It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
considering south korea is not backing down, I think north korea is not backing down either. I know war is going to happen, but I am primarily concerned about nuclear warfare. I know this is a oxymoronic statement, but how responsible is north korea with nuclear weapons ? Would they be willing enough to drop some on US or south korean cities?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I think it would not be a stretch to say China would support NK behind closed doors and then when it came down to it deceive them, spearhead and occupy a new buffer of the Northlands bordering China. If it went wrong in the future look out Taiwan (fog of war).

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

According to military analysts, they will only use nukes if they are invaded. So... yeah.

But their nukes are nothing compared to the real danger of their chemical weapons.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I know this is a oxymoronic statement, but how responsible is north korea with nuclear weapons ?

Thanks for making me spit my coffee through my nose there!!!! Really

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
considering south korea is not backing down, I think north korea is not backing down either. I know war is going to happen, but I am primarily concerned about nuclear warfare. I know this is a oxymoronic statement, but how responsible is north korea with nuclear weapons ? Would they be willing enough to drop some on US or south korean cities?

NK do not have any ICBMs so no threat of US cities being struck.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Fox news just had a 1 min. report on this...

Just because N. Korea is talking big does not mean they will do anything.

I have a hunch N. Korea will stand down..

The island they are going to have the live fire drills on is not contested...

It is S. korea land N. korea should not have a problem about this....

N. Korea does live fire drills on their lslands/land, so why would they have a cow about S. korea doing it?

This is not contested waters.

Also when japan was nukes (which is right over there) nuclear fallout did not travel here......

So i doubt if nk was nuked the fallout would be that far 'just sayin.
edit on 19-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-12-2010 by all2human because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

They have submarines. A lot of submarines...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil

Originally posted by fordrew

NK do not have any ICBMs so no threat of US cities being struck.

NK still has air power.

BY THE WAY, it has been said that the drills will begin "as early as 11:00am korean time. "

Here is the current time in Korea:
10:18am Monday (KST) - Time in Seoul, South Korea

source:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=ArYNhQRarCUU8dKbmeopFDms0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'NmZjlkZGQyBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMjIwL2FzX 2tvcmVhc19jbGFzaARjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzIEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA3Nrb3JlYXRvY29uZA--
edit on 19-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

SK is already having a cow about the drills being conducted on the island - they are just waiting so they can say SK fired their way and there ya go. With live drills who will know whether it happened or now - it makes a great escapegoat for Kim to do what he wants.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Well...N Korea blame the US for this...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Thanks for the time - was just going to look that up. 40 plus minutes.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Anxiety over war fears sends most share prices lower in Monday morning trading in Seoul. #Koreas less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Well duh.

N. Korea to speed up power succession amid fears of conflict: experts
This is from EXPERTS not North Korea itself.

Even if this calms down, North Korea is set to test a nuke on April 15.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

The island they are going to have the live fire drills on is not contested...

It is S. korea land N. korea should not have a problem about this....

N. Korea does live fire drills on their lslands/land, so why would they have a cow about S. korea doing it?

This is not contested waters.

The North considers all the waters around Yeongpyeong and four other nearby islands to be its territory. The government has promised to respond fiercely if the South fires into those waters, no matter which direction the guns aim. About two dozen United States military personnel are expected to take part in the artillery drill, in support roles and as observers. The North said the Americans were being used as a “human shield.

source

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by fordrew

Well...N Korea blame the US for this...

bleh of course NK is going to blame the US for this. Personally I think it is the US's fault just because of their stupid "no commie" policy...

it is known that communist set up government is 100% likely to fail at some point. I do not understand why US hates commie countries but I think that US is in a way trying to stop this failure that will happen at some point.. OR US is using it as a scapegoat. Whatever the reason is, it is killing soldiers and civilians for no reason. So what let the communist country take over south korea. People will be so unhappy at some point the country will sort itself out and democracy will come out.

US or the media makes it seem that the US wants to attack Iran so bad but they are a sovereign Democratic country. It is all a big mess and who knows if we will all see a peaceful end to this. Nuclear weapons and fallout will destroy the earth else-wise in the coming weeks/months/years.
edit on 19-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

If N. Korea would just chill out I don't think they would have a problem....

The only thing Kim jong il loves is his position and power...

I understand he will do anything to keep it and pass it on to his family...

I just don't see Kim jong il risking his *legacy* over something this dumb...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
On a lighter note, the North will never beat the south. Not when the south has Jedi in it's ranks.

edit on 19/12/10 by Morgil because: grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
well, NK have been talking big for decades. It's time for them to put up or shut up. Unfortunately for the people of NK their backwards leader has pretty much ensured it will end badly for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
At the Jedi...

North Korea says situation could 'explode' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

FLASH: S.Korea military drill likely to take place between 11 a.m. (0200 GMT) and noon - Yonhap quotes sources 2 minutes ago via web

9PM ET (6 min. left) and 10PM ET (1h06 left)

And in unrelated news... the Senate just passed S510... everyone voted for it.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why are people giving so much credit to North Korea? They basically have no electrical power structure, no nutritional food sources, one country that they think will back them up but won't when conflict occurs (China), and their army consists of millions of people who hate their country and their leader. *They put on a show about how much they love Lil Kimmy but that is just so they and their families aren't sent to concentration camps.... It would be as if the Nazi's had control of a 3rd world nation and an army of enslaved jews.

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join