It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

usnews: TSA promises "No cavity searches"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Somebodies listening now the TSA has come out and"promised " no cavity searches.
(Us news and world report)

Washington Whispers
TSA Promise: No Cavity Searches

By Paul Bedard

Posted: November 22, 2010
Print

The flying public has won a small victory in the fight over airport pat downs and more intrusive searches with the Transportation Security Agency: For now, the agency isn't planning to take the next step toward body cavity searches. "We're not going to get in the business of body cavities, that's not where we are," says TSA Administrator John Pistole.

Continuing a P.R. offensive today, he told reporters that there are ways to detect explosives in a body cavity other than a strip search. "Even if it is a body cavity [bomb], you still have to have an initiator, you have to have some external device to cause that initiation," he said. "There's got to be something external that you can then initiate the device and that's what the advance imaging technology machine will pick up: Any anomaly outside of the body."

more @:
politics.usnews.com...

edit on 22-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It seems utterly superfluous to me that the TSA would need to issue such a statement when all that is or was at issue is pat searches through clothing!

One of the trends that scares me most about society these days is our propensity towards hyperbole and going to absolute extremes when confronted with even the least bit of change.

Though politically this does make a bit of sense... It does prevent even more hyperbolic fantasy from filling our newscasts, inboxes, and ATS threads.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

They will still use pat searches.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
guilty of "hyperbole" as charged.

I posted the thread on the mobile checkpoint trailers ; inside they appear to be demonstrating a no-touch behavioral lie detector.

Much as I dislike it: if extremist of any flavor: peta; aclu; pta soccer moms against fritos; started blowing themselves up in sport stadiums here; I can see where this "event security" would come into its own. and answering 3 or 4 innocuous questions in an entrapment area is entirely reasonable.

I think the reason the "pat downs" raised so much ire is the belligerent attitude:" You can "opt out but We'll make it so humiliating you'll beg for the scanners to come back".

Napolitano insists we cooperate and become partners in security", "or else". Buzzzzz Wrong answer, thanks for playing!.
What do we have for ms. Napolitano ;Johhny? Well she'll win her place in the history book as "big sister" and have a career filled with resistance and controversy. Handily beating our former winner Janet Reno and her contribution to history of pictures of an mp5 submachine gun thrust into the face of 6 year old immigrant Elian Gonzalez and a burning waco compound.
edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: added.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I starred your posts and want to clarify that I did not infer that you were being hyperbolic. It was more an observation of the media frenzy regarding this issue.

For me the question, when I see a whole lot of movement, fireworks, and bright lights, is to ask "Who's behind the curtain?"

When it comes to politics and political issues, I treat it like watching an illusionist... I never look at what I am being directed or tricked into looking at. My nature leads me to try and figure out how the illusion is being performed.

This whole TSA issue leaves me wondering what the magicians other hand is up to.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

thanks
Me thinks we think congruently...
that left hand is sneaking up your kilt; for a free handful of crunch berries".lol:

:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I wonder how true this statement is? I am no chemist, but couldnt you take a pill that would cause an acid buildup in the body and the acid could deteroriate a thin skinned explosive and set it off?? Like when two wires disconnect and cause a spark to see off a charge of some kind???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Its like boiling the frog, it will not notice if you just rise up the temps slowly.

See how they are coming out, oh we are not going to do cavity searches, lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
what if someone WANTS a cavity search? what then?

CX

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
If a mobile phone can pick up a signal inside a room from miles away, whats to stop a mobile phone initiated device going off inside someones body? Doesn't take an outside device on the body to detonate that.

Oh well, at least they have promised not to do cavity searches. I especially take faith in the words, "For now".

CX.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Wasnt there a thread on here saying that you are going to want to buy a RFID chip/card?
Is this what they had in mind?

new topics

top topics

join