It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory For Homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Whilst having a discussion with one of my students today, an interesting theory emerged: maybe homosexuals are homosexuals because they are having trouble psychologically adjusting to moving from one gender to another after reincarnation.

Think about it. How many times have you heard gays or lesbians say that they feel they are born into the wrong bodies? That they are not gay, merely men trapped in women’s bodies or women trapped in men’s bodies. I, myself, have heard this so many times and have never made the connection before now.

But put yourself into this position. Say you are a very healthy, sexual woman who loves sex and also loves men. Then, after death and rebirth into a male’s body what would your sexual orientation be, if your soul still remembered this? Thus, like many of the people who I have mentioned above, would you not only not feel like a homosexual, but also feel like a woman trapped in a man’s body?

I have never heard this theory before, but, assuming reincarnation were possible, it seems like a plausible explanation. What are your thoughts?

I ask you though, please do not get into the debate of the morality of homosexuality, I only want to see discussions centred around the theme I have outlined.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Isn't the reincarnated "soul" a combination of both male and female gender....something called the animus? why would it have problems when entering a body I wonder. Is that to say it retains its memory but some more than others throughout its existence?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sceptical me

While I respect the idea that others might feel a need to look for an "explanation", I diverge in the sense that, as a heterosexual man, I don't require an "excuse" to be straight. I simply am. Therefore, it follows, that maybe gay people are just gay. I don't need to explain it, understand it, or judge it. I just accept it.

All in all, I like the way I see it.

~Heff
edit on 11/22/10 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So what you are saying is...that since I'm a straight male...I was either a straight man in my previous life....or a lesbian???

I think I can work this into a pick up line.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Definitely interesting. Though I do no believe in reincarnation personally, this theory sounds a lot better than the usual BS.

The thing is, doesn't reincarnation apply to every living thing? I have heard a lot of the man trapped in a woman's body, but i have yet to hear "I'm a gazelle trapped in a man's body". If the soul is able to remember it's sexual preference would it not also remember its preference for roaming the wild African plane and eating grass?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Isn't the reincarnated "soul" a combination of both male and female gender....something called the animus? why would it have problems when entering a body I wonder. Is that to say it retains its memory but some more than others throughout its existence?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I am suggesting, that the previous life is still imprinted on the surface memory, but as you say, I also believe that the sould is the Animus, both genders.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

OK, two things that blow this theory out of the water...

First, those who feel like they were born in the wrong body, whether they seek a sex change or not, are transexuals, not homosexuals. A homosexual is quite happy with their sex, have no desire whatsoever to change to the opposite sex, but still prefer to have sex with members of their own sex.

Secondly, there have been studies which have shown that the structure of the brain is different between hetero and homosexuals. This make it genetic in some form or fashion. I sincerly doubt that the switching from one sex to another from one life to the next would alter the genetic code of the individual.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well reincarnation is supposed to be a "learning" experience, correct? Well at least I think so. Perhaps men in women bodies and vice versa maybe didn't learn a lesson or need to learn one this time around? Its quite a bit of stretch, but you started it!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
Definitely interesting. Though I do no believe in reincarnation personally, this theory sounds a lot better than the usual BS.

The thing is, doesn't reincarnation apply to every living thing? I have heard a lot of the man trapped in a woman's body, but i have yet to hear "I'm a gazelle trapped in a man's body". If the soul is able to remember it's sexual preference would it not also remember its preference for roaming the wild African plane and eating grass?

Interesting point. As you see, my theory would hinge on human to human reincarnation and, to be frank, I have never read anything about animals or insects reincarning into people or vice versa. I think reincarnation is a plausable theory, but I try not to believe in anything too much, becasue it's belief after all.

Dr Ian Stephenson has some interesting literature such as 50 cases suggestive of reincarnation. Very interesting book.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Why does there have to be a 'reason' for homosexuality? Surely by looking for explanations it is saying that being gay or a lesbian isn't normal

What about animals who perform homosexual acts, have they memory of a previous life?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I think the learning experience sounds like a reasonable hypothesis in the reincarnation debate. You will notice that many appear to be more highly "developed" spiritually than others, but we are if nothing else, exceptional complicated beings.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

There is a reason for homosexuality, just like there is a reason for heterosexuality.

Heterosexual males have something in the reptilian brain that tells them that women are attractive and can make babies making it important to impress and mate with them.

Homosexual males don't have that or perhaps have it but it functions differently.

There's are reason for everything.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, I think that theory is a bit off target. As far as I know, transexuals are the ones who feel as though they were born into the wrong body, regardless of weather they like men or women. In my opinion, its all about the way our brains function on sexual level, rather than a question of being born into the incorrect sex.

And what about the animal kingdom? A vast number species have been recorded engaging in homsexual intercourse, including dogs, cats and dolphins.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Why does there have to be a 'reason' for homosexuality? Surely by looking for explanations it is saying that being gay or a lesbian isn't normal

What about animals who perform homosexual acts, have they memory of a previous life?

Ah, now we get onto that thorny issue of normal. What is normal? Well, the simplest way to define it would be to say that which fits within determined patterns of behavious of the population. I personally am not interested in whether homosexuality is normal or not, but it does fall outside the spectrum of the usual behaviour of the majority, therefore worthy of interest and study.

Consider subjects such as telepathy, precognition, etc, these fall outside the parameters of the beaviour of the majority, ergo, also worthy of study.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

to each their own should reign supreme, if you ask me.

not that I'm either Or...

BUT ... why should one's sexual or physical 'preference' become, Or be, an 'Issue' (?)

People are 'people'. No?

... just don't get it ... when 'discussions' come to such. (?)

Who am I?, Who are you? .... to Judge. ?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I think your students and yourself are confusing Homosexuality for Transgenderism.

I'm a gay male, and never have I wanted, or though to be a woman in any sense of the world. I also believe in reincarnation, not the simplified verision, but reincarnation none the less.

I don't know why homosexuality exists, I simply know that it does and until we find a solution to the question of what causes or why causes, there's really no point arguing the issue anymore.

Then again I believe it to be a non issue in today's society.

It's an interesting hypothesis though, I had not thought of that one.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I can't say I agree with you OZ, not all transexuals feel like they are trapped in the wrong body and neither do all homoseuals. In fact many transexuals are not gay.

As for animals, well, when someone can tell me thoughts of animal I will look into this.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was watching a doco the other day that was saying they believe homosexuality is caused by lack of testosteronebeing recieved in the womb. All fetus' are initially female, testosterone esentialy is all that is added to change the fetus in to a male so I found it very logical that not enough testosterone during pregnancy could lead to homosexuality. I kind of sat back and thought - it's so simple it has to be right.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I think your students and yourself are confusing Homosexuality for Transgenderism.

I'm a gay male, and never have I wanted, or though to be a woman in any sense of the world. I also believe in reincarnation, not the simplified verision, but reincarnation none the less.

I don't know why homosexuality exists, I simply know that it does and until we find a solution to the question of what causes or why causes, there's really no point arguing the issue anymore.

Then again I believe it to be a non issue in today's society.

It's an interesting hypothesis though, I had not thought of that one.

~Keeper

Perhaps you are right tothetenthpower, perhaps homosexuality is a little broad, but I think valid nonetheless. I'm not saying you or other gays have a conscious memory of things, but this theory would explain the attraction between people of both sexes.

As for homoseuality not being an issue, I am very gladd you feel that way, but I know there are many others who are not in such an exhalted state. In some countries, many countries, it is still a crime.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I have heard the same theory, but just becaise something seems so simple and so right, doesn't make it right. I was merely offering an alternative theory.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join