It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory For Homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sceptical me
reply to post by OzWeatherman

In fact many transexuals are not gay.

I know that, but the reason for their gender change is due to the fact that they dont fit into their gender. I think that would fit better with your theory rather than the sexual orientation of an individual

link   
I once dreamed that I was a man looking after horse stalls, if I was to try to guess the year, I would guess around 1800s. That dream was a long time ago, but memorable. When I woke up, I found myself wondering if I was ever a man in a past life.
I'm a straight woman, but it would explain why I've always been a little more of a tomboy...

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by sceptical me

First, those who feel like they were born in the wrong body, whether they seek a sex change or not, are transexuals, not homosexuals. A homosexual is quite happy with their sex, have no desire whatsoever to change to the opposite sex, but still prefer to have sex with members of their own sex.

Reincarnation does make more sense for transexuality.

Secondly, there have been studies which have shown that the structure of the brain is different between hetero and homosexuals. This make it genetic in some form or fashion. I sincerly doubt that the switching from one sex to another from one life to the next would alter the genetic code of the individual.

I wonder where would bi-sexuality fit in?

link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I have heard the same theory, but just because something seems so simple and so right, doesn't make it right. I was merely offering an alternative theory.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I have heard the same theory, but just becaise something seems so simple and so right, doesn't make it right. I was merely offering an alternative theory.

Power to ya brother, wasnt trying to take away from your theory, just saying I lean towards that one.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Also, as a woman has more and more children. The males will be born with less and less testosterone.

When a woman is pregnant with a male, her body treats testosterone like a disease and fights it. The next time she is pregnant with a male she will once again fight the testosterone. But at that point her body has already dealt with it, so it is able to suppress it more.

The youngest brothers are usually, at least biologically speaking, more likely to be homosexual.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange

Also, as a woman has more and more children. The males will be born with less and less testosterone.

When a woman is pregnant with a male, her body treats testosterone like a disease and fights it. The next time she is pregnant with a male she will once again fight the testosterone. But at that point her body has already dealt with it, so it is able to suppress it more.

The youngest brothers are usually, at least biologically speaking, more likely to be homosexual.

WOW! This is a new one on me, do you have a little linky? I can honestly say that most homosexulas I know are not the youngest sibling in the family.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

OK, two things that blow this theory out of the water...

First, those who feel like they were born in the wrong body, whether they seek a sex change or not, are transexuals, not homosexuals. A homosexual is quite happy with their sex, have no desire whatsoever to change to the opposite sex, but still prefer to have sex with members of their own sex.

Secondly, there have been studies which have shown that the structure of the brain is different between hetero and homosexuals. This make it genetic in some form or fashion. I sincerly doubt that the switching from one sex to another from one life to the next would alter the genetic code of the individual.

Firstly, I do not think you have blown my theory out of the water. Others have made a similar comment and I have responded elsewhere to your first claim.

Now, as to your second claim. I have no information about whether a homosexula's brain is structurally different or not, but if it is, I sincerely doubt... is rather a lame argument don't you think? Imagine if all scientific theories and "facts" were based merely on I think or I do not think, therefore it is!
edit on 22-11-2010 by sceptical me because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Took me awhile to find it, memories not what is used to be.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I do not dismiss your theory at all, the more brains and ideas we have to solve the puzzle the better.
It is however hard to proove anything when the theory is based on another theory - past lives which in themself can not be proven as the hypnosis, experiments and the cases are just not strong enough to say that past lives are even a real phenomanom

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

I do not dismiss your theory at all, the more brains and ideas we have to solve the puzzle the better.
It is however hard to proove anything when the theory is based on another theory - past lives which in themself can not be proven as the hypnosis, experiments and the cases are just not strong enough to say that past lives are even a real phenomanom

Ah now isn't that the rub? Still, on the upside, my theory can never be proven wrong.

Now the next part is not aimed at you, it is just a convenient place to post my thoughts.

I think many people, however, have been so caught up in the semantics of my words, that they haven't looked behind them to see the kernel of my intent. This is not an issue of certain types of homosexul sexaul behaviour, this intended as a blanket theory as I have reiterated.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange

Took me awhile to find it, memories not what is used to be.

articles.latimes.com...

Thanks for the linky. Whilst an interesting article, the study is hardly what I would call iron clad proof. As stated, the majority of homosexulas I know aren't the youngest sibling.

But an interesting read nonetheless. Cheers for the effort.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Any more comments on this issue before I tuck myself in and snooze, perchance to dream and maybe remember who'd once I'd been, a diffent face, a different life, another lover, another wife.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

to each their own should reign supreme, if you ask me.

not that I'm either Or...

BUT ... why should one's sexual or physical 'preference' become, Or be, an 'Issue' (?)

People are 'people'. No?

... just don't get it ... when 'discussions' come to such. (?)

Who am I?, Who are you? .... to Judge. ?

I hear what you are saying, but you will notice there is not one derogatory or judgemental word in a single post I have made. I just happened to think it was an interesting theory that merited discussion. Thankfully we are all different individulas with different ideologies and belief systems.

To each their own certainly seems appropriate here. Live and let live.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

While I respect the idea that others might feel a need to look for an "explanation", I diverge in the sense that, as a heterosexual man, I don't require an "excuse" to be straight. I simply am. Therefore, it follows, that maybe gay people are just gay. I don't need to explain it, understand it, or judge it. I just accept it.

All in all, I like the way I see it.

~Heff
edit on 11/22/10 by Hefficide because: clarity

This exactly.

Why does it matter whom one chooses to be with?

We're all people regardless, I don't see a reason why sexual orientation should ever be an issue, just because you're gay or straight doesn't make your life any more or less valid.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There is no such thing as reincarnation.
Now if you want to talk about people who continuously live an evil life, and then being reincinerated, that’s a whole different thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Now if you want to talk about people who continuously live an evil life, and then being reincinerated, that’s a whole different thread.

WTF?

Are you saying that gay people are living an evil life?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

WTF?

Hey Oz, let's not feed the trolls! For it is blatant that he is indeed trolling, look at his details, it's written plain to see. You cannot state there is no reincarnation then suggest a different thread to discuss people who are reincarnated. Leave it be.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No offense but it's a lousy theory. As a teacher you probably should open a book on the subject before telling your students things that are obviously false.

People who engage in homosexual behaviors do so based on a history of past sexual behaviors. Down the line, you'll find a history of sexual abuse and maybe repressed memories.

There is no homosexual gene: obviously that gene pool would have died long ago if it existed.

All mammals are known to engage in homosexual behaviors. It does not make it natural or justified. Those mammals also kill and eat each other out without any respect for each other. Does that make it natural or just for us to do the same thing?

I understand I will get a lot of backlash from people who don't understand anything on the subject at all. For all those, you can google "Sexual Imprinting" and learn a lesson today.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

WTF?

Hey Oz, let's not feed the trolls! For it is blatant that he is indeed trolling, look at his details, it's written plain to see. You cannot state there is no reincarnation then suggest a different thread to discuss people who are reincarnated. Leave it be.

Gee, another class in literacy.

I said R-E-I-N-C-I-N-E-R-A-T-E-D, as in burning

Now do I have to roll that one to you as well.

BTW, go feed yourself.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Whilst having a discussion with one of my students today,

First of all....good job in disscussing this.

Think about it. How many times have you heard gays or lesbians say that they feel they are born into the wrong bodies?

Never.

That they are not gay, merely men trapped in women’s bodies or women trapped in men’s bodies. I, myself, have heard this so many times and have never made the connection before now.

I call BS. Show proof or shut up. I am a gay male. I love being a male. Have NEVER thought of myself as female.

I soooooo......hope the children you are "teaching" are not learning your own ignorance while at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join