It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Vitchilo

If they want to burn down a factory on their side of the border then so be it. It's just that many more North Koreans out of a job.

Idiots.

Indeed. But for them it's more like burning a sign of peaceful reunification... which the whole complex is.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

and that many more easily conscripted to local services.. if i had one Christmas wish it would be for North and South to finally get it on.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So this factory is right on the border of the S and N - N Koreans work there. Was this just provacation to show how close they can get to the South. If they burned down their own factory that is just totally nuts!

I might have missed this but what kind of factory is it - what do they make there?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It is kinda silly hey
It would seem the commanders calling the shots might be a few bricks short.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Utensils.

China slams S. Korean drills, applauds NK 'restraint'

China criticized South Korea Thursday in an editorial for holding large-scale firing drills later in the day as a deterrent against further North Korean provocation in the wake of Pyongyang’s recent shelling of a southern island.

“The North's firing back in November that left four South Koreans dead was an overreaction but the South's continuous bombast is putting it at a disadvantage that will draw international criticism,” an editorial in the Bejing-based Global Times, a paper published by the Communist Party mouthpiece People’s Daily, said.

Of course.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Utensils and no food

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

North Korea tends to carry out military tests or "show of force" during Western holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Utensils.

China slams S. Korean drills, applauds NK 'restraint'

China criticized South Korea Thursday in an editorial for holding large-scale firing drills later in the day as a deterrent against further North Korean provocation in the wake of Pyongyang’s recent shelling of a southern island.

“The North's firing back in November that left four South Koreans dead was an overreaction but the South's continuous bombast is putting it at a disadvantage that will draw international criticism,” an editorial in the Bejing-based Global Times, a paper published by the Communist Party mouthpiece People’s Daily, said.

Of course.

You sound disappointed that NK did not strike back. Quite frankly I am glad... A war in Korea would NOT be pretty as you know... and it is something that I truly hope is avoided at all costs.

I actually agree with China on this one... I understand SK was trying to show their might to deter NK from pulling any stupid stuff again... BUT they were provoking NK at the same time... They can just as easily show their might with out doing it right on the disputed territory.

I am also thankful that NK showed restraint. If they had not... Well, then most likely we would have a new Korean war on our hands.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I actually agree with China on this one... I understand SK was trying to show their might to deter NK from pulling any stupid stuff again... BUT they were provoking NK at the same time... They can just as easily show their might with out doing it right on the disputed territory.

Ok, so they do it at their southern most border. Does this display a weakness by south korea?
edit on 24/12/10 by logicalview because: apalling spelling abilities

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Nah I'm just saying China support whatever the hell North Korea does. And North Korea started this whole thing by bombing the island during a South Korean exercise which they did every year for the last 19 years. They only did this because of the succession and the need to bolster Kim Jong Un image, if it wasn't for him, North Korea wouldn't have bombed the island in the first place nor sunk the SKorean warship (if they did that)...

Israel & South Korea could strengthen defence ties
Good for them.

Chinese Vagueness About Korean Issues Hampers Communication

China's reluctance to call a spade a spade in matters concerning the Korean Peninsula, apparently prompted by a desire to cover for North Korea at all costs, is making communication with the emerging superpower practically impossible, diplomats complain.

They point to a near-hysterical avoidance in official Chinese statements of proper nouns associated with North Korean attacks on the South. Few statements by the Chinese government on the sinking of the Navy corvette Cheonan in March or the artillery attack on Yeonpyeong Island referred to the incidents directly, and in the UN Security Council Beijing resisted mention of the island.

Indeed.

Another N.Korean strike almost certain: analysts

North Korea may have backed down in its latest brinkmanship, but experts see another military strike on South Korea as almost inevitable as Pyongyang seeks to bolster a dynastic succession and secure aid.

And when that happens... all hell will likely break loose.

Happy Christmas to everybody... have a great time tonight!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Ok, so they do it at their southern most border. Does this display a weakness by south korea?
edit on 24/12/10 by logicalview because: apalling spelling abilities

It shows that they aren't looking to provoke the North....

Though... the thing is they are looking to do so... South Korea has said so in so many words as it is... and quite frankly... I hate what these two countries are doing to each other... North has been provoking south for years. Now South is provoking back... One of these days one one is going to retaliate and start a new Korean war... and .... it will be UGLY AS HELL... I just don't want to see a war break out over there because of the possibilities of what all could happen.... If that makes sense...

edit on 24-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Do you have a source on the show of force for tomorrow?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

North Korea tends to carry out military tests or "show of force" during Western holidays.

What? Everyone keep saying "tomorrow" as in different dates in past and nothing has happened.

Once for all, let's us enjoy our Christmas or holiday without have something in our back of mind regarding to NK/SK war.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Nah I'm just saying China support whatever the hell North Korea does. And North Korea started this whole thing by bombing the island during a South Korean exercise which they did every year for the last 19 years. They only did this because of the succession and the need to bolster Kim Jong Un image, if it wasn't for him, North Korea wouldn't have bombed the island in the first place nor sunk the SKorean warship (if they did that)...

This is true. North Korea has been the provocateur 99% of the time in the past and the attack the North pulled last month is the reason for this... But my thinking here is... I just really do not want a war to break out. Simple as that... Can you blame me? It would be ugly and brutal and we all know that....

That is why it bothers me that the South is now provoking the North... Yes, they have done these exercises for years now, but saying just that with out mentioning the fact that South Korea is STATING that they are doing these exercises here and now because they are fed up with the North and their provocations... It's not fair ( though I know you have mentioned this in the past). The South has flat out said they are doing this to intimidate and show off their might to the North and should the North decide to retaliate they will go to war...

Come on, if that is not provocation on the Souths part I don't know what is... Be fair, is all I am saying. Not one side is completely innocent here. Not at all...

As for China's involvement... I agree... There is SO much more they could be doing. They do tend to take North Korea's side for one reason or another... But I do want you to take a look at a post from this very thread. It does appear that China is starting to to help out and pressure North Korea... They need to do it a lot more, I agree... But give credit where credit is due.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or if you don't want to read the post, just read the article from the post:
www.nytimes.com...

I really do not want war to break out, and THAT is my reasons for not being happy about South Korea doing these exercises where they are.... If North Korea gets fed up and does the stupid thing and decides to retaliate. Guess who is going to rush in to help the South. The US. Then there is the potential of so many other super powers getting involved.... and even other smaller countries.... All I see coming from a war in that area... Lots of death and suffering...

I just really don't want that.... And that is why I hate to see South doing what they are doing.... I hope that makes sense... I DO agree with you, actually... It just..... sucks...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
First let me say this is the best thread for updated news on this whole crises. It beats all means of any major news presented to us on tv, etc. Very good job there. lol it is kind of like a live wikileak you dont have to wait for.

What really gets me is what good is it going to do if they all end up nuking each other? I mean outside of the death and destruction which will be both bad and sad, don't they get they will be creating a wasteland no one can use for years? What good is laying claim to property you can't use or utilize? Even the super powers behind it, be it China Russia, Usa, what good will it be to anyone? So you settled a dispute, but now what?

I just really dont understand how the means will justify the end for anybody. Am I missing something here?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't war to break out either - the citzens involved are innocent!!! The reason I try to keep track of what is occuring is because if war breaks out it will be like no other - there are nukes involved. I think its wise to stay vigilant and informed as this may end up affecting a whole lot more people than it seems at the moment. Let's not forget those in the military and the young men that are at the right age for war if there is a draft. Peace

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I don't war to break out either - the citzens involved are innocent!!! The reason I try to keep track of what is occuring is because if war breaks out it will be like no other - there are nukes involved. I think its wise to stay vigilant and informed as this may end up affecting a whole lot more people than it seems at the moment. Let's not forget those in the military and the young men that are at the right age for war if there is a draft. Peace

Exactly right... and I find myself hoping... In a strange way something that I never thought I would hope.... Which is that if North Korea does decide to strike back, they hold off on nukes and use chemical weapons.... If they launch a nuke.... It very well could trigger the worlds first nuclear war... Hopefully, if that happens, it will be a very small and short one....

There is just so much potential for this to get ugly really quickly.... and THAT again is why I hate to see the South provoking the North now.... I just... War in that area is going to blow up real big real fast and it will be horrible with a huge death toll...

I don't want that...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

First off, North Korea needs to go.
No ego here, The Chinese have even said so.... so now, Where do we stand?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

First off, North Korea needs to go.
No ego here, The Chinese have even said so.... so now, Where do we stand?

First off, they are on the way out with out any help... They are a dying government.... They don't need assistance. You watch. When Kim Jung Ill turns his power over to his younger son, they will open up a bit, eventually they will open up again and the way things are done there now, will stop. That is my prediction as for what happens with NK.

Where do we stand? We as in who? The United States? The US stands behind South Korea...

Look, something you need to understand. A war in that are won't be like a war in Iraq... No goofing around shooting a gun off every now and then.... A war in Korea will make the war in Iraq look like childs play.

We are talking of North Korea understanding that there only chance is to use their chemical weapons and possibly nuclear weapons. We are looking at a war that SEVERAL super powers would be involved in. We are talking about potential of nuclear warfare. We are talking about millions dead. We are talking about The US, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, Canada, Russia, China and god know what other countries taking sides and going at it....

I don't want that... I just hope that our governments decide that they don't want that either and quit pushing the north and south to pick on each other... because, frankly, we are talking about a war like we have not see since... Oh...1939, potentially.... If you catch my meaning.
edit on 24-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wonder if perhaps Kim were to get sicker and unable to perform his duties would it be more probable that this would ease the tensions. Has anyone read anything about his medical condition - I think we know his mental condition. I wish I knew more about his son - perhaps he wants peace (hoping).

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join