It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TSA is Microwaving our JUNK !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Why do you think they call it a Millimeter Wave machine?

Because the real definition of an electromagnetic wave with a length measured between a tenth of a millimeter and one centimeter is commonly called a MICROWAVE.

www.sir-ray.com...

So do you want your JUNK X-RAYED OR MICROWAVED?

Now it all makes sense.

Check out Wikipedia section called "Possible Health Effects"

en.wikipedia.org...

No wonder why Congress won't submit.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: spelled Congress wrong

edit on 22-11-2010 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: changed word perion to length because of initial stupidity

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Great thread, S & F
would like to add the other side of the story just to help your thread get going - not that this represents my opinion.

"The dose to the testes from chest x rays is so small that it cannot be detected with ordinary instruments. It is far less than the average American receives in a day from unavoidable natural environmental radiation. There is no conclusive evidence of a genetic effect of radiation (even in high doses) in humans. Therefore, you should not be concerned about conceiving a child after chest x rays.

S. Julian Gibbs, PhD, DDS"

However IMO we get things wrong all the time, and while this exposure may not cause damage that is immediatly apparent, as these things become more and more common and we are exposed more often I think over time we will see damage to DNA and other health effects that can be hard to spot. Also would like to add I realise the difference between X-rays and microwaves is wavelength and feel that because xrays often require you to cover your testies with the protective plate that your point of how dangerous microwaves could be to reproduction is very valid.

edit on 22-11-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You get a miniscule amount of radiation from a TSA scanner, roughly 0.02 microsieverts, whereas you'll get 5 microsieverts per hour of flight on an average ride.

You can't NOT get radiation, you get it from everything.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Experts on both side of the issues, but check out wikipedia's possible health concerns section in the link that I posted. Microwaves, can "unzip" your DNA. Unzipped DNA will lead to Cancer.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Good bye Herpes

Hello Radiation burns.

But seriously, you dont get enough of dose of T-ray radiation to have an effect. Its actually safer than xrays, thats why the same technology is becoming more widely used in medicine and dentistry

edit on 22/11/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

You get a miniscule amount of radiation from a TSA scanner, roughly 0.02 microsieverts, whereas you'll get 5 microsieverts per hour of flight on an average ride.

Why the bother with lead vests at the hospital when getting X-rays then? Why the medical opinion to avoid exposure to X-rays as possibly cancer causing? If this radiation has been here bombarding us from the get go then why the attempt to prevent it with lead vests?

To penetrate and view sub layer tissues or artifacts in the human body, it HAS to penetrate it, therefor it is entering your body.

Here is a question then, IF this apparent same radiation they are shooting at you in the "machines" is ever so present all throughout our atmosphere/world bombarding us, then why is there a need for a machine to reproduce what is apparently already there?

Id say they need a machine because its NOT the same type of stuff.

Something about it doesn't make sense to me. I'll try to read up more on the specifics of the radiation though before I am sure of anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Oh Yeah, Mr Obama Avatar.

Maybe people here would be interested to know that they are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than to be killed by a terrorist.

Maybe some people want un-necessary scrambing of the DNA, but I do not.

And the fact, that the TSA won't call it for what it is, which is a MICROWAVE machine, is proof positive that the government has once again lied to the American people.

Those who would sacrafice liberty for security, deserve neither.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They are sterlizing us every so slowly.
Good bye children I was to have.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Google Rocky Flats Gear. Its some colorado inventor who made underpants with radiation blocking, Tungsten fig leaves that cover your "junk".

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Scientists are saying that the scanners bombard you with 10-15 times more radiation than what the TSA is telling us.

Lets see.. thats about 3 microsieverts every time you go through the new TSA scanners.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Can I by pass all the fuss if I show up in this?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Where can I find the guy who recorded the TSA for touching his 'junk' because I want to personally thump him in the nose for starting a trend that is now becoming tediously annoying.

Stop saying JUNK... Gahhh!!!!

And as it's been mentioned in every thread that brings up the radiation, you get more in a good dose of sunlight than you would from these things.

I don't like this ride.. I wanna get off now...

top topics

join