It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

More like a provocation gone wrong. Artillery shells supposed to fall in the water... but due to poor accuracy.. hit the island.

And North Korea will NOT use nukes unless they are invaded.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Update 10:50am GMT (seems to be slowing down)

1039: David M tweets: "I live and teach in South Korea and the general opinion amongst us expats is, not again North Korea. Seems to happen every 6 months now." Read David M's tweets

1030: Tomohiko Taniguchi, Japanese ex-foreign affairs spokesman tells BBC World Service: "Diplomacy has got to stop. The six-party dialogue framework is already history - that much is for certain."
He says pressure will mount on China to get tougher on North Korea.

And just for giggles heres a photo of the incident with a possible explanation provided by me, hehe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbc153117766.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Dharamsala, November 23 - India is fast-tracking new troop formations in the North-East to tackle China’s massive deployment of forces on the Tibetan border, reported The Times of India.

www.phayul.com...'s+troop+build-up+in+Arunachal+a+%22misstep%22+:+Chinese+expert&id=28603

If war erupts between Koreas, expect China to push against India by supporting the Maoist resistance movement within India, also expect Pakistan to support Kashmir resistance groups, and unleash huge terror attacks in India through its ISI armed wing. Also expect Iran to act up, killing couple of thousand troops in Afghanistan and Iraq by giving the insurgents weapons.

Also expect Russia to act up, and push towards Europe, while Pakistan will boost support for Taliban.

All of these need just one huge distraction, and that distraction is a Korean war.

That is why US is not attacking N-Korea, because US knows what will the consequences be. Provocations such as these will come more often

Good luck to US
you need it.

Maybe, just for once, you could lay off the whole "America is doomed" crap for just one post? If you insist on doing it go make another thread and stop posting in this one.. I don't mean offence but everyone is thinking it.

Oh, and as others have said, how can you be racist towards a religion? Not the brightest of avatars methinks.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
oozyism, 90% of your total posts make you come accross as an islamist troll who wants a big war to happen. This thread has nothing to do with islam. At all. Change the record, it got boring 20 threads ago, and you're only further harming the image of muslims.

Heh you beat me to it jonny.
edit on 23/11/2010 by Doyle because: Msg to Jonny

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The nations of Korea will eventually continue the Korean War - its inevitable. South Korea, at some point, will retaliate against the Communist North. And, it's going to be ugly - very bloody too.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
seems that nothing else has happened so far its been about two hours and no new information on the situation looks like the standard oah you shelled me have some back ...and X months later rinse and repeat

link   

Originally posted by Doyle
oozyism, 90% of your total posts make you come accross as an islamist troll who wants a big war to happen. This thread has nothing to do with islam. At all. Change the record, it got boring 20 threads ago, and you're only further harming the image of muslims.

Heh you beat me to it jonny.
edit on 23/11/2010 by Doyle because: Msg to Jonny

Why did N-Korea attack the South?

Why now?

Was it without the permission of China?

What would happen if the war escalates?

Why didn't US respond militarily?

Can US handle another war front? DUUUHH US military bases are present in South Korea and Japan, how will the rest of the world react if there is a full on war between US and China (South Korea and North Korea)"?

What will happen in the Middle East? What about South America? What about Europe?...

Look at the full picture, these incidents are not isolated.

ignorance is a bless, so stay ignorant

edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

link   
Hmmm... people.

I just remembered this...

China entered the Korean war on NOVEMBER 25 1950, EDIT... thanksgiving in 1950 was November 23... or TODAY...

At a TOTAL SURPRISE TO US COMMANDERS...

Is it me or could they be planning this? They start trouble on thanksgiving 1950... then on the 60th anniversary TO THE DATE + thanksgiving 2010 they invade SKorea?

Wouldn't that be a weird coincidence?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am so tired of people saying the US is going to collapse.. Stop it.. We spend more money militarily then the rest of the world combined.. Get real.. It is already a global economy.. if the US goes down the rest of the world feels it worse then we do and we still win.. it is all relative

link   
With the President and key government figures being moved to bunkers, I believe South Korea *might* preparing for a response or evidence of military build up on the Northern side.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

Originally posted by mars1
Nobody find it strange that the BBC was there to film the shells landing very convenient.
The BBC always seems to be at the right place at the right time.

Thanks

Sometimes the bbc is there even before a major event occurs, and reports it too early.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-11-2010 by ppk55 because: (no reason given)

In all fairness, the only footage I have seen is clearly amateur. The people of SK are connected to the internet you know!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

Originally posted by mars1
Nobody find it strange that the BBC was there to film the shells landing very convenient.
The BBC always seems to be at the right place at the right time.

Thanks

Sometimes the bbc is there even before a major event occurs, and reports it too early.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-11-2010 by ppk55 because: (no reason given)

The BBC have the largest international reporting staff of any news agency in the world, including correspondent partnerships with other countries national agencies, it makes sense that an organization with such a wide reach be there with breaking news.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
reply to post by oozyism

I am so tired of people saying the US is going to collapse.. Stop it.. We spend more money militarily then the rest of the world combined.. Get real.. It is already a global economy.. if the US goes down the rest of the world feels it worse then we do and we still win.. it is all relative

You don't get it do you, the US has negative number $, it doesn't have any money to spend, it borrows money, I mean begs other countries to give it money, like China.

The US can't do much really.

It will collapse like USSR

On topic, this is just a stand off between China and US. China has demands, and wants US to be submissive knowing how weak US is.

If US was strong and knew it could stand a chance, it would have retaliated against this attack.

Since it didn't, it sends a clear message to China, to squeeze US's balls some more

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
JFK assasination anivesery November 22, 1963.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
reply to post by oozyism

It is widely known around the world that the influence of America is waning. Financially, either China or Russia WILL become the next super power.

Like it or not, empires fall.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
oozyism I've seen you pull this crap a thousand times so I'm not going to get dragged into your insanity, and nor will most others as we can clearly see you for what you are, a troll. That is all I have to say to you from here on in so pick someone else to play your childish games with, I'm above this and you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
JFK assasination anivesery November 22, 1963.

Sorry, I don't see the relevance.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that happened throughout history on Nov 22nd. And on Nov 23rd!

How is it relevant?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
it was november 23rd in north south korea no relevance the guy is an idiot

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Is it not possible that we could maybe STAY ON TOPIC, this thread should be about the innocent people of NK and SK...not about who's got a bigger tank than who, or who's stupid enough to spend more money on guns...

There are a million threads about the end of the US...can we maybe keep this on track, its an important development and i want to follow this thread without being sidelined by petty opinions on the demise of a nation...

Please???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Opps. Sorry, wasn't meant to be posted here. was a chat back to some other place regarding dates

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join