It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Delta Planes Suffer Mishaps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

3 Delta Planes Suffer Mishaps

online.wsj.com

Three Delta Air Lines Inc. jets suffered separate engine emergencies over the weekend, despite a stepped-up maintenance program put in place partly to combat engine problems.
The trio of engine shutdowns—two on specially equipped planes used for long-haul international routes—all ended in safe emergency landings without injuries. They are being probed by Delta and federal safety experts.

The incidents included a Moscow-bound Delta Boeing 767 with more than 200 people aboard, which returned safely to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Sunday after losing thrust from
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I did a search here for," 3 Delta Jets with engine" and found nothing.
Now if the TSA enhanced groping and fondling technique isn't enough to stop you from flying, then how about, after getting felt up by gobermnt goons, your jet falls from the sky!
My take on this is that Big Sis and Obama want you Not To fly so that the airline industry goes belly up. Then the gobermnt comes in and takes over commercial airline travel. Hmmmmm
IMHO.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-11-2010 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
But the TSA is supposed to make us all safe and make all the flights safe and what is going on here, aren't we supposed to be safe because of the TSA?

*smirk*

Engine failure and weather are the single largest cause of airline mishaps.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Seems like the main stream media isn't giving this "Die with Delta" story much coverage.
Just finished watching Catie Curick and there was nothing there.
I would think that 3 jets from the same airline, all originating from airports on the Eastern Seaboard, experience engine problems.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Can't blame it on Al Queso...noone died...situation was handled... no ratings pull.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I read the article....nothing special about the incidents.

If you saw the statistics, you'd notice that these are not unusual, in the industry....but, because of the Qantas incidents recently, each time it happens to one airline, it gets hyped to the max.

Delta 30, JFK to Moscow, was apparently most serious, with a confirmed "power loss". (That is the proper call-out, at least where I flew).

The other two, in the article, were vague...I could look them up for you. Any number of situations can crop up, not always a sudden loss of power, either.

Some years ago, in a B-757, we had an overtemp warning (Not in the engine itself, part of the pneumatic system, which uses hot compressed airflow tapped from the engine, at various stages, for various purposes. Primarily, pressurization). Followed procedure, which was first to retard throttle to idle power. IF the overheat light extinguished, then could continue with engine operating at the power setting that kept the light off. Of course since we were going from New York to Quito, and we had just left, there was no doubt but a return for landing.

As it turned out, the hot air leak was in a location that didn't extinguish, with engine at idle, so the procedure then was a precautionary shut-down.

I didn't tell the passengers this, just an "engine problem" and we diverted into Washington Dulles (closest, at that time). They didn't need to worry, about only having the one engine. My crew knew, though, of course....

This never made it to the media, of course. Was a non-event. BUT, it gets written up, a Captain's Report is filed, copies are kept by the Company, copies go to the FAA, to Boeing, to Rolls Royce (manufacturer of the engine), and the actual fault (once maintenance gets to it, on the ground) is all documented. Stays in the industry, as data-sets for future reference, should anything re-cur, or to look for trends....

new topics

top topics

join