It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would buying gold and silver really hurt the big banks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've noticed people saying that buying gold and silver would hurt the banks.

Would it really?

The fed are buying bonds from the "big" banks at a substantial price increase for the banks, so what do you think these banks and bank owners are doing with all this access money they have?

Answer: Probably buying as much Gold and Silver they can.

They know the dollar and other currencies are going to fail, so when that happens there will be a huge outcry for a currency based off of the gold standard.

If the "big" banks own most of the gold and silver, then who is still in control of the money?, who will be in control of a new banking system? Who will we be begging to help bail us out again?

Yes buying gold and silver will hurt many banks and credit unions, causing them to close there doors. The problem is, these smaller banks and credit unions, aren't the criminals (or not as big of criminals as the big banks anyhow), and most didn't need the bailout money.

At this point going on the "gold" standard could actually help empower the "big banks" and Illuminati.

I am not saying it isn't a good idea to buy gold, in fact I think it is a great idea, because I honestly feel that this is how it's going to play out.

Give us your thoughts

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I figured this would be better debated. guess I was wrong.

One thing of note and something to ponder: If Big Financial institutes were afraid of being taken out by gold and silver, then why are they highly encouraging people to buy gold and silver commodities.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've only seen a few people talk about actually buying gold and silver, mostly to protect your wealth during the upcoming hyper-inflationary period (in my opinion, which is coming within the next twelve months.) Most of what I'm seeing on television is companies and people want you to SELL your gold for cash. LOL

Me personally, I'm buying as much silver as I can get my hands on. I'm hoping the market will correct itself to the silver to gold ratio of 16:1 soon.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't think accumulation of gold and silver would stick a hypodermic syringe in the big banks' backsides.

The globalist elite also control the value of gold and silver.

Anyway, what currency are you going to trade in when the value of those precious elements collapses?

Bartering.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The whole idea is to put a short squeeze on the pricks who are naked shorting silver and could never possibly repay the physical silver if all the paper holders demand their money at once...even over a reasonable amount of time they would fail to repay as it is just too much, they're done.
These corps need a lesson, they need to go down, i have zero respect for them.
Let them burn, they are NOT too big to fail.

Buy silver!
edit on 22-11-2010 by helltick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by helltick

what helltick said;
the major trader/banks have illegally sold like 100 to 1 paper to metal in some cases...
thats the weak point
if everyone bought physical silver...

it would work like a run on the bank except the buyers of the slver would do great

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I figured this would be better debated. guess I was wrong.

One thing of note and something to ponder: If Big Financial institutes were afraid of being taken out by gold and silver, then why are they highly encouraging people to buy gold and silver commodities.

In Britain we have adverts TELLING us to sell our gold and silver.

Just 'google sell gold UK' and see how many sites you get.

Suspicious no?

A pre-emptive removal of anything valuable?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
same here they are hoovering up all they can find..
and I bet they are paying well below market too

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't agree, you can just as easily buy physical silver at a little over spot. Those guy's are just low-ball pawn stars taking advantage of stupid people.

I must say your avatar freaks me right out though...I really hope they don't look like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Remember - these corporations are expendable.

They can hoard all the gold and silver into there own personal stock piles, and when shtf and they don't have the physical gold or silver to pay for all the commodity stocks, they will just print more money pay people very low cash, then cause the entire system to collapse.

The Corporations may collapse but there personal pockets are far larger than anyone else's, allowing them to just spring up somewhere else and control the worlds money even more.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

This is what will happen to those guy's:
market-ticker.org...
It's the new trend.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yup. I caught on to the whole "sell your gold" scheme. I recently started buying all the silver I can get my hands on. At only $2 above spot it feels good for me. My personal buying of silver probably won't dent the banks, but, I figure that I can cash in my silver when hyperinflation kicks in and still be able to buy food for my family.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
it's a little bit like when people vote, or maybe choose not to vote. it's apathy. how can I make a difference.

Currently there have been some very strange movements going on with gold.

check Kitco, as there is a nice little graphic there that tells you whether it has gone up or down because of buying or strengthening or weakening of the USD. Today for example the USD got stronger which put downward pressure on Gold. to the tune of around 10 dollar drop in price. However the amount bought made an increase of 20 dollars. net result gold went up 10 dollars.

Considering that billions of ISD are traded on the Forex market everyday, that is a hell of a lot of gold being bought. probably by China.

Silver is in much the same boat. but the difference is, that Silver has broken the link with gold, and according to James Turk, and GATA is now being traded as currency rather than commodity.

The point with the banks is that they have built up massive short positions based on paper contracts. i.e. there are hundreds of millions of ounces "held" by them for private investors. Obviously they want to keep the price low to stop people from cashing out, as they will make if the price goes down. But they fear even more all these people demanding physical delivery, Purely because they do not have the reserves of physical silver to back all their contracts.

The point behing max kieser is that if everyone in the US bought 1 oz of silver. then that would effectively suck dry the supply in the US. putting the banks under massive pressure, when people start to demand physical delivery of their investment. Which again according to James Turk people are doing.

Result is that when the silver drys up. as above ground supply is approaching zero, the fraudulent manipulation via the reserve system that has been going on will be painfully dragged into the daylight for ALL to see. net result on the shortage of silver is that it will force it up to it's true valve. Some same around $150 an oz.

I saw a report yesterday that the future hedge for december expired today. and in order for the banks not to lose billions, they needed the price below $25. as of today it is still over $27. but there was obvious downward pressure today to try and get it down, but it did not work, as everyone is buying. The next few weeks will be very interesting. I feel, But I am not a financial advisor so what you do with your money is your business.

Gold silver for protection.. yes. trading as real money. yes.

Will it hurt the banksters. If we all pull together to buy up the supply AND if people demand physical delivery. then ....yes.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
JPM. the big short and the big target of the silver buyers, has covered about 60% of their shorts and are probably long other derivatives (including options) and have made direct deals with several mines to get physical bullion to deliver. Despite these arrangements they have supposedly spun off the commodity desk that was short the silver futures making it a separate hedge fund. BTW, JPM recently raised their stock dividend from .05 to .25 a share. Silver will go up but it wont be in a straight line and the big banks will get bailed out with taxpayer money if they do get caught short.

top topics

join