you, and this stands whether or not we nuke the hell out of them.

www.fas.org...

Cheers and good night. Hopefully we all wake up in the morning.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
We'll know things are serious when we start seeing commercials and notices reminding men to register with selective service. (and women too, because they are equal now - good work ladies...)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

You don't get it. If I owe 5 trillion dollars but I am worth 4000000 trillion dollars then am I really in debt. We are worth waaaayyy more. We will not just collapse like the USSR. California alone has an economy that only 4 countries can beat. We are in a bad point but the dollar is UP from the skirmish because people realize it is the safer bet.

The deeper you go $ negative, the faster you will go down.

The US is borrowing money to pay for wars such as Afghanistan and Iraq.

Another war front in N-Korea will accelerate the down trend, the negative number, and also other world powers will work against US interests also.

Go read about USSR and how it collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join