It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booms again in North Carolina

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yo Boondock-Saint,
Here's the USGS site with nothing reported near you.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Perhaps if you were able to daisy chain 4 Active USB cables together with a logitech web cam,
we could all watch the ripples in the pond.
But what I didn't know was that you are at such a low elevation.
This is a guy that has his own theory on the rapid sea level rise in your area.
I'm sure that the CoIntel has already debunked him on ATS (like everyone else).
www.thelibertyman.com...

Here is a youtube vid (a series of 12) that talks about it.
www.youtube.com...
It's kind of dated and the Vatican Library just recently reopened at the same location. This sort of sours a small portion of his theory.
None the less, I'm sure you have your bug-out-bag ready.
Be safe.
Be ready.
Violater1 out.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
i would be interested in people who hear these booms to pst a location , not your exact adresse but maybe a general location so someone could map the points and we can look into solving this.

I believe I have a close location posted
under my avatar. That would be about
as close as i would feel comfortable
giving out on a public forum like ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

and I think a couple folks stated
sonic booms.

I have never heard one before
so I do not know what they
sound like. I have heard them
simulated in movies but I do
not know if those are accurate.

I do live in the flight corridor
between Myrtle Beach Air Base
and Pope Air Base and I usually
hear jets coming over about once
or twice a week. But those haven't
created sonic booms before that I
know of. Though I cannot eliminate
the possibility of jets but I highly doubt it
given their past performance in this area.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

thanks for the check on the
seismic data

I use to live in another location
close to a fault line and have felt
tremors before but never been in
an earthquake.

I don't think it was a tremor.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sonic booms, at the very least generate a very low rumble seeming to come from all directions. At their most intense, the initial sound wave sounds quite like an explosion, followed by the low rumbling.

I guess the only problem with the sonic boom theory, is you would think more people would have heard it and complained. The military is not supposed to go supersonic over populated areas unless it's an emergency. It can spook animals, horses, etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Sonic booms, at the very least generate a very low rumble seeming to come from all directions. At their most intense, the initial sound wave sounds quite like an explosion, followed by the low rumbling.

I guess the only problem with the sonic boom theory, is you would think more people would have heard it and complained. The military is not supposed to go supersonic over populated areas unless it's an emergency. It can spook animals, horses, etc.

Indeed.

And perhaps these guidelines have not been followed, for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have heard of this many times but not have had the excitement of hearing it in person.
www.globaldisasterwatch.blogspot.com...
this site has a record of this phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Intheshadwos

Come to think of it, my wife told me this morning that she heard an engine running early at around 3-4am. She said it sounded muffled like it was coming from within a building. I didn't think much about it till I read your response. Strange.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Based on what I've learned in my Geology classes, the sounds you are describing are generally heard before and during landslides and other mass-wasting events. There have been several rock and landslides in North Carolina this year. The ground is very unstable due to a lot of heavy rain over the last year...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I live near an air force base and Itl. Airport that they use.
when jets fly over my house they usually fly low because I am in the middle of nowhere I can hear them usually 3 or 4 at a time, for about a min but you know they are jets even when far away, now I live in a hilly area and plains for about 10miles in all directions the wind comes through here like a growling beast sometimes I think my diesel truck is driving by the house no joke I have had to look out the window to be sure, thats my only explanation is wind in a valley nearby but that would be something you would hear with the seasons,

if it was close enough to make vibration in the water then I would rule out jets.
do they have any mining or logging I have worked with blasters blasting rock and soil actually measured the sound so we wouldnt get sued by the gated community residents,
I was only a few miles away on the other side of the mountain from the blasting and what you described would have had to be a fairly long and deep blast so that doesnt seem right either

this has me intrigued. good luck finding out what it is, S&F
edit on 11/22/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Based on what I've learned in my Geology classes, the sounds you are describing are generally heard before and during landslides and other mass-wasting events. There have been several rock and landslides in North Carolina this year. The ground is very unstable due to a lot of heavy rain over the last year...

thats a good theory. it would have to be a rock slide though.
I have witnessed and was on top of a landslide at work once sitting in my truck on the top of a 500' slope they were excavating below me, when I felt what I thought was the wind shake my truck so I got out looked down the cliff and around the top of the hill didn't notice anything but had a wired feeling so I was driving off the mtn and I drove over a 6" crack in the ground didn't think anything of it until I was at the other end of the valley looking at the spot I was just on and water came gushing out like a drain pipe 4' in dia. of water for 10min.

I kid you not the entire hill 500' tall and at least 2 football fields long Fell right before my eyes in one giant chunk and didn't make a sound, so a rock landslide would seem more probable
the vibration though that you could feel like a tremor but not shaky.

wow what a long story sorry too many beer and its still early...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

The book I'm suggesting is Hidden in Plain Sight by Richard Sauder.

Very interesting and scary.

Can't help but associate these sounds people are talking about with what Mr. Sauder's writes about.

Really good conspiracy book.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I live in the wilmington area . Yeah you would hear the "senaca guns" if you were out by fort fisher once in a while but not like this. People are reporting these 3 and 4 times a day from north of wilmington all the way to myrtle beach. There not sonic booms. the british air force used to buzz our ships for fun when i was in the navy. So ive heard just about every different variable and these are nothing close. I dont know how to post the link but starnewsonline.com has a reporting center on this and will hopefully be posting a map with the reported noises from call-ins and twitter posts. ive lived in this area for 30 years. i can tell you this is new

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I have heard of this many times but not have had the excitement of hearing it in person.
www.globaldisasterwatch.blogspot.com...
this site has a record of this phenomenon.

thanks for that link.
there was another link on that page
I found very interesting

mysterybooms.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boredomsux
People are reporting these 3 and 4 times a day from north of wilmington all the way to myrtle beach.

well that would be in the general vicinity
of where this incident happened with me.
So the claim is substantiated by more
than one person.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I also saw this article on yahoo
today and wondered if it was related
in some way to our event.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
www.starnewsonline.com...

the article with the map

ALOT more than you and I boondock

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
From page 1...

Originally posted by OneisOne

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afc84afa49cc.jpg[/atsimg]

That map resembes this map...

nesaranews.blogspot.com...

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Star
edit on 23-11-2010 by Antoniastar because: I typo-ed. Excuse me. *blush*

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I heard that it was typical of the new class of fast attack submarine when accelerating beyond the speed of sound. Of course the Navy isn't talking about this because up until now it was thought to be impossible for any ocean vessel to go that fast. The secret however, in broad terms, is not in new propulsion but in a technique called "dynamic displacement shifting". This one really is ATS but maybe someday we'll hear more than just the booms.

edit on 23-11-2010 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I just wanted to throw another theory out there. Not that I'm saying THIS is what it is, but explore all possibilities right?

Could it be an air cannon for pest-birds? Here in East Tennessee we get an invasion of starlings every fall that has made some business & neighborhoods employ air cannons to disrupt them. Are there any orchards or vineyards near your home? Sometimes it's not easy to know where it's coming from.

From a news paper is Missouri, sullivanjournal.com...:

For a long time, residents couldn’t pinpoint what was causing the loud booms they say is disturbing the peace in their neighborhood. The culprit is a propane-fueled air cannon used to frighten unwanted fowl from the vineyards. It’s typically used from the first week of July until the first week of October, said Nancy Pfeiffer, one of the owners of the Voss family Belmont Vineyards. “It’s a very short period of time,” she said.

Could explain the booms, but in no way explains the rumbles. And I really don't think it is this mundane. Just some info that might help others with random 'booms'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join