It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneeling again next to RFK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
November 21, 2010

In 1968, 17-year-old busboy Juan Romero held Robert Kennedy's hand as the senator lay dying at the Ambassador Hotel. On what would have been RFK's 85th birthday, Romero visits his grave at Arlington National Cemetery.

Reporting from Arlington, Va.

As a skinny teenage busboy, Juan Romero knelt beside a mortally wounded Bobby Kennedy at the Ambassador Hotel. On Saturday morning, more than 42 years later, he knelt again, this time beside RFK's grave on what would have been Kennedy's 85th birthday.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47ca617c25c8.jpg[/atsimg]

www.latimes.com...

"What we need in the United States is not division … not hatred … not violence or unlawfulness, but love and wisdom and compassion toward one another, and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country.... Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to take the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world...." RFK

This is a wonderful story, Juan Romero who came to this country when he was only 10 years old knows are to be a true American.

He had a hard time all those years knowing he was shaking RFK's hand when he was shot, he has always wished he would have taken the bullet instead of RFK. By finally visiting his grave it has given me some closure as somehow he has carried this guilt with him all these years thinking it was his fault and should have been able to do something to prevent it.

God bless this man who knows how to be an American and should be example for all of us, I know that today is the 47th. anniversary of JFK's assassination, that day is forever in my memory.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

God bless this man who knows how to be an American and should be example for all of us, I know that today is the 47th. anniversary of JFK's assassination, that day is forever in my memory.

Hear hear to that Aquarius1!
I was pretty much unaware of the details of this story before watching the movie Bobby, by Emilio Estevez. I can not recommend this movie enough! It is wonderfully done, transporting us back to not only the event but the life and times of that era. He did extensive research on the topic and interviewed people that were actually there. The way Emilio builds up to the event and then pushes the tragedy right in your face, while eloquently juxtapositioning RFK's speech has a magical and powerful effect. That speech is the best speech I have ever heard and left me wondering what ever happened to vision from our leaders.
I highly recommend this movie! It has an outstanding cast and is truly a work of art as well as a celebration of a pivotal moment in history. I was blown away and left in tears.....

Watch Full Movie - Bobby

Thanks for honoring him Aquarius

Peace,
spec
edit on 22-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you so much for providing the youtube link to this movie, I haven't seen it but will now thanks to you, I know it will be emotional but that's OK. Hope many here will also watch it, we desperately need some perspective in these troubling days.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Its a terrible shame the misfortune of the Kennedy family.

although im starting to think more and more that RFK had a big part in covering up the truth about JFK's murder.

I think the last hope for America was JFK Jnr and his death is almost as suspicious as the others.

All it takes is one president to blow the lid on the evil that governs our lives and things have to change from then on in.

People may argue that governments cannot be 100% transparent they dont have to be just dont leave us in the dark.

ive never seen that image before thanks for brining it to my attention

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Robert Kennedy would of been one of the greatest Presidents of this country. Better then LBJ and Nixon that is for sure. Saved us in Vietnam.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thank you for posting the link, I am reposting it as yours seems to be broken, another powerful speech by Bobby Kennedy, who knew that just four months later he would also be gone.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

although im starting to think more and more that RFK had a big part in covering up the truth about JFK's murder.

You may be right about that, Bobby apparently has control about what was going on in the aftermath of JFK's murder, the question is if he is covering up something what would that be..there are those out there that say he was threatened, that wouldn't surprise me, if he were threatened with harm to himself or his family I would understand if there were something to hide he would keep his mouth shut.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As a young man living in Los Angeles, many years ago, I used to always pause and do a double take when driving or riding past the Ambassador Hotel and think to myself, wow, that's where they got Bobby Kennedy. I would look at the lawns and the shrubs and the sign and think, you just never know in this life, when and where your last moment will fall or how.

It wasn't until tonight though, when I saw this picture that I finally realized it was the Bus Boy that did it!

Mama mia!

Great post Aquarius1, star and flag.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It wasn't until tonight though, when I saw this picture that I finally realized it was the Bus Boy that did it!

Proto why would you think the Bus Boy did it, are you saying it wasn't Sirhan Sirhan but a seventeen year old boy?

new topics

top topics

join