It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 107
358
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by quietone77

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by backinblack
Must be pretty darn important war games to risk real war over..
I don't care whose fault it is, the smart thing to do would be to call off the games or move them away a little..


I think conducting a pre-planned millitary drill and NOT ATTACKING north korea is a pretty nice response to NORTH KOREA MURDERING SOUTH KOREANS for no reason. A war drill seems really nice to utterly wiping them out...


Considering what's at stake, I think it an entirely appropriate response. Do you seriously advocate for millions dead a viable response to an artillery skirmish?


what would you think europe or the united states or russia would do if it were shelled by its neighbour? ask them nicely to stop doing that or what?




posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic
 



I think conducting a pre-planned millitary drill and NOT ATTACKING north korea is a pretty nice response to NORTH KOREA MURDERING SOUTH KOREANS for no reason. A war drill seems really nice to utterly wiping them out...


Ohh sorry, you'd rather explain to your gandchildren in 50 years how WW111 was started due to War Games??

Great, we're doomed..



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's 4pm in Beijing any word on the announcement? I'm looking.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by thecinic
 



I think conducting a pre-planned millitary drill and NOT ATTACKING north korea is a pretty nice response to NORTH KOREA MURDERING SOUTH KOREANS for no reason. A war drill seems really nice to utterly wiping them out...


Ohh sorry, you'd rather explain to your gandchildren in 50 years how WW111 was started due to War Games??

Great, we're doomed..


Here we go again blame the US, Uphold the true Aggressor.

Im sure glad your not president if NK could attack the US mainland and did you would bow to them . IF NK killed four americans you would prob kiss lil kim's feet.

I guess Kim can fire all he wants and kill anyone he wants because we dont wanna start a war. So he has free reign to do as he wishes.

Nice world you live in.

edit on 28-11-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
It's 4pm in Beijing any word on the announcement? I'm looking.

It was pushed back to 4.30PM.... so right about now. Shouldn't be long now.

A few more news...

Damage assessed at US$4.3 mln from N.K. attack on island, gov't pushes for compensation
Gov't pushes for compensation? From North Korea? Hahahahaha... What's next... pay us back or it's war?


(3rd LD) S. Korean president calls for China's role in reining in N. Korea
Which people have been doing now since this started....

UPDATE : S. Korean artillery mistakenly fired on DMZ
That could have started a war... FAIL.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So the whole hype about the ``urgent statement`` was BS... hahaaha.

Chinese idea :

For Ministry announcing "proposal from Chinese side": to have emergency consultations among the heads of 6 parties in December in Beijing 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck


This is ridiculous. You think the US and SK will agree to just do more nuclear talks with North Korea now?



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So the whole hype about the ``urgent statement`` was BS... hahaaha.

Chinese idea :

For Ministry announcing "proposal from Chinese side": to have emergency consultations among the heads of 6 parties in December in Beijing 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck


This is ridiculous. You think the US and SK will agree to just do more nuclear talks with North Korea now?


I think its pretty safe to say China is gonna be useless in resolving this situation.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010
 


Well at least China is trying, but why December? They need to talk now.


edit on 28-11-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by ker2010
 


Well at least China is trying, but why December? They need to talk now.


edit on 28-11-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)



They probably want time for things to cool down a bit, right now is very emotional especially for the South Koreans. They are seeing red and the general population is pissed the response to NK wasnt harsher.
edit on 28-11-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010
 


Yes that seems to be the case according to Yonhap:

(URGENT) Pres. Lee made clear to Chinese official resumption of six-way talks "not timely": Cheong Wa Dae

Ok... So now what?



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent
 


IMO as long as NK doesnt do anything else stupid i think this will blow over like all the prior incidents.

BUT i think SK will make it very clear one more attack of any kind and its really on .



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by ker2010
 


Well at least China is trying, but why December? They need to talk now.


edit on 28-11-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)


Doing talks with North Korea would only give them the message... ``Attack us and we'll do whatever you want and China will back you up``.

Because this is what is happening. Attack us and we'll talk and give you food... and you'll continue expanding your nuclear arsenal.

If North Korea wants talks and food, they need to stop their nuclear program.... China is saying that it's ``alright`` if North Korea did this and they can have talks anyway.

China is basically BACKING NORTH KOREA with that statement.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by ker2010
 


Well at least China is trying, but why December? They need to talk now.


edit on 28-11-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)


Doing talks with North Korea would only give them the message... ``Attack us and we'll do whatever you want and China will back you up``.

Because this is what is happening. Attack us and we'll talk and give you food... and you'll continue expanding your nuclear arsenal.

If North Korea wants talks and food, they need to stop their nuclear program.... China is saying that it's ``alright`` if North Korea did this and they can have talks anyway.

China is basically BACKING NORTH KOREA with that statement.


Yes like i said i think China is gonna be useless in dealing with this situation. They wanna appear to not take sides but in doing this are actually catering to NK.

How i would handle this would be to make it VERY CLEAR that SK/US will not give in to any demands from NK. This is their last strike and one more unprovoked attack will be 100% guaranteed to be met with the upmost force.
edit on 28-11-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010
 


Yep. China is effectively backing the North. Doing so means they are not restraining them, meaning this could lead us to war.

Now remember this from a week ago..
U.S. envoy says six-party talks on N Korea won't resume

You think they will more resume NOW? I don't think so.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by ker2010
 


Yes that seems to be the case according to Yonhap:

(URGENT) Pres. Lee made clear to Chinese official resumption of six-way talks "not timely": Cheong Wa Dae

Ok... So now what?



i like that response. very professional to say tis 'not timely'.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty
 


Yonhap


SEOUL, Nov. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korean President Lee Myung-bak told a visiting senior Chinese official that Seoul was not interested in the early resumption of the six-party talks over North Korea's nuclear program as it is more urgent to deal with Pyongyang's belligerence, Lee's office Cheong Wa Dae said.

In a meeting with Lee earlier in the day, Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo raised resuming the long-stalled nuclear talks that it chairs, according to senior presidential secretary for public affairs Hong Sang-pyo.



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by ker2010
 


Yep. China is effectively backing the North. Doing so means they are not restraining them, meaning this could lead us to war.

Now remember this from a week ago..
U.S. envoy says six-party talks on N Korea won't resume

You think they will more resume NOW? I don't think so.


The simple fact is the ball is in NK court. How this plays out all depends if they are ballsy or crazy enough to carry out further attacks . I think NK has finally pushed one time to many and any further escalation from them can not be tolerated. SK has took all it can and has to defend itself from this point on.

I however just cant see China backing NK militarily. Things are going so good for them right now as a country. They would have to be crazy to risk losing all their progress over some half crazed tyrant who is providing them with nothing. Furthermore they will lose in worldwide opinion if they back NK if NK actually attacks again.

I think the smartest thing for China to do is stay neutral, lil kim isnt worth the headaches.
edit on 28-11-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
More news...


Fox news : South Korea monitoring possible surface to surface missile's being put into launch configuration in North Korea.

"The military is preparing for the possibility of further provocations as the North Korean military has deployed firepower near the NLL and is preparing to fire,"

Is North Korea stupid enough to launch a missile over Japan again or some BS like that? Me thinks yes.
edit on 28-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xalaran

Originally posted by quietone77

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by backinblack
Must be pretty darn important war games to risk real war over..
I don't care whose fault it is, the smart thing to do would be to call off the games or move them away a little..


I think conducting a pre-planned millitary drill and NOT ATTACKING north korea is a pretty nice response to NORTH KOREA MURDERING SOUTH KOREANS for no reason. A war drill seems really nice to utterly wiping them out...


Considering what's at stake, I think it an entirely appropriate response. Do you seriously advocate for millions dead a viable response to an artillery skirmish?


what would you think europe or the united states or russia would do if it were shelled by its neighbour? ask them nicely to stop doing that or what?


You're comparing apples to oranges, friend. Hard to say what another country would do...bit it is obvious it's some kind of attention getting scheme in this instance.

Unles you figure it's tactically sound to attract a carrier to the area if you intend to start a war


I think this approach is correct...you can't bargain with a blackmailer, it just encourages others to blackmail you.

These countries are AT WAR, there was a limited skirmish, and I'm pretty sure everybody realizes the consequences of escalation. The whole Korea is a diplomatic quagmire for uncountable reasons, and some sort of permanent peace is required. These skirmishes have been going on for 50 years, and will continue until the parties sit down and negotiate peace.

Do you seriously think a military response is an option?



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
When i woke up this morning i did not expect this situation to still be getting worse.

I am just glad no more lives have been lost but, realistically, for how long?



DPRK radio: Conflict might erupt in Yellow Sea anytime because of NLL issue and "ceaseless provocation of the south Korean puppet group."




#DPRK radio broadcast reiterates NLL maritime boundary is illegal because unilaterally drawn by US. #Koreas




DPRK "National Peace Committee": US-ROK joint exercise attempt to trigger war against N. Korea, sending peninsula into an "ultra-emergency."


edit on 11/28/2010 by jonny2410 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
358
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

log in

join