It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why the Government Wouldn't Want to Tell Us about Apocalypse

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I know there are some people who believe that the world will be ending soon, and the government knows about it. But they won't tell us. I believe this may be true. But before you go jumping to conclusions, you have to ask "Why would that want to keep it a secret?" This is my explanation.

If we found out today that the world is going to end in, say, two months, what would you do? I bet you wouldn't just carry on with everyday life. Why pay bills when you know you're just going to die? Instead you would invest that money into bringing your family on vacation, or buying that Ferrari you've always dreamed of having. Now imagine everyone doing that. Those people that were supposed to get that money from the bills you were supposed to pay will go broke. The airways would be overcrowded with people wanting to spend their last days on vacation. Too many cars would be being sold, while old ones would be junked. No body would be going to work for they have no need for further money, so there would be nobody to man all factories and places that kept us going (such as people who work to keep the internet up and our cell phones working). People would be doing whatever they wanted without worrying about the consequences. The economy (and overall balance) would downpour.

Earth would turn into complete chaos.

If the government told us the world would end soon this is probably what would happen. So in order to keep peace among the people, they have to keep their lips shut. And maybe that's not such a bad thing for the sake of ourselves.

Discuss...




posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Agreed, there would be mass chaos.

But also there are only so many bunkers out there, and they (major rich and government officials) want to be sure they are well secured in there bunkers before word get's out or they may not get the chance to hide.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If the world was gonna end, I think they would only care about preventing mass panic. Cause if the world was to come to an end, why would money even matter? It's not like they can use it after "the event". There would be nothing to buy, nothing to sell, nobody to buy it, and nobody to sell it. Money would be useless. Debt would not matter. All the money in the world could not stop it from happening, let alone fixing what was left after it happened.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that if the world were to indeed undergo some surface related extinction level event that TPTB would keep it from us, not so we don't cause chaos, but rather so they can scurry away, hide and try to wait it out below ground.

I think they would enjoy watching what happens to the machine, but from a safe distance.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Given the financial situation of the people I know even if the world were ending they would only be able to take off the day before disaster strikes.
Of course the rich would continue doing what they already do.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIStory Indeed
I am of the opinion that if the world were to indeed undergo some surface related extinction level event that TPTB would keep it from us, not so we don't cause chaos, but rather so they can scurry away, hide and try to wait it out below ground.

I think they would enjoy watching what happens to the machine, but from a safe distance.


I would certainly hope that whatever event was to happen, that it would lay down a 100ft layer of dirt on top of them, preventing them from getting out of their bunkers. That way they would die a long horrible death from starvation. At least we would die instantly and painlessly!

Back on Topic: If the Government actually cared about it's people, they would at LEAST give us a fighting chance by telling us ahead of time. But that is a big IF!



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ridiculous as that 2012 movie was I believe its a plausible depiction of how the world governments would respond to imminent cataclysm. Secrecy would be maintained also long as possible so that society would function and the many would toil to their last in ignorance to save the few.

Thats just the way humanity rolls.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There's a great movie coming to mind called "Last Night" about that scenario, what people would do on the last days and for "the event": www.imdb.com...



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Ridiculous as that 2012 movie was I believe its a plausible depiction of how the world governments would respond to imminent cataclysm. Secrecy would be maintained also long as possible so that society would function and the many would toil to their last in ignorance to save the few.

Thats just the way humanity rolls.


its not just '2012'

'Armageddon' & 'Deep Impact' are also example of Hollywood telling us that the government would indeed hide knowledge of cataclysmic events from the general population until the last minute



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd
I know there are some people who believe that the world will be ending soon, and the government knows about it. But they won't tell us. I believe this may be true. But before you go jumping to conclusions, you have to ask "Why would that want to keep it a secret?" This is my explanation.

If we found out today that the world is going to end in, say, two months, what would you do? I bet you wouldn't just carry on with everyday life. Why pay bills when you know you're just going to die? Instead you would invest that money into bringing your family on vacation, or buying that Ferrari you've always dreamed of having. Now imagine everyone doing that. Those people that were supposed to get that money from the bills you were supposed to pay will go broke. The airways would be overcrowded with people wanting to spend their last days on vacation. Too many cars would be being sold, while old ones would be junked. No body would be going to work for they have no need for further money, so there would be nobody to man all factories and places that kept us going (such as people who work to keep the internet up and our cell phones working). People would be doing whatever they wanted without worrying about the consequences. The economy (and overall balance) would downpour.

Earth would turn into complete chaos.

If the government told us the world would end soon this is probably what would happen. So in order to keep peace among the people, they have to keep their lips shut. And maybe that's not such a bad thing for the sake of ourselves.

Discuss...


The government is all about power and control - and if they have knowledge of explosive information like a potential 2012 apocolypse you better believe that information would be guarded more closely than the truth about ET/UFO's and any other secret that can change the entire history of human civiliation. Because if the entire world's population knew their days were numbered, there are a lot more common civilians on this planet then there are government officialls, military, police, etc.

And for the same reason the goverment conceals the truth about ET/UFO's, is the same reason they would conceal any legit 2012/apocolypse info - they know society would collapse and there would be no need for government any more as the chaos ensues.

Also have to consider that even if the government was looking out our best intersts, there simpy isn't enough resources to save billions of people, no matter how many underground bunkers they have across the world.

Speaking of these government bunkers - whose to say that they will actually work do the world's elite any good? If you are religious the bible makes it very clear that no man will be same from god's wrath, even those who flee to the caves and underground.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolee123nd
People would be doing whatever they wanted without worrying about the consequences. The economy (and overall balance) would downpour.

Hmm....kind of like how the United States Government is acting now? They spend whatever they want without seeming to worry about the consequence. The economy is in a downslide....

Woah. Maybe they do know something....
edit on 22-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: punctuation



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath
 


"If you are religious the bible makes it very clear that no man will be same from god's wrath, even those who flee to the caves and underground."

Well it wouldn't be a very effective control manual if it said otherwise would it? Just imagine...

"And yeah verily none will be safe from Gods wrath (except those who hide in caves, you dudes can sin to your hearts content)."

That just wouldn't do at all :-)



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I recently watched a documentary called 2012 An Awakening and in it it was mentioned that knowledge is power, and knowledge of the esoteric secrets which involve possibly knowing the details of future cataclysmic events is absolute power. That power dwindles as more and more people know about it, so people who would know anything about a possible future extinction or near-extinction event try to contain the truth, or knowledge, and not let anyone know of it.


Makes you wonder, what if Mayans knew about the secret and shared it with each other through their writings. Maybe that is why the church burned nearly all of the Mayan writing, and not because they were "heathens."



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by nicolee123nd
People would be doing whatever they wanted without worrying about the consequences. The economy (and overall balance) would downpour.

Hmm....kind of like how the United States Government is acting now? They spend whatever they want without seeming to worry about the consequence. The economy is in a downslide....

Woah. Maybe they do know something....
edit on 22-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: punctuation


It's no coincidence that the world seems to be in a free fall mode right now with a convergence of events leading up to 2012.

Personally I'm not sure what to expect, but you do make a good point about how the US government is spending themselves into a bottom less pit of debt with no regard. If unemployment benefits continue to be extended then you'll know for sure that a major event is imminent in 2012.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If we go by the bohemian grove kind of thing, where the top leaders worship some type of demonic creature, could be what we refer to as satan. Going by this, one could assume that by not telling the public the truth about such a thing, they would continue their lives in sin and reckless. Maybe not you, but I would assume that if many people thought the end of world would be near, the churches would be filled, and asking for forgiveness in hopes of something greater than just death. Just another thought, sorry if I offend anyone.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath
 


"If you are religious the bible makes it very clear that no man will be same from god's wrath, even those who flee to the caves and underground."

Well it wouldn't be a very effective control manual if it said otherwise would it? Just imagine...

"And yeah verily none will be safe from Gods wrath (except those who hide in caves, you dudes can sin to your hearts content)."

That just wouldn't do at all :-)


Regardless of the religious phrophecy/warnings having any truth or not - I'd be a little leary of going deep underground in a government bunker knowing a massing tidal wave or 10.0+ mag worldwide earthquake from a pole shift or planetary event was going to devestate the earth in a few years - seems to me all that all of these underground bunkers would entomb the people in them. I'd rather just accept my fate and perish above ground with the masses.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath
 


I know where you are coming from. It depends on the scenario in question. The planet is big and has been here a long time. For something totally unsurvivable it would need to be some form of solar catastrophe like in the film 'knowing'. Or something off the wall like 'eaten by a man made black hole'...

In pretty much all other cases the few would survive. I'm afraid I would not be able to be philosophical about that. They'd have to machine gun me at the bunker doors. Even if its 99% certain death thats better than 100%



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join