It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where oh where is your beloved Tea Party in this TSA issues???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Very Cool we have One Elected Tea Partier opposing this TSA fascist crap.... any other Elected Tea Party politicians stepping up to protect or at least fight for our rights????

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Looks like someone is just trying to deflect blame from the Obama administration to the TEA Party.

Pretty sad,

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Looks like someone is just trying to deflect blame from the Obama administration to the TEA Party.

Pretty sad,

Thats pretty much all he can do really. Congress was controlled by Democraps since 2006, and now with their "uber peaceful change master" in charge, they can't figure out why little boy's balls are getting fondled at the airport.

Then they say, "wheres the tea party?" Knowing full well that most of the news cycle is dominated by Ta partiers speaking out against it.

Just give it a little more time, Liberals right now are in a complete meltdown mode, everything they've tried to do has been a complete disaster.

Close gitmo? Nope.
Repeal the Patiot Act? Nope.
Leave Iraq? Nah...
End War in Afgahnistan? Why?
Create Jobs? lolololololol............
Heal the Economy? Bwahahahahahaha!

Yes we can.... but..........

edit on 23-11-2010 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by aravoth because: grammer

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Where is the defenders of the constitution? Where is the supporters of smaller government?? Why isn't your newly elected saviors speaking out against this draconian strip searching, junk fondlers?

Why is it the liberal labeled groups the only ones standing up and saying this isn't right???

edit on 22-11-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

Just about every confrontation with the TSA has come from libertarians, not liberals.

Not only have libertarians been the ones to cause a ruckus over this issue, they are the most vocal critics of it in the media.

Campaign for Liberty:

Mises Institute:

Ron Paul:

NH Free State:

Reason Magazine:

I could list dozens upon dozens more, but every single one of them involves a libertarian, not a liberal.

edit on 23-11-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I imagine the fake small-gov people are hiding from terrorists. Just like all the fake lefties who were up in arms over the Patriot Act. Looked the other way when Obama renewed and expanded it and now look the other way when some federal perv fondles the testicles of an 8 year old because Osama might be hiding in his scrote.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Cute. The troops have been needling and the electees are yet to be seated in Congress until January. Where is your Dear Reader - the man of all that is wonderful and utopian? What? He's having his agents stick their hands down the pants of other people's children?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Why is it the liberal labeled groups the only ones standing up and saying this isn't right???

What planet have you been living on for the last few weeks? EVERYONE is upset about it. Not just liberals. Not just conservatives. EVERYONE. And as far as the TEA party goes .... TEA = Taxed Enough Already. Their main focus is fiscal responsibility. What does fiscal responsibility have to do with TSA scanners and pat downs?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by 46ACE

I think the general tone was "The Tea Party isn't doing that". By and large the major Tea Party candidates have been supportive of Bush's security measures. Ron Paul is something of a blip. I think there are many Tea Party supporters who don't support such things, but truthfully speaking the movement got hijacked ages ago. Many of the conservatives who are decrying the TSA all of a sudden supported it when Bush was in office. The TSA was groping people back then too.

It's political football. In a few weeks it will be a different issue. I'm tired of all the hypocritical BS.

Just as I suspected:" Ron Paul ( the only decent politician I can stand behind) "doesn't count" He is an anomaly

No: Sorry I disagree: the "general tone" was a ("neener neener") cheap shot by a liberal. Nobody was doing enhanced( "grope" patdowns during bush because the nekkid scanners weren't introduced until recently. And"constitutionalists" (Me, Juge Napolitano and Webster Tarpley on fox) WERE pulling their hairout during bush's patriotact and military comissions act b.s. perhaps you didn't see any of it.

I've been all over the country on motorcycle but Literally haven't flown even 1 mile since the patriot act.
edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Typical.

Just keep moving the bar, rather than admit your entire original premise was incorrect. It won't matter how much research others do, continuing to provide examples, you will not be convinced that your cute little 3 line OP wasn't as brilliant as you originally thought.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I wonder why its so difficult to find any articles with Tea Party elected officials blasting the TSA and its policies.

It may seem like the current uproar and ongoing revolt against the Transportation Security Administration’s newest security protocols came out of nowhere, but opposition to full-body scanners has been building for some time. The breadth of the opposition is perhaps most clearly apparent in the unified position of third party and Independent activists from across the political spectrum.

Third Party and Independent activists united in opposition to full-body scanners and enhanced pat-downs

hmmm the Tea Party wasn't mentioned.

BTW IM NOT A Liberal!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What planet have you been living on for the last few weeks? EVERYONE is upset about it. Not just liberals. Not just conservatives. EVERYONE. And as far as the TEA party goes .... TEA = Taxed Enough Already. Their main focus is fiscal responsibility. What does fiscal responsibility have to do with TSA scanners and pat downs?

Perhaps you should familiarize with the Contract From America and notice number 1???

Identify constitutionality of every new law.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm curious.

The White house is Democrat controlled. The House is Republican controlled now. The Senate is Democrat controlled and the Judicial branch is not even on the same planet as the Tea Party in regards to the rights of the citizens.

The Tea Party is in control of no branch of government.

Why do you expect them to be able to do anything about it when the Democrats have all of the control right now?

Or did we forget about all of that in a mad scramble to start yet another (unfounded for any logical reason this time) Bash the Tea Party thread?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

taking some time off??

but, they are here for us?? they want to take america back for the people?? they are going to bring back all of our rights??

nows not the time for a break!!

or, could it be, they, like every other politician out there lied to you. You see, its folks like you that have put this country in its current position, you have no ability to think for yourselves, you spew what they tell you too.

now, if you truly voted for any of the tea party scammers, and you could think for yourself, right about now, you would be waking up and say, whoops, they lied too. then you would start to be part of the solution, not part of the system.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

heres a novel idea!!!

THEY COULD SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT!!

they didn't seem to have a problem speaking out during the election.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Don't worry, any moment now, O'Reilly, beck, and limbaugh are coming to our rescue, theres no way they would let that "muslim' Obama do this to us.

Sarah oh Sarah, can you hear me up there in alaska???

We need you, I know you can see Russia, but can you see AMERICA?????????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All I got to add is our great leader needs to get into a airport security line with his family. Lets see how the ivory tower dwellers like it. Otherwise this is not a political party issue this is more of the average person vs those either in power or are celebrities. The inmates are running the asylum in the US.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Bahahahah! the Tea Party is a sad joke full of whiners that were put into place by conservative republicans
to oppress the liberal left that is the Obama Administration. Grass roots? Yeah right more like planned if McCain
and Palins sorry soles lost. Now I consider myself Independent on the terms that nothing is ever going to get fixed because Rep. and Dem. argue too much and never get anything done so excuse me when I say the Tea Party is another stupid political tool. As for the TSA well thank Bush and the Patriot Act for taking away all your freedoms.

And that is a Fact.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer
reply to post by badgerprints

heres a novel idea!!!

THEY COULD SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT!!

they didn't seem to have a problem speaking out during the election.

once again, as other members have posted here, many are speaking out against it and have been since long before it became front page news.

Now,
Why aren't the rest of the political clowns who are actually in power speaking out against it?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I wonder why its so difficult to find any articles with Tea Party elected officials blasting the TSA and its policies.

It may seem like the current uproar and ongoing revolt against the Transportation Security Administration’s newest security protocols came out of nowhere, but opposition to full-body scanners has been building for some time. The breadth of the opposition is perhaps most clearly apparent in the unified position of third party and Independent activists from across the political spectrum.

Third Party and Independent activists united in opposition to full-body scanners and enhanced pat-downs

hmmm the Tea Party wasn't mentioned.

BTW IM NOT A Liberal!!!!

"hmmm the Tea Party wasn't mentioned."

Perhaps because the "TEA PARTY" IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY! The name"tea party" is a reference to the "boston teaparty."which was also a tax protest.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazrmau5
As for the TSA well thank Bush and the Patriot Act for taking away all your freedoms.

And that is a Fact.

58,060,800 seconds or
967,680 minutes or
16,128 hours or
96 weeks or
672 days or
1 year 10 months 3 days

since Obama was inaugurated. How long before he gets some blame for what has happened since
January 20, 2009?

Just curious....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join