It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booms again in North Carolina

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Alright I posted another thread about a similar incident
on Nov. 9 here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But here it is Nov. 22, 2010 and it is happening again.
This time I heard it.

It was like a very low pitched rumble or boom
which slightly oscillated in frequency. There were
about 4 of them back to back in succession.
They started about 2:50 pm EST Nov. 22, 2010.
I first thought it was thunder but when I checked
outside there were no clouds or weather fronts
in the area. I even checked local doppler radar
and nothing within 100 miles of me.
But there was something odd about these booms.
When I looked out the door to check for clouds,
I looked over at the pond next to where I live
and the water had ripples on the surface kind of
like when you tap a fork against a glass and the water
inside vibrates. That was what it looked like.
The booms lasted for about 1 minute in duration
and then subsided completely. The closest fault line
to me is about 200 miles away in the Appalachians.
I have no idea what is causing these booms.
Any ideas from ATS ???
And please don't say it's artillery from Ft. Bragg
as I live far enough away that the base artillery
sounds do not reach here.

Did anybody else in NC hear this too ????

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I thought of your previous post about this while reading "Hidden In Plain Sight" by Richard Sauder.

Google Video Link

Where are the secret underground bases? - How far down do they go? - What leaks are coming from the classified world? - What has the U.S. Navy planned for beneath the ocean floor? - Are there bases beneath the ocean? - What's going on beneath Washington, D.C.? - Are there high-speed, underground maglev systems? - What is the connection with UFOs and the alien question? This is a book that truly goes where no other book has gone before. It is a must-read for any and all who are seeking to understand the full magnitude of the Matrix-like reality of our civilization. Using a combination of archival research, on-the-scene investigation, and first-hand interviews, Sauder takes the reader into a world that is under the ground and under the ocean. It is a world that we are supposed to think is impossible, and yet -- after reviewing his evidence -- seems all-too-likely. Jim Marrs, author of bestsellers "Crossfire," "Rule by Secrecy," and "The Rise of the Fourth Reich," said that "Hidden in Plain Sight" should be on your "must-read shelf." Timothy Good, author of the bestseller "Above Top Secret," called Sauder's book "brilliant, fascinating and revealing ... a must for all those interested in, and concerned about, the clandestine underground and undersea world beneath us."

Possibly you are hearing and feeling underground tunneling.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I live in NC about 85 miles east of the Appalachians. I didn't notice any rumbling or booming, but I did notice a rhythmic tapping coming from my drains this morning about 8am. I live in a rural area, and my drain lines are connected to a septic drain. They've only made this tapping sound once before a couple of weeks ago (and at no other time that I can recall), but it was definitely distinct. The water in my toilet was vibrating as you mentioned about the water in your pond.

Could be some shallow vibration in the ground, but tied to what? I do not know.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I have not heard a thing where i live but not to say its not going on ..I live in Lexington to far for me to here it . Wish i could though! Thanks for the Post!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Daniel says at the time of the end many will "run to and fro". Perhaps the underground travel tubes are seeing increased activity as the end draws near.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I was thinking tunneling too, but a lot of NC isn't really suited for deep bases (soft soil, high water table). There is a significant fault running along the appalachians, but that doesn't explain tremors off the line to the east.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
nothing here either, but I am sure you know the all too familiar sounds of training on Bragg. They used to test the MOAB out there and it had strange things associated with it. I would hear a buzz just after the boom. But I am 20 minutes north of you. If you keep experiencing it, put a cheap webcam on the pond and record it. If you can associate the noise with the ripples, you will have everyone's attention.

link   
reply to post by itsallamile

Lexington, NC?

What are the odds?

link   
I would have to agree with ofhumandescent.

My husband's office (in Knoxville, TN) went through weeks of these type of noises. Everyone there was told it was due to nearby construction, but oops, they're a construction company and could not find the site!!

I have heard many stories of tunneling in the Smoky Mountains. Some people hypothesize that some of the more mysterious disappearances that happen in the mountains are from people wondering upon an entrance or workers. I've got a book on that somewhere.

We live near Oak Ridge National Labs and get weird rumblings & buzzing sounds. Drives my dogs nuts!

edit on 22-11-2010 by OneisOne because: I'm a goober.....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ya know, this makes me think of a thread from earlier in the year.

San Andreas like fault found in the Eastern US.

May 28, 2010 -- For 30 years geologists have been puzzled by a remarkably straight magnetic line that runs between New York and Alabama along the Appalachians. A recent aerial magnetic survey uncovers a 500-million-year-old San Andreas-type fault. The fault is invisible from the surface and remains mysterious. It's currently inactive, but the right set of conditions could set it off. The line on the map marked as "NY-AL" shows where the fault lies.
Orginal Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afc84afa49cc.jpg[/atsimg]

Could be natural, but my money would be on tunneling!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well Lexington is quite a ways
from here. I don't think this
was a bomb at all, the frequency
of the rumble was too low.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The ones here in central FL have stopped. Can't help you with NC though.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yeah, that fault line is large and it's what's responsible for creating the Appalachian Mountains. But I haven't heard any reports about trimmers coming from Boone or even Wilksboro.
Maybe they are tunneling in NC. They'd have to do it more to the middle or west of the state, due to the high water table and soft soil in the east.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

hey thanks for that map
but after looking at it, I still
am nowhere near the existing
or the newly found fault. I'm
only about 60 miles from the coast
and the elevation here is less
than 100 feet above sea level.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

thanks for that
I have never heard sauder before
and I don't have an hr to spend
right now so I'll have to watch
later. I did get to view the first 6
minutes and it looked very interesting.
However, given our soil and low water table
I doubt it would be underground anything
man made round here. But I may be wrong.

edit on 11/22/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I live at the coast here in NC, the Wilmington area. There have been several booms here the past few weeks but I only witnessed one. It was around 2 in the afternoon and I heard a loud noise that sounded like an explosion that rattled my windows and shook my house. I walked outside to see what was going on and many of my neighbors were outside as well spooked by the loud noise and tremor.

My parents live on Oak Island and they heard it too. According to them the boom has been happening for years and they have experienced it on multiple occasions. The boom is nothing new to its residents.

There are many ideas as to what the noise is but mine has to do with the military. Sunny point is here and it is the largest ammo dump in the United States. www.globalsecurity.org... I just think the simple answer is that it is the ammo dump disposing of ordinance out in the ocean or possibly underground.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Are you sure those aren't sonic booms from supersonic aircraft? What if 4 aircraft flew over about 15 seconds apart?

I've heard sonic booms before, and they are weird.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I haven't read your other thread on the subject so I'm not sure if this explanation has been put forward, but do you think they could possibly be sonic booms?

I have experienced a similar noise on more than one occasion and when I looked into the possible causes I was pretty satisfied that I'd been hearing sonic booms, as alluded to in this link concerning an event that occurred around my neck of the woods (circa 2006).

www.pprune.org...

Do you think that explanation could possibly fit the bill? I trotted this theory out a few months ago on here to another person who'd experienced these 'skyquakes' and they agreed that the symptoms seemed to match.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i would be interested in people who hear these booms to pst a location , not your exact adresse but maybe a general location so someone could map the points and we can look into solving this.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Haven't been active on this site for a while (lurking) but I did hear very what sounded like a large motor/engine running for a few hours around the same time as the OP, first noticed it around 1.30pm

Now, considering where I live in NC, that is strange as there is nothing around me.

I took an ATV around the woods, but couldn't find anything or determine from what direction it was coming from, it really seemed to be based in the ground but there was no noticeable vibration or disturbance.

Obviously it wasn't an airplane due to the length of time the noise continued.

Today, nothing going on, nice and quiet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join