It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hahaha New Zealand!?

As if..... That seems really preposterous

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Hahaha New Zealand!?

As if..... That seems really preposterous

The carrier groups are not there for North Korea... they are there for New Zealand! Those hobbits are gonna pay!

And now that guy from Webbot says that the Korean war will go hot again and it'll be WW3 with a false-flag...
We are safe then!

UPDATE : On the grand chessboard...
China Offered Kyrgyzstan 3 BILLION To Shut Down US Base
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just thinking about what's going on behind closed doors in NK.

Has anyone considered the possibility that this is actually some sort of military coup with fear of Kim Jong-Il's heir about to take over? The military could well be acting (possibly under influence of US intelligence) independently and effectively against the will of the regime. Far fetched, but who knows?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by infinite

I don't think anything too provocative will be said but also i don't think there's any chance of him agreeing with the Chinese. They basically said a flat "No" today.

S. Korea effectively rejects China's offer to resume six-party talks

edit on 11/28/2010 by jonny2410 because: (no reason given)

JUST GOT A VIRUS WARNING OF 22 POSSIBLE PROBLEMS ON YOUR SOURSE SITE

link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
reply to post by infinite

I don't think anything too provocative will be said but also i don't think there's any chance of him agreeing with the Chinese. They basically said a flat "No" today.

S. Korea effectively rejects China's offer to resume six-party talks

JUST GOT A VIRUS WARNING OF 22 POSSIBLE PROBLEMS ON YOUR SOURCE SITE

link   
Bit more detail...

The North moved SA-2 surface-to-air missiles with a range of about 30 km to the coast and placed surface-to-ship missiles with ranges between 83 and 100 km on launch pads on the western coast. Mig-23 fighters are on standby at Hwangju Air Base.

The Eighth Navy Combat Fleet in the West Sea and South Hwanghae Province are in a virtual state of war.

One propaganda outlet said, "The Korean Peninsula is in the highest state of war. We're fully prepared to deal with things even more powerful than the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier."

Link

Interesting... I think everything will be fine and pass except if nerves get to one side. One trigger being pulled could lead to war in minutes.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

S.Korea to consider "very carefully" China's talks suggestion

Thats good news. I'm certain this is what S. Korean president's speech will be about

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

www.reuters.com...

S.Korea to consider "very carefully" China's talks suggestion

Thats good news. I'm certain this is what S. Korean president's speech will be about

We talked about this about 12+ hours ago... in fact, SKorea rejected China's offer.

Maybe they changed their mind since then, we'll see in 20 minutes.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah I know, however the news seems to be saying they are re-considering.... unless they are behind the game?

I guess we will know soon

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The speech have started...

Also interesting news from wikileaks...

Wikileaks: US, South Korea discussed how to get China onside with unified, pro-Western Korea (after NKorea collapse): nyti.ms... about 7 hours ago via web

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

# Ended by saying that DPRK will pay the price for further provocations. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

# The speech has ended. (That's it?) half a minute ago via TweetDeck

# Pres. Lee: #ROK nation and people need to stand united for national security. #Koreas 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Lee: Difficult to expect #DPRK will abandon nuclear weapons, stop brinkmanship. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Pres. Lee says he feels responsible for not being able to protect S. Korean civilians from the DPRK's artillery attack. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Pres. Lee calls last Tuesday's atack inhumane. #Koreas 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# #ROK President Lee addressing the nation live on TV. #Koreas 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Well that speech was fail! As much as the Chinese press briefing... HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What the hell do these leaders expect to achieve through these flimsy pathetic speeches?

Same old banter about the same old stuff. It doesn't help anything!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
so now is calm ..good to hear this
let's concentrate on Wiki

link   

I know - second line but - speechless
- what was that??? walks away shaking head - time for a drink
edit on 28-11-2010 by Anmarie96 because: spelling because of confusion -

link   

What the hell do these leaders expect to achieve through these flimsy pathetic speeches?

Same old banter about the same old stuff. It doesn't help anything!

Yep. Didn't say if SK was considering peace talks... or if there was to be any retaliation... pathetic. So basically he said nothing. Nice.

Next event : North Korean delegation arriving in Beijing in about 24 hours.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

N.Korea 'Has 180,000 Special Forces Ready to Cross into South'

North Korea operates 40,000 special forces troops, including the 11th or "Storm" Corps whose mission is to infiltrate South Korea and create havoc in case of war. It also has around 10,000 naval special forces and around 5,000 air force soldiers who can cross the border if a war breaks out.

The figures were revealed in a speech by former South Korean commander of special operations Kim Yun-suk to fellow veterans at the War Memorial in Seoul.

Kim said the Storm Corps, which has been trained to stir up confusion behind enemy lines, is composed of four light infantry, seven airborne and three sniper brigades. And the 4th Corps special forces, stationed on the Ongjin Peninsula close to South Korea's Baeknyeong Islands in the West Sea, consists of 600 scout troops, 600 naval reconnaissance soldiers and around 1,800 naval forces.

More here:

english.chosun.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Basically he just confirmed what we all knew - If NK attacks again it's war.

Hence why i believe this time North Korea will back down and keep their head down for a while now.

I would be amazed if anything happened.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Ya. Thats it for me, I'm convinced nothings going to happen. Same old crap different day from this lot.. give it another 3 months before N. Korea does something stupid and then nothing...

I bet south Koreans are reeling after that speech. They deserve more than that.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by jonny2410

Ya. Thats it for me, I'm convinced nothings going to happen. Same old crap different day from this lot.. give it another 3 months before N. Korea does something stupid and then nothing...

I bet south Koreans are reeling after that speech. They deserve more than that.

3 months? I give it 3 weeks.

South Korea's exercise that triggered North Korean shelling of the island will be done again in the NLL in mid-december.

North Korea will bomb the area again, especially with the weak response the SK showed.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ummmm..the l;ast 100 posts ive had on here has been telling everyone NOTHING would come of this.

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join