It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service locked down the White House for a few minutes today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I cannot find anything on this yet, but supposedly a plane wandered into restricted airspace causing the Secret Service to lock down the White House.

BreakingNews.com - First Headline. No article yet to confirm this. But thought I'd post this.

Tweet - Breaking News - Mark Noller
Here's the tweet from Breaking News, Mark Noller.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here's an update.

Fighters scrambled as DC airspace rules violated

(CNN)

wo F-16 fighter jets briefly took to the sky over Washington on Monday after a small passenger aircraft violated the capital's airspace restrictions, according to military officials.

The Cessna pilot was a student pilot who initially took off from Warrenton, Virginia, the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed

CNN.com

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Lol, i wonder what the guy in the little passenger airplane thought when he had 100 fighter jets trailing him locked on.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Has there been any confirmation of this? I cannot find anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The article didnt mention anything about the White House being locked down. But there was an aircraft that wasn't supposed to be there.

I'm guessing in a case like this that the White House would be put on lock down. But until it is said, its still uncertain.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Probabaly hiding under the big Presidential desk.
I wonder if the same would have happened if Obama were on vacation?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
100 jets on your tail - enough to forget about getting a license to fly.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Regardless if the threat is actual or not the US Secret Service's protocol is to have the WH locked down within seconds after the order to scramble jets was given. Make no mistake about this and most definately have zero illusion that if any suspicious aircraft entres the vicinity of the capitel this is done before the threat becomes actual.

Personally, I wouldn't expect too much more info about this event to be released while the FAA, Secret Service and The Pentagon investigates this to find out what's good and all 3 do not nessecarily have to make the findings public as typically that is shared internally and not really meant for public view so that The USSS cannot be second guessed or judged for doing what it's executive charter clearly allows them to do.

Let's all just be thankful that this wasn't an actual incursion or attack.

The prhysical appearance of a Stage V locked down WH would look like is as follows :

1. All tours, visitors and deliveries automatically get cancelled.
2. No traffic along the 4 streets that border the property and is blocked off 2 blocks in every direction of the property.
3. (If nessecary) the immediate evacuation of the property!
4. The Motorcade parked in a garage underneath the WH is immediately loaded with POTUS and his family and are whisked away from the property not using any public road.

Between 2001 - 2009 the authourity to shoot down a hostile or questionable aircraft in the vicinity of the capital was with the Office of the Vice President but has since been retransferred back to the Joint Chiefs of Staff so only the Joint Chiefs can order the shootdown of any civilian plane who is either non responsive to hails or is ignoring hails. As long as you do whatever the order being given over your radio while not speaking on the radio tells them that you are following instructions.

Beyond that I really cannot get into anything else further as I'm tettering on violating certain national security protocols just trust that we do have scenarios designed and written for just about every situation and the Govt trains 24/7/365 to make damn sure that these policies go off without a hitch or incident,
edit on 23-11-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join