It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge explosion that shook my house, no reports on the local news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
so i was up late at night (3am to be exact) a few weeks ago browsing the net as i normally do on a sunday night. just when i sign off my laptop i see out of the corner of my eye through the blinds i see a bright flash. it lasted maybe 4-5 seconds and made the sky turn into daylight (well maybe as bright as say, dawn/early morning sunrise). and then right before the flash ended, i heard a huge BOOOOOOOOOOM. think of a skyrocket at a fourth of july fireworks show 10 fold. my windows shook and my house rocked like a 2-4 magnitude quake would rock a house (i'm sure L.A and S.F. Bay. people know what i mean). the windows rattled extremely loud, enough to wake up my brother in the next room only to be followed shortly by another boom that was much weaker and sounded not so different from a dynamite blast. i went outside and chain smoked a pack of camel filters and didn't hear one police/ambulance/firetruck siren that night and the direction i believe the flash came from i saw no smoke, mushroom cloud, or whatever else might come from a huge explosion.

he heard me yelling "holy S---!!!!! wtf was that?!!!" he asked what i was talking about and he thought the windows just rattled from the usual med chopper landing atop the hospital here in town. i live in a small town in san joaquin county california. i assured my brother it was no helicopter. the (what i believe to be) blast happened last sunday the 14th if i'm not mistaken. i told everybody i knew and asked if they heard or seen anything like i described and all i got was a friend saying they heard a bang which im assuming must have been the 2nd blast.

i'm positive this was not thunder and lightning. miles down the highway in the town of Elk Grove there are a pair of HUGE propane tanks that are always used as terror target propaganda on the local news every year. it was so loud and bright my initial thought was perhaps somebody finally got to the tanks.

i've waited and waited until today to post this here because i was certain the local news would have found something and reported it, but alas, i have not even read or seen a paragraph in any news articles locally or on the web. NOBODY else i have asked about this says they heard anything or felt anything that sounded or felt like a blast or earthquake. is there anybody in this area who can help me to confirm something exploded? nobody seems to know anything other than the weaker (dynamite sounding) blast that everybody keeps saying was probably a blown out tire on the highway.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Could have been a sonic boom. Do you live near any AF bases or Naval air stations?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Maybe it was a transformer exploding on it's own, or maybe it was an earthquake causing a transformer to explode?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

could it have been this?

Lights out in stockton (The Stockton Record) posted on November 13, 2010 at 09:11:32 am STOCKTON - An explosion and fire at an electrical substation caused a widespread power outage throughout northwest Stockton starting about 8:30 p.m. Friday that was described as a "catastrophic failure" expected to last well into the morning. Transformer fire causes power outage in Stockton (News10 Sacramento) posted on November 13, 2010 at 07:56:04 am STOCKTON, Calif. - More than 12-thousand PG&E customers without power due to a transformer fire at a Stockton substation.

Link to story

edit on 11/22/2010 by SpaceJ because: Added link

new topics

top topics

join