It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama voters what did "hope and change" mean to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm pretty well up front about my political point of view here as conservative right,I tend to defend repubs;libertarians and and teaparty ideals.

Honestly the battle cry: "Hope and change turned me off because of the shallow ambiguous(subjective)political meaning. No one asked: change "FROM what to what"?or hope" FOR what?". Every supporter seemed to think their idea of "hope and change" was valid. Though I believe they were different to each person.You can "change" your socks;you can change a form of government; you can change all the "Bad things"( equally amorphous words) about the swamp we call D.C.you have change in your pocket.

Some people need hope for "better days"( very subjective) some people "hope" for revolution some even hope for the dismembering of the constitution and dissolution of the United states. I would be interested to know what each of you thought "hope and change" meant to you and why you were convinced the speaker shared your interpretation of those two highly subjective words.

Because I'm not looking for a debate and I believe I've made my view perfectly clear I'll stay out of it. The floor is yours:
edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: structure

new topics

join