It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Theory For Homosexuality

page: 3
1
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by sceptical me
 


Well reincarnation is supposed to be a "learning" experience, correct? Well at least I think so. Perhaps men in women bodies and vice versa maybe didn't learn a lesson or need to learn one this time around? Its quite a bit of stretch, but you started it!


Exactly.....It won't be long now till Fred Phelps is a drag queen prostitute on 3rd Ave. NYC.




posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Your theory has merits based on the reincarnation theory but that doesn't explain it fully. If we follow your logic, how would you explain an animal to human crossover? if you follow the same logic, humans would be doing their past animal behavior subconsciously.

I don't fully buy into your theory though. Male and Female are polar opposites. If the male and female bodies were to be in limbo, you would be dealing with a hermaphroditic being. I feel a man remains a man, while the woman remains a woman if reincarnation exists. These are inherit traits that manifest through spiritual matters. A male spirit stays male and a female spirit stays female.



posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisingPhoenix33
Your theory has merits based on the reincarnation theory but that doesn't explain it fully. If we follow your logic, how would you explain an animal to human crossover? if you follow the same logic, humans would be doing their past animal behavior subconsciously.

I don't fully buy into your theory though. Male and Female are polar opposites. If the male and female bodies were to be in limbo, you would be dealing with a hermaphroditic being. I feel a man remains a man, while the woman remains a woman if reincarnation exists. These are inherit traits that manifest through spiritual matters. A male spirit stays male and a female spirit stays female.


As I have posted earlier, I don't buy into the animal/human crossover.

Personally, I think that our souls, if they were to exist, would be hermaphroditic, that is able to express their female side or their male side. I am not suggesting that there is always gender confusion, merely that it may occur and could therefore account for homosexuality. This may also explain bisexuality, where there is a much lower soul memory of the past life.



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sceptical me
How many times have you heard gays or lesbians say that they feel they are born into the wrong bodies?


I have never heard that. I have known a lot of gay people and they have never said anything like that to me. They didn't feel that anything was wrong or out-of-sorts with them and their bodies.

My thoughts on this: If we're going to explore a theory for homosexuality, it might help to first look at the theory for heterosexuality and then extrapolate from that.

Heterosexuality is clearly for procreation. The reason straight people are attracted to the opposite sex is for propagation of the species. Perhaps the reason people are gay is for just the opposite reason... population control?

It would make sense that a population full of breeding pairs, where everyone was heterosexual, would spin out of control in pretty short order. Perhaps our species, as an entity of its own, is aware enough to inject the right amount of non-breeding pairs into the mix to keep the population from spinning out. Maybe as time goes by, and the population rises, there will be more and more gay people until the population starts coming under control, then their numbers will decrease, and breeding pairs will be on the rise again...
edit on 11/24/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sceptical me
 


Interesting thought, I would just question how the soul is assimilating during the time of birth to puberty, or before any sexual awareness happens.



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the reincarnation for the masses theory is ridiculous



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sceptical me

Think about it. How many times have you heard gays or lesbians say that they feel they are born into the wrong bodies? That they are not gay, merely men trapped in women’s bodies or women trapped in men’s bodies. I, myself, have heard this so many times and have never made the connection before now.


Are you an educator?

Seriously?


Do not mistake gender confusion with homosexuality. These are entirely different things!

I have NEVER heard a gay person say that they believe they were born in the wrong body. Never.

This is the kind of thing stated by those undergoing gender reassignment, and it has absolutely nothing to do with sexual desires or romantic attachment to one gender or another. It has to do with the awareness of being different, as though you are in the wrong body.

I repeat, if you are an educator, you yourself need to go back to university and actually learn the difference between gender confusion and sexuality.
edit on 25-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by sceptical me

Think about it. How many times have you heard gays or lesbians say that they feel they are born into the wrong bodies? That they are not gay, merely men trapped in women’s bodies or women trapped in men’s bodies. I, myself, have heard this so many times and have never made the connection before now.


Are you an educator?

Seriously?


Do not mistake gender confusion with homosexuality. These are entirely different things!

I have NEVER heard a gay person say that they believe they were born in the wrong body. Never.

This is the kind of thing stated by those undergoing gender reassignment, and it has absolutely nothing to do with sexual desires or romantic attachment to one gender or another. It has to do with the awareness of being different, as though you are in the wrong body.

I repeat, if you are an educator, you yourself need to go back to university and actually learn the difference between gender confusion and sexuality.
edit on 25-11-2010 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)


Are you a free, open-minded individividual???

Think about it. Or a narrow minded individual who thinks they know all?

FYI, the student in question is approximately my own age and is studying the English language. Note, I did not say in which area I was teaching, but you, with your narrow idea about what a teacher is made a huge assumption about me and you were WRONG!

The subject at hand came up between us both and I was teaching nothing about the subject of gender issues, merely the subject of the correct use of the English language. This was a discussion exercise, nothing more!

But, if you had been patient and interested enough to read the whole thread, rather than a person willing to jump on an issue to prove someone else wrong and yourself right, thus bignoting your under inflated ego, you would see that I realised my original comments were a little narrow and restricted in their approach and I made modifying comments throughout the thread.

You, sir (or madam as the case may be), should exercise a little more patience and read thoroughly what you are condemning, whilst exercising a little more restraint in your eagerness to condemn people with your narrow minded judgement.

In relation to this comment: "I have NEVER heard a gay person say that they believe they were born in the wrong body. Never."

I have a large circle of homosexual friends and have heard this many times. Who is right and who is wrong? I'll wager that neither is right nor wrong, merely the recipients of different experiences.
edit on 25-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (because I am the administrator of this thread and I can

edit on 25-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by sceptical me
 


Interesting thought, I would just question how the soul is assimilating during the time of birth to puberty, or before any sexual awareness happens.


I suspect, in my hypothesis, that if a child had not reached sexual maturity before death, then there would not be any likelihood of gender confusion or sexual preference issues associated with the former life.
edit on 25-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sceptical me
 


How does this affect those who were attracted to the opposite sex and started being attracted to the same sex? And bisexuals?

Homosexuality is not such a black and white subject that it can be pinpointed to a direct cause. People have very different experiences with it and not all gay people have the same theoretical explanations for it.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
reply to post by sceptical me
 


How does this affect those who were attracted to the opposite sex and started being attracted to the same sex? And bisexuals?

Homosexuality is not such a black and white subject that it can be pinpointed to a direct cause. People have very different experiences with it and not all gay people have the same theoretical explanations for it.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)


You're absolutely right, Brood, not all homosexuals or bisexuals or whatever have the same theory, but does that change anything? Absolutely not!

To make an absurd comparison, no one has the same theory about the events of 9-11, but what does that prove? Nothing!

I shared a house with a guy who grew up in Glasgow and his idea of fun as a young man was either to get laid or go gay bashing, but then, in his late 20s, suddenly found himself attracted to feminine and androgynous guys more than women and the women he did like, were of the androgynous type as well.

I have to admit, my theory does not take this kind of person into consideration at all and therefore have no comment within this discussion. Funnily enough, if you were to call this guy gay, he would probably rip your head off and laugh at the stump remaining. Here we can obviously see that there is an issue of the old nature versus nurture debate.

If you have no knowledge of Glasgow, just picture any area you know where machismo and bravado rule and the the rule of violence is absolute. One heck of an incubator!
edit on 25-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


Very interesting post Ben, certainly something to ruminate on!
Shoot, I forgot the very excellent and intelligent rule regarding single line responses. Obviously this addendum should satisfy TPTB

edit on 25-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, I don't really think that people would take sexuality with them seeing as how I view sexuality as having a purely biological, physical basis. And if that's the case, then I'd say that you know a lot of people with gender identity issues instead of actual homosexuals. Still perfectly okay as far as I'm concerned, but I think that there's a distinction to be made.



posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I'll break this arguement down into two strands:

A) Sex for pleasure
B) Sex for dominance

Homosexuals are a mix between category A and category B. Category B males are often heterosexual. Basically, the dominant male gets the females, rapes the submissive males, and the submissive males that "give up" become "gay". Thus, they are labelled as "gay" by the dominant males, because, being submissive, they will "take it" but not "give it". Most "gay" relationships comprise of a frustrated type B, and a dominated type A. The "gays" on television are relationships between "type A" individuals, and it is not made known to them that they are really being deprived of genuine families and children, in effect, their "pride" is another form of domination.

Its a very cruel world.



posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sceptical me
 


Advice: Don't forge a supposition that relies on another supposition being true. In this case, that would be reincarnation. You'd have to prove that reincarnation is absolutely fact before you can even logically begin to attribute things to it.



posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor
 


Lemme guess.

You're... straight?

Holy crap I'm psychic!



posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
First off, I am a lesbian and I too have given this similar thought. I knew I was gay at about six years of age. Even though I knew even at such a young age, it made it no easier tho deal with , seeing I came from an extremely religious family. So I spent loads of time trying to get to the root of my "problem" so as to find the solution...a way to fix it. I have explored every relm of possibility, And this is my theory. I believe it has to do with your soul mate. I think it possible that that your sexuality is based on what the gender of your soul mate was/is. Once you have successfully found this soul through one of your excursions on earth, then you cannot bare an existence here with out your soul companion. Perhaps it is the reason we even choose to come back at all. In my last life my soul mate passed before me, and we both willingly returned to find one another again. At the age of six, I think I became aware that she was here, on earth, as a female, and began my search for her. And I found her again, finally at the age of 33. I think we will repeat this as many times as necessary, until we are able to reach the other side at the same time. We have discussed this and we both think this feels like the last trip for us. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

As far as gender identity, I myself struggled with it at times. But I had faith that once I found her she would know me which ever gender I inhabited. Maybe some poor grieving lonely souls lack that faith. I feel for them on their difficult journey.



posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sceptical me
 
I mentioned something about my own theory regarding souls being born into the wrong bodies, a couple of weeks ago. Many years ago we lived in the same neighbourhood as a family that included twins (a boy and a girl), and both were homosexual. I don't think souls can make a mistake like that, but perhaps they were twins together in a family during a previous lifetime, and before reincarnating into this life had decided to live it as the opposite gender. Maytbe there is such a thing as reincarnating too soon after crossing over, resulting in both genders still being attracted to their opposite genders in the life they just left. I'll try to remember to check that one out when I go back again, though it won't be anywhere close to the top of my list of things to do and see.



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join