It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Experts on Meteorites? (thoughts on Ice Meteorites)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Supposedly, there's a scientist this week, who will announce that he has an "Ice Meteorite" that has an example of ET life inside....

www.prnewswire.com...

Yeah, I know, I'm pretty sure it's all a crock too. Personally, I've never heard of an ice meteorite, and the little bit I could find, is mostly debate about whether they can exist or not...(i.e. burning up before landing). The scholarly consensus is that they likely don't exist.

So, just wanted to get some weigh in from anybody who may know more about them.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I see no chance of this guy being able to prove that Earth microbes/bacteria didn't contaminate the object.

Anyways, hasn't most modern science acknowledged that the building blocks of life, if not life itself, did come from comet fragments or meteorites?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not sure...but even ignoring his claim...there's the problem of the "ice meteorite" itself.

Thing is though, I don't even think these "ice meteorites" exist, so that would seem to blow him right out of the water right there... The one scholarly paper I could find, highly doubts their existence, due to an almost impossible set of circumstances for them to be intact upon reaching Earth.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I guess an "ice meteorite" could make it to earth in theory, but it would have to start out HUGE in the upper atmosphere as it would melt on entry.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I don't know anything on them, but I did find information of one said to have fallen in China in 1995.

BEIJING, April 2 (Reuter) - Chinese experts, saying it could be a scientific first, have recovered what they believe to be chunks of meteoric ice that plummeted to earth in Zhejiang province, Xinhua news agency said.

It was a happy coincidence that amateur geologist Zhong Gongpei was nearby on March 23 when farmers saw three large chunks of ice crash with a whoosh into the paddy fields of Yaodou village, the official agency said late on Saturday.

Meteorite expert Wang Sichao of China's prestigious Purple Mountain Observatory in Jiangsu province said two chunks recovered by Zhong were probably ice meteorites but that further analysis was needed for confirmation, Xinhua reported.

No ice meteorite has ever been verified by scientists before, Wang said.

If confirmed, the meteoric find would be China's second major scientific triumph this year.

Experts are viewing what portends to be the world's first recovery of an ice meteorite with excitement and caution.

I'm very curious about this 'Ice Meteorite' the scientist has, and if true what they'll find out about the 'alien life' in it.

China 1995

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

That's just it, the only way for it to exist, is to be going at the possible slowest speed, at the right angle, and be large enough to have something left at impact.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
That's just it, the only way for it to exist, is to be going at the possible slowest speed, at the right angle, and be large enough to have something left at impact.
It mostly depends on size I think.

The composition of the Tunguska object in 1908 has been debated but it was thought to have a fair amount of ice in the composition. It exploded above the ground but if it was made of ice, some ice meteorites probably reached the ground, fragments of the explosion.

Small pieces of ice wouldn't have a chance of surviving atmospheric entry, but according to this, Tunguska sized objects 20-50m across or larger could. Those are thought to be once in 400 year events however.

hyperion.cc.uregina.ca...

That source also notes that some ice balls reach the ground as exceptionally large hailstones, baseball sized for example, and someone might think it's an ice meteorite when it's not.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't an "ice meteorite" be a comet as comets are the ones made of ice?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adept2u

At one time there was a belief that asteroids were made of stone and comets were made of ice.

But more recently there has been a realization that it's not that simple, some asteroids also contain ice.

So ice could come from a comet, and one theory about the Tunguska impact is that it was a comet fragment. But ice can also come from asteroids.

Ice Asteroids Likely Source of Earth's Water

The findings also blur the distinction between rocky asteroids, once thought to be too close to the sun to contain water, and comets, composed of much the same stuff along with ice and dust.

I thought that distinction was too simple so of course I'm glad to be proven right.

But you' weren't wrong to think the way you do since science thought the same for a long time, until recently.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ice meteorite contains alien life remains

Figure 1 below is marked for alien life remains of blood vessel and
red blood cells found in an ice meteorite discovered by Mr. Duane P.
Snyder:

Figure 1: www.wretch.cc...

Photo source and credit: The original micrograph of Figure 1 was
purchased from Mr. Snyder’s website at www.snydericyrite.com...

The website contains chemical composition reports. They are meteorites because they contain nearly all the elements of the Periodic Table. No Earth rocks have such concentration of elements.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WretchFossil
The website contains chemical composition reports. They are meteorites because they contain nearly all the elements of the Periodic Table. No Earth rocks have such concentration of elements.
Maybe he claims that but has any peer-reviewed article confirmed it?

I got the impression he wouldn't let any real scientists near it, but prove me wrong if I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WretchFossil

Added on Dec. 3, 2010:
Proof of meteorite:

The following link shows Mr. Snyder had the ice meteorite analyzed
for its chemical composition and bio-molecular structures. The
analysis reports show the object contains most of the elements on the
periodic table (90 u). No Earth rocks contain so many elements in a concentrated form.

In short, the object is a meteorite because it contains iron-nickel metal and animal fossils. Listen to the radio talk for details at:
www.disclose.tv...

In the radio talk, Mr. Snyder said scientists showed no interest in his ice meteorites.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
was something riding on it?

how does parts of blood vessels get in there when blood vessels belong to something larger?

or was it a burial in space that came down.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

In the radio talk, Mr. Snyder said scientists showed no interest in his ice meteorites.
Probably because scientists know that ice would melt in the atmosphere upon entry from space, so they know he doesn't really have any ice meteorites.

The only exception might be once every 400 years or so when an object like Tunguska's 1908 impact occurs, there might have been an ice meteorite in 1908, but none since. It's pretty hard to miss when something that big impacts the Earth.

Originally posted by fooks
was something riding on it?

how does parts of blood vessels get in there when blood vessels belong to something larger?
He calls them blood vessels, but they're not blood vessels. They look like fibers to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Fiber? What fiber exactly? Please specify.

If one is not specific in the identification of the object, he/she is not in a position to disprove a claim on the object. For example, for nearly 16 years no scientists can surely identify the "biomorph" in meteortie ALH84001 as a mineral, so those scientists really are not in a position to disprove the claim of biomorphs in the meteorites.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Fiber? What fiber exactly? Please specify.

If one is not specific in the identification of the object, he/she is not in a position to disprove a claim on the object.
I didn't claim I know what it is, only that I know what it isn't. I said it looks like a fiber to be, and I can support that claim but I'm not trying to prove what kind of fiber it is. Here's a picture of a fiber:

www2.fbi.gov...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94c83bf0cdf8.jpg[/atsimg]
"Figure 1: Fluorescing test fiber on a ski mask"

The color looks odd because they are shining a fluorescent light on it, but take it to another setting and put it in a hailstone and to me it will look similar to the image claimed to be a blood vessel.

That photo is from the FBI and I suspect they have a huge library of fiber types recorded for forensic analysis so if you are really inclined to identify the type of fiber, consulting with them or another forensic lab might help. I'm not so inclined.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here is something about Mr. Snyder:

“I prayed for Jesus to send me an ice meteorite, because I knew it would be quite valuable,” Duane P. Snyder, 65, said of the chunk of ice he found on a South Haven roadway in 2000…In March 2000, Snyder noticed several chunks of ice on the road near his home. Since it hadn’t snowed for weeks, he deduced that the ice must have been an ice meteorite. After gathering up a few pieces and stashing them in his freezer, he spent the next 10 years trying to convince scientists to analyze the frozen mass.

I see chunks of ice on the highways where i live in the Calif desert every winter.

They fall off trucks coming south on the highway from Reno NV to LA Calif. (California State Route 14)

To someone that was new to this they would wonder where the ice came from when there was no snow and they were in the desert..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Ice falling off trucks would be a good explanation for chunks of ice found on the road.

Thanks for posting that.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Added on Dec. 4, 2010:

Most elements on the periodic table are
found concentrated in a tiny part of one ice meteorite.

That tiny part contains both iron-nickel metal and animal fossil debris, which ensures that it was extraterrestrial in origin, as no terrestrial artificial/natural objects contain so many elements and fossil debris in just one tiny part of the objects.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

As I am dodging CIA's cruise missles and NASA's threat, you asked me to contact FBI.
No fibers contain round,concave particles of

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join