It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
US media won't really pick this up till the morning news. Its still 0520 in Washington. Wait till about 0600 to 0700. Even then, unless this escalates, there may not be much till the evening news.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
what i've been noticing is that a lot of news is started by ats the tsa los angeles missle etc its awesome

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

Originally posted by CaptSplatter

Originally posted by ajniss
i know fox and msnbc not covering this as well what is going on???

reply to post by xynephadyn

Don't you know that major news agencies are no more than fancy programming with big TV personalities. Those people are just now eating their eggs benedict. They don't care enough about anything to break their egotistical routines. There are no real breaking news agencies anymore and the ones we have just put on some more fancy graphics and keep you pacified.

if any of you ever travel to southern california, theres a little town called mission viejo. its a beautiful town-got its own lake. theres a restaurant there called pauls pantry. theyve got FANTASTIC eggs benedict and i really recommend it. call me up if you are ever in the area and we'll go together. and yes, ill pay

Best news I have heard all morning. S&F for you!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've been following this thread minute by minute, and I have to admit...

This is starting to look grim.

This world needs positivity more now than ever before, so try and project positive thoughts people.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
It seems both sides fired:

Exchange means both sides was involved, who started it?

edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

Current news sources indicate that NK started it and SK returned fire in defense. NK claims that SK fired first, of course.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Now that the South have declared harsh actions if another similar event occurs, its time North Korea either went the distance on this latest folly or shut up and go back to its corner.

So, whats their intentions this time?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Foreign secretary William Hague says the UK 'strongly condemns North Korea's unprovoked attack on South Korea'.

~ Sky News, 10.25 GMT

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by haaat

I did not know that. If what they are saying over twitter is true, this looks like it may get alot worse. Hopefully this dosent happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Live BBC just reported S Korea president and key members of govt have been moved to bunkers and there has also been a small run on Asian based banks due to rising tensions in the area.....not looking good so far

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Reading Twitter:

ALERT: North Korea is reportedly vowing additional "merciless" attacks against South Korea soon.

[Rumour] NORTH KOREA is awaiting NIGHTFALL to strike massive attack on SOUTH KOREA, most likely SEOUL.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well, this is certainly the best news to wake up to!

Kidding aside, this looks serious...I certainly hope things don' escalate because if they do the people who will suffer even more will be the North Korean people, and they don't really need any more suffering.

God, if he does exist please don't allow things to escalate further.

link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Originally posted by oozyism
It seems both sides fired:

Exchange means both sides was involved, who started it?

edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

Current news sources indicate that NK started it and SK returned fire in defense. NK claims that SK fired first, of course.

It's a test.

US failure to strongly punish N-Korea is a thumbs up in Russia and China.

They will slowly increase pressure on India (the last US ally in the region), and next US.

link   
reply to post by Clisen33

omg who knew all of those doom threads weve been reading all month might be actually coming to a head

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

[Rumour] NORTH KOREA is awaiting NIGHTFALL to strike massive attack on SOUTH KOREA, most likely SEOUL.

FFS.

Do we really need made up crap in this thread? We've only just got rid of the volcano people...

link   
Update at 10:33 GMT:

1030:Tomohiko Taniguchi, Japanese ex-foreign affairs spokesman tells BBC World Service: "Diplomacy has got to stop. The six-party dialogue framework is already history - that much is for certain."
He says pressure will mount on China to get tougher on North Korea.

1025: Junie in Seoul tweets: "Let's pray for Korea. It's all over TV now and my first time feeling that Korea is still technically at war. Hope everything turns out alright." Read Junie Juju's tweets

1023:The BBC's John Sudworth in Seoul says there has been no sense of panic in the capital, although there are some signs of concern on financial markets.

Watch the latest TV footage from the scene

1019: British Foreign Secretary William Hague says: "The UK strongly condemns North Korea's unprovoked attack... We strongly urge North Korea to refrain from such attacks and adhere to the Korean Armistice agreement."

1015: Jackson in South Korea says there is fear here. I live in Suwon. Most of the teachers I work with see it as a sign of war. Some are scared and are waiting for their recruiters to call them and tell them to get out of the country.

1010: Jasper Kim of Seoul National University tells BBC World Service: "It's a classic pattern from North Korea of sabre rattling. [North Korea is] trying to lure South Korea and its allies into some sort of larger skirmish, and the reason they want that is ultimately for bargaining power at the negotiating table."

1009: North Korea claims that South Korea fired first in Tuesday's clash, North Korean state media reports.

1006: Keir Thomas tweets: "I am an English ESL teacher in Ulsan, South Korea. My kids came into class today in a gloomy mood. Pretty downbeat." Read Keir Thomas' tweets

1000: Russia's defence ministry tells Interfax that "the ministry is closely following the recent escalation of tension on the Korean Peninsula. However, no decision to put units of the Eastern Military District on high alert has been taken".

Oozyism, you can't be racist towards a religeon
oh and its not a test of anything
edit on 23/11/10 by woogleuk because: Dotted an uppercase i

link   
reply to post by vox2442

the volcano people

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
sorry if this has been posted

live updates/blog from Korea on bbc site

news.bbc.co.uk...

link   
reply to post by Clisen33

If they attack Seoul in any way, EDIT : MOAB the capital instead... no radiation...

South Korea is a great country full of great people. We need to defend it whatever the cost.

North Korea is full of brainwashed crazies run by crazies with support from China. China will never accept any change in North Korea because it would cause them trouble... So China will let North Korea have hundreds of nukes if they want to. They'll let hundreds of thousands die of hunger if it's needed to keep the status quo.

Just MOAB the North Korean capital and then bomb the DMZ with crates of food.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by vox2442

It's all over twitter, at least there's more facts on there than about a volcano...

link   
Statement from the Philippine Government:

Statement of the Department of Foreign Affairs regarding the November 23, 2010 exchange of fire between North and South Korea

[November 23, 2010]

The Philippine Embassy in Seoul is closely monitoring developments in South Korea following the recent exchange of artillery fire in the West Sea border. The Embassy has contacted Filipino community residents near the area of conflict and advised them to keep abreast of developments; keep communication lines open; and contact the Embassy hotline immediately in case of need.

There are some 60,000 Filipinos in South Korea.

www.gov.ph...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join